The Silence

Al Jolson

Not everyone agrees with you as you'll have detected. I have a feeling that there's a certain "we're the main men and we'll do whatever we please and fuck the rest of you's cos you's aren't as good supporters as us attitude" and I think that's one of the reasons you'll fail to get the majority of the support behind you.

I've said it elsewhere, you've got to be extremely careful about how you're going about this or all you're going to end up with are a number of empty seats where your buddies once sat and have now been banned.

Choose your battles, and your method of fighting those battles, carefully.

What threads are giving you this impression? I've never noticed this "attitude" you mention.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The silence in the BF was wrong. I understand why you did it but NOTHING should detract from the team on the pitch and, in my opinion, it did. You could almost feel the difference when the silence was broken, it gave the whole stadium a lift and I felt it had a major impact on the players thereafter.

The banners, the police line tape, all absolutely fantastic and I take my hat off to each and every one of you.

But no more silences!

Just one question: Did you start up songs ?

I sing but if you had the misfortune to hear this voice you'd know that this is a voice to fit in with others not one to be singing solo.

So that's a no ? :)

I don't get this 'You've made your point, now leave it alone' crap.

How the hell would a one-off protest get any points across ?

I completely understood why they did it like that, it showed that they are invaluable to the stadium to create any atmosphere.

So that's a no ? :)

I don't get this 'You've made your point, now leave it alone' crap.

How the hell would a one-off protest get any points across ?

I completely understood why they did it like that, it showed that they are invaluable to the stadium to create any atmosphere.

Good for you, you keep up the good fight. But, and I can GUARANTEE you this, you won't get the whole support, or even anywhere near a majority involved in direct action. You will never get them to take your side in a fight against Rangers. You will NEVER win in an argument with the Police/officialdom.

If you believe you can then the likelihood is that yer mammy still ties your shoelaces in the morning before putting your lunch money in your zipped up pocket.

I've made my position on this clear so I'll retire from this whole thread now. :cheers:

WoW!! :praise: Feel loved! :h34rt: :h34rt: I might just surprise you all and turn up!! :lol::beer1:

Will you be the one with the handwringer t-shirt :craphead:

Come along for a wee P A R T Y. Although i hope you are not one of those mild mannered folk who end up involved in orgies and violent behaviour when drunk :sherlock:

As I said in the OP, big fella, I just thought it had a negative impact on proceedings on the pitch and nothing should be allowed to do that.

Surprised I'm the first to pull you up about this but do you not think our highly paid players should be able to motivate themselves to do the job in hand whether the support sing or not?

I'm a fan of the The Blue Order and Union Bears and support them on this but if it had been a 90 minute protest and we dropped points would that have been their fault?

Will you be the one with the handwringer t-shirt :craphead:

Come along for a wee P A R T Y. Although i hope you are not one of those mild mannered folk who end up involved in orgies and violent behaviour when drunk :sherlock:

I dont know if my handwringer t-shirt will fit any more - any t-shirt will be XXL.

I have been accused of many things while out drinking - mild mannered however has never been used when describing me! I dont believe in violence so you are OK there and orgies are just a fignment of other peoples imagination and dont happen to wee fat old chaps like myself UNLESS they have paid for them (Max Mosely eat your heart out)

I dont know if my handwringer t-shirt will fit any more - any t-shirt will be XXL.

I have been accused of many things while out drinking - mild mannered however has never been used when describing me! I dont believe in violence so you are OK there and orgies are just a fignment of other peoples imagination and dont happen to wee fat old chaps like myself UNLESS they have paid for them (Max Mosely eat your heart out)

:lol::clap:

Ye seem like a decent chap.

Ye can take RFC52's place at my table.

Good for you, you keep up the good fight. But, and I can GUARANTEE you this, you won't get the whole support, or even anywhere near a majority involved in direct action. You will never get them to take your side in a fight against Rangers. You will NEVER win in an argument with the Police/officialdom.

If you believe you can then the likelihood is that yer mammy still ties your shoelaces in the morning before putting your lunch money in your zipped up pocket.

I've made my position on this clear so I'll retire from this whole thread now. :cheers:

What are you, French ? :sherlock: