The Silence

Al Jolson

I was in the group as always but hated this ! I go every home game to support my team regardless, now I get what some are saying that if the club won't stand up for us we should go silent, but if this protest is really about Salmond and his legislation do you really think he will care if a section will sit silent for 54 minutes, also it was a carbon copy of what the scum did last week and that pissed me off.

I would much rather bounce about for the full 90 and cause problems for the stewards and police rather than sit down and say nothing.

I was under the impression that today's silent protest was aimed at Whyte and his security personnel whilst the banners were regarding the SNP and their proposed bill.

Was I wrong?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression that today's silent protest was aimed at Whyte and his security personnel whilst the banners were regarding the SNP and their proposed bill.

Was I wrong?

Aye, I thought it was aimed at the Rangers hierarchy.

Was I wrong?

I never thought that it was and like I said in my OP I can get were people are coming from but still I feel bouncing around for 90 mins would have been a lot better or something more imaginative than basically copying what the scum did last week.

I never thought that it was and like I said in my OP I can get were people are coming from but still I feel bouncing around for 90 mins would have been a lot better or something more imaginative than basically copying what the scum did last week.

Isn't 'bouncing around for 90 minutes' the norm? :D

Banners like the Al Magrahi one will have the SNP and other politicians taking note. Forty five thousand people at the game plus thousands on the internet will have seen this and it will stick in the mind at election time that the current "government" free terrorists but jail those who sing inoffensive songs.

All the parties spout the same pish about policies on education, employment, policing etc. So nowadays votes come down to which party annoys folk least. They've made football political and they will regret it :uk:

The silence in the BF was wrong. I understand why you did it but NOTHING should detract from the team on the pitch and, in my opinion, it did. You could almost feel the difference when the silence was broken, it gave the whole stadium a lift and I felt it had a major impact on the players thereafter.

The banners, the police line tape, all absolutely fantastic and I take my hat off to each and every one of you.

But no more silences!

I think everything they did yesterday was superb and it was an insight into what it will be like on match days if we allow the government to have their way. I also think they're entitled to use any means they see fit when it's them in particular being targeted inside the stadium.

Every bear should be backing them as one day it could be you or I in their shoes!

I think everything they did yesterday was superb and it was an insight into what it will be like on match days if we allow the government to have their way. I also think they're entitled to use any means they see fit when it's them in particular being targeted inside the stadium.

Every bear should be backing them as one day it could be you or I in their shoes!

It won't be that prick.

If the rest of the stadium did their bit a silent protest wouldn't have been a success. Well done to those lads for showing their displeasure at the poor treatment they have received. Keep it up and it might even shame the rest into action.

That fucking Setanta had the game advertised but showed last weeks Dunfermline game THREE FUCKING TIMES..and sais the HIVS game was cancelled due to

"adverse weather conditions" :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: so I didn't see the banners.

WELL DONE to all those fans :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: and you're correct casey 75% who go to Ibrox don't actually go and support the team... they go there to watch a game.

The silence in the BF was wrong. I understand why you did it but NOTHING should detract from the team on the pitch and, in my opinion, it did. You could almost feel the difference when the silence was broken, it gave the whole stadium a lift and I felt it had a major impact on the players thereafter.

The banners, the police line tape, all absolutely fantastic and I take my hat off to each and every one of you.

But no more silences!

Yeah they are trying to kill Dr who as well.

There the ones taking all the shit so they can protest however they see fit and they will get my backing. And when they do sing it is slowly but surely spreading to the West Enc and BF and that can only be a good thing.

Banners were fantastic also (tu)

IMO a silent protest isnt the way to do it, however I will stand by it. What I will say but is, if youre planning on having a silent protest, fucking let people know about it beforehand. Dont wait till the game starts then turn around and yell at folk to sit down and be quiet. Noone I was sitting near had any idea what was going on, and there was a guy a row or 2 behind me that was getting really pissed off- thoght he was going to smack someone