Strathclyde Police

Was at the game yesterday in my usual seat in the Copland rear beside exit 20.

Did anyone else clock the Police Officers with the Digital handheld camcorders filming us all in our seats?

What the feck is this all about.....surely this is the Police State going too far ? and is this happening at all other SPL games...i fear not !!!

Am going to contact Ibrox tomorrow for their thoughts .......comments welcome from fellow bears...!!

Did anyone else clock the Police Officers with the Digital handheld camcorders filming us all in our seats?

What the feck is this all about.....surely this is the Police State going too far ? and is this happening at all other SPL games...i fear not !!!

Am going to contact Ibrox tomorrow for their thoughts .......comments welcome from fellow bears...!!

Why didnt you ask them your self directy...you are a paying customer

You need to start standing up and speaking for yourselves nobody will ask them for you

I noticed them doing that at tannadice earlier in the season. Only on the gers fan tho.

i remember that indeed, and they werent sly about it either

No were they feck. Looked kike they were enjoying it a bit to much actually :shifty:

If you feel your civil liberties are being impinged then go and see your MP about it.

Also it wouldn't be such a bad move to elect fewer bitter tims to parliament on May 3rd (tu).

With regards to Police videoing anyone, i am sure they need to advise publicly that they are doing so. In reply i am sure that if you register a complaint about these tactics the police then must answer your complaint. As per the abuse handed out to our fans in europe we need to drown the relevant authorities in paperwork.

If you feel your civil liberties are being impinged then go and see your MP about it.

Also it wouldn't be such a bad move to elect fewer bitter tims to parliament on May 3rd (tu) .

Yes several weeks ago I advised most of the guyz on here who are complaining about their treatment with all theses issues to visit their local MPs weekly surgery

Thats the best course of action if they think their civil liberties are being abused......if plenty of the boys go then the big knobs will sit up and take notice

Your local MP is obliged to listen to you and get feedback for you, or you can wait months or so and get a response form some rep party like RST but that will only be done a collective party...

Stand up for yourself and visit the local MP...you will be surprised by his response I was, he is there to be used so use him or just keep coming on forums and wasting time with your complaints :pipeguy:

With regards to Police videoing anyone, i am sure they need to advise publicly that they are doing so. In reply i am sure that if you register a complaint about these tactics the police then must answer your complaint. As per the abuse handed out to our fans in europe we need to drown the relevant authorities in paperwork.

It will just comeback with them saying they are doing this to spot known troublemakers and hooligans and something about they have the permission of RFC or under some law they dont need to.

I believe the police have started to do this due to the amount of claims they get against them for injuries - police brutality etc. They use these films to prove that they acted with only the required amount of force

Nah, they do it to build up databases on certain people, crowd reaction and training purposes.

Ibrox Stadium is widely covered by CCTV and I see no reason for individual police officers to be targetting specific areas. Other than the Aberdeen fans the other week, there has been no crowd trouble at Ibrox for a very long time.

As such, one must question the motives behind this.

Fans have been filmed at matches for years. Now the Strathclyde police are being more up front about it. If you are there simply to watch the match you have nothing to worry about.

It would be good to have an official reason why they are doing it though, yes?

CCTV already exists - why the concentrated option of handheld stuff in certain areas.

Fans have been filmed at matches for years. Now the Strathclyde police are being more up front about it. If you are there simply to watch the match you have nothing to worry about.

I agree in principle , however i think i'm well within my rights to complain when my 11 year old son is being filmed do you not think ?????