Spain V Scotland

G.E.C.

It's a scandal if the playoffs are seeded again.

The groups were seeded to make them all of roughly 'even' difficulty. Teams finishing second in their group, therefore are doing so completely on equal merit and should not be seeded. The draw should be open, any team can face any team.

For the likes of Montenegro, finishing second was a massive achievement and done entirely on merit, finishing 2nd in a group they were not meant to finish second in.... what right would UEFA have to seed the draw to give them minimal chance of qualifying?

The way it works is pretty simple. The Big Clubs, and by default the 'Big' Nations are the reason why UEFA get so much fucking money for both the Champions League and the European Championships. That financial clout earns the big attactions advantages from UEFA. It's not about being fair and it's certainly not about the good of the game and integrity of the competition. It's about TV audiences and advertising revenues.

aye, yerr right, ferdasyn, but ye didnae specify the nature of this 'spirit'.

let me shed a wee bit of light on it:

this scottish team is made up of shagger and naisy in the first team with whittaker and wallace on the bench. and when you consider that charlie, hutton, and millar are former gers, its not an exaggeration to say that rangers fc are responsible for the nucleus of this team.

and ...emm.. there's a wee tradition that goes along wi that that the poster you quoted and a number of others on here have apparently forgotten - something that we bring to the scotland team - NO FUCKIN SURRENDER, does it ring a bell?

we scots, who are rangers supporters, have a responsibility to get behind this team because of this but we also have a basic responsiblity to do so, regardless of who is on the team, and doing otherwise is an absolute fuckin disgrace.

and a wee word to our sassenach rangers supporters out there - you are without doubt our brothers but when it comes to international days and slaggin scotland ye can get tay fuck, along with the scum traitors across the city!

and to those rangers supporters on here giving oral pleasure week in week out to yerr spanish world champions - yerr fuckin team needed a dodgy penalty and 11 men against 10 to get a result that they didnt deserve the last time we met.

i know there are many scots on here who are too young to know of a scotland team where the likes of baxter and law toyed and humiliated the opposition - when we were a power on the world stage, fearing no one. if you had gone through that era, i doubt you would say the things you do about scotland.

furthermore, during this period players like paddy crerand - a celtic player of irish descent was as proud as fuck to play for scotland - unlike those fucking traitors of today like mccready.

rangers and celtic supporters were always arm in arm at wembley and hampden to gub the auld enemy.

every day of the year we beat the fuck out of each other except on international days.

and its a right fuckin shame that this spirit now belongs in a once upon a time fairytale.

with a world class goalie in shagger, and a game breaker like wee naisy to get right under their skin, adams and fletcher controlling midfield, the pace of millar, along with a wee sprinkling of a player like templeton to take the piss out of these overrated arrogant spanish cunts, we would stand a decent chance of victory.

hopefully, the spirit and pride of being scottish and not surrendering is in our players who will be pulling on the jersey this week in spain, even if it is dormant in many of our fellow scots.

yesterday, today and tomorrow - Scotland the Brave

FREEDOM!!!

But in all seriousness 100% correct, would have repp'd if i had any left.

:wanker:

Wilson doesn't have the temperament. The two big games he's played in (Rangers v St Mirren league cup final and Scotland v Czech Republic) he's made costly errors. Alright, maybe that's just inexperience. Maybe Wilson's as good as Alan Hanson. But when he's not starting for Liverpool he won't start for Scotland.

Another nonsensical post... Topped off with a bit of name calling... Lovely.

this scottish team is made up of shagger and naisy in the first team with whittaker and wallace on the bench. and when you consider that charlie, hutton, and millar are former gers, its not an exaggeration to say that rangers fc are responsible for the nucleus of this team.

and ...emm.. there's a wee tradition that goes along wi that that the poster you quoted and a number of others on here have apparently forgotten - something that we bring to the scotland team - NO FUCKIN SURRENDER, does it ring a bell?

we scots, who are rangers supporters, have a responsibility to get behind this team because of this but we also have a basic responsiblity to do so, regardless of who is on the team, and doing otherwise is an absolute fuckin disgrace.

and a wee word to our sassenach rangers supporters out there - you are without doubt our brothers but when it comes to international days and slaggin scotland ye can get tay fuck, along with the scum traitors across the city!

and to those rangers supporters on here giving oral pleasure week in week out to yerr spanish world champions - yerr fuckin team needed a dodgy penalty and 11 men against 10 to get a result that they didnt deserve the last time we met.

i know there are many scots on here who are too young to know of a scotland team where the likes of baxter and law toyed and humiliated the opposition - when we were a power on the world stage, fearing no one. if you had gone through that era, i doubt you would say the things you do about scotland.

furthermore, during this period players like paddy crerand - a celtic player of irish descent was as proud as fuck to play for scotland - unlike those fucking traitors of today like mccready.

rangers and celtic supporters were always arm in arm at wembley and hampden to gub the auld enemy.

every day of the year we beat the fuck out of each other except on international days.

and its a right fuckin shame that this spirit now belongs in a once upon a time fairytale.

with a world class goalie in shagger, and a game breaker like wee naisy to get right under their skin, adams and fletcher controlling midfield, the pace of millar, along with a wee sprinkling of a player like templeton to take the piss out of these overrated arrogant spanish cunts, we would stand a decent chance of victory.

hopefully, the spirit and pride of being scottish and not surrendering is in our players who will be pulling on the jersey this week in spain, even if it is dormant in many of our fellow scots.

WALLACE WALLACE WALLACE WALLACE. Kidding mate. However, you speak about the generation who went to Wembley and seen Scotland beat England and say had we went through that era people wouldn't say what they do say about the National Team? My Grampa went to EVERY Scotland game, home and away. Was at Wembley every year, was there the night Stein died etc. He's disgusted the way the team has declined, I feel sorry for you people having to put up with the shite we have in guys like Caldwell at centre half instead of men like Greig and Jardine. I support the team but just hate the Tartan Army, people get that mixed up. I too have been guilty of it. Can't see us getting a result though, we have a dream.

Cracking post. This is exactly how my Dad, Uncles and older generations in my family feel about Scotland (and they are all bears).

The Scottish people coming on here wishing Scotland to lose make me sick.

The only plus side is that Scotland will be going at 110% intensity whilst Spain will be going easy and worrying about injuries etc.

Of course, whether this is enough to close the massive gap in quality is highly doubtful but it's something that should be heavily considered in our tactics. Ideally we want a physical hard fought battle.