Auchenhowie - An Insight Into Our Training Regime.

Colonel Mustard

Training stint 1.

Right everybody, gather round. We're going to have long ball practice. This is our most important weapon, so everybody try and get it right.

Jela...stand up at the other end of the pitch and get ready to do a heider oan...Laffs, you get ready to guess where Jela's heider is going to land.

Greegs...get to edge of the box...you'll be first to launch one.

Boca...you get ready to punt just after Greegs.

Anybody that wins the challenge against those u17 defenders against you, gets a start on Saturday.

Fire away boys...

Training stint 2.

We're daein' joogling today lads.

I need Whitts, Mo, Laffs, and Jela up here in a line.

OK boys. We're going to play passes to you, and you've all to try running for a bit with the ball, while bobbling the ball from knee to knee, or ankle to ankle. It would be good if you can also practice leaving the ball behind you when you're running, and practice going back to tackle for it with an opponent.

Let's go...

Training stint 3.

This one's for our best tacklers, lads.

Can I have Mo, Jig, Whitts, and Laffs over here please.

Laffs, you go and practice fouling a defender while he's under pressure in his own half, and the rest of you come over here...

Whitts...sometimes you tend to leave your legs closed when up against a winger. Go over there and practice standing off an attacker, and spreading your legs so that you can get megged at least once every game.

Mo and Jig...I want you to imagine a 10 yard circle around an opponent, and don't encroach in that area when trying to put in a tackle. You can flick a leg out when a pass is made, but try and give your opponent enough time to make his own mistakes. Just remember that an opponent will pass as shitieley as us if we give him space, and he'll gift the ball back to us eventually.

Right, that's enough for today, but here's tomorrow's session...it's going to be practicing passing slowly.

We'll be perfecting taking 4 or 5 touches on the ball before rolling it slowly to a team mate, so that it attracts an opponent in for a tackle. We'll be making sure that everyone perfects this skill before we play another game.

Go and get your monster munch guys.

Fuck up.

No use in shooting the messenger.

If it was up to me, I'd rather we practiced pass and move, and forget the big punt up the park forevermore.

However, it looks like our training staff maybe think the opposite.

Auchenhowie shouldn't be there to practice punts up the park...

...or is it that our players are not using what they practice all week, and doing whatever the fuck they want?

People seem to think we are some sort of good team because we are sitting comfortably at the top. We aren't, we are fucking awful, as shown by the shambles that was our "European campaign". We lack the basics. We seem unable to pass and move, and have zero creativity in the midfield. Our midfield also feels the urge to sit of the opponents, which is rather annoying. Thankfully Celtic are just laughably bad.

In saying this, there have been some encouraging performances of late. Don't get me wrong, I really couldn't care less how we win, as long as we do - but we are absolutely shite.

We are a work in progress at the moment, we still have a way to go before we can say this is our settled team, But i agree with the OP practice makes perfect and we need to practice our passing. Also stop letting teams dictate the play, we are allowing teams to become comfortable with the ball at Ibrox now.

Chrsit almighty - do you take any joy from supporting Rangers? Have never seen anything but complaints and miserabilism from you on here. You can moan all you like about how we play but it's not been vastly different over the last few years and its hardly likely to change in the forseeable future - maybe we should play the freeflowing, exciting football that the Celtic play eh? Just accept that we aren't the most brilliant side and that we are going to slip up from time to time. The aresholes moaning now while we sit 10 points (or 7 points) clear are the same folks who'll be overjoyed when we get to our title winning game. Some folk. Have a fucking look at yourself

Training stint 1.

Right everybody, gather round. We're going to have long ball practice. This is our most important weapon, so everybody try and get it right.

Jela...stand up at the other end of the pitch and get ready to do a heider oan...Laffs, you get ready to guess where Jela's heider is going to land.

Anybody that wins the challenge against those u17 defenders against you, gets a start on Saturday.

Fire away boys...

Training stint 2.

OK boys. We're going to play passes to you, and you've all to try running for a bit with the ball, while bobbling the ball from knee to knee, or ankle to ankle. It would be good if you can also practice leaving the ball behind you when you're running, and practice going back to tackle for it with an opponent.

Let's go...

Training stint 3.

Laffs, you go and practice fouling a defender while he's under pressure in his own half, and the rest of you come over here...

Whitts...sometimes you tend to leave your legs closed when up against a winger. Go over there and practice standing off an attacker, and spreading your legs so that you can get megged at least once every game.

Mo and Jig...I want you to imagine a 10 yard circle around an opponent, and don't encroach in that area when trying to put in a tackle. You can flick a leg out when a pass is made, but try and give your opponent enough time to make his own mistakes. Just remember that an opponent will pass as shitieley as us if we give him space, and he'll gift the ball back to us eventually.

Right, that's enough for today, but here's tomorrow's session...it's going to be practicing passing slowly.

We'll be perfecting taking 4 or 5 touches on the ball before rolling it slowly to a team mate, so that it attracts an opponent in for a tackle. We'll be making sure that everyone perfects this skill before we play another game.

What I like about this training is that it has led us to a team well clear at the top of the SPL although I dont think the youth would be involved in the training as they are to be ignored.

Later in the season we have a masterclass from Craig Levin for Europe coming up where he teaches Ally and the squad how to play the 4-6-0 defence away from home to still get beat, but only narrowly, while hoping for a 0-0 result. Craig ays his inspiration was Walter but he wanted to take negativity to a whole new level.

The club are also to put fans workshops on on how to politely clap the opposition, leave early to beat the traffic or catch the tube, and the art of selecting a whipping boy to blame all the ills on (said person to be rotated between a sub-squad of targets but must not be called Davis)

(PS Yes - I Know its a lot of shit but as valid as some of the negativity and nonsense that gets spouted on here about our training, coaching and team)

Cringeworthy stuff...

Did you read that back before posting and still decide it was funny ?

It wasn't funny, but I think what he was trying to say was:

1. We rely on the longball. McGregor's punts and Boca's long ball didn't work at all on Sat.

2. Midfield didn't press at all and at times we are very stationary.

3. Whittaker can't defend to save himself and regularly gets the pish taken by very average (or below average) SPL players.

4. At times players look very sluggish.

5. Many of our players 'first touch' is severly lacking.

Care to disagree with any of them?

It wasn't funny, but I think what he was trying to say was:

1. We rely on the longball. McGregor's punts and Boca's long ball didn't work at all on Sat.

2. Midfield didn't press at all and at times we are very stationary.

3. Whittaker can't defend to save himself and regularly gets the pish taken by very average (or below average) SPL players.

4. At times players look very sluggish.

5. Many of our players 'first touch' is severly lacking.

Care to disagree with any of them?

1. Bollocks the odd long ball and we are up in arms

2. Midfield were 4 against 5 and pressed hard - just had a crap game

3. Whittaker had at least two tackles where the player was through one on one if he hadn't have covered but lets ignore that

4. Sluggish - wish I could run about like them

5. Just a bad day at the office - ever made mistakes ?

Training stint 1.

Fire away boys...

Training stint 2.

Let's go...

Training stint 3.

we have a very professional training set up.