This Constant Stream Of Pish

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

From the same group of posters trying to belittle our achievements at every turn, what is the motivation for this. Is it purely an attention thing?

It's the same posters that abused Walter when he was here that are now not giving mccoist a chance. They have Celtic winning games and us losing even though the evidence is plain for all to see this Celtic team is currently struggling to beat anyone whereas we haven't lost in the league all season.

If the points they were making made any sense at all at least you can debate them but they don't..

Sure it gives us people to laugh at when their predictions of doom go wrong but it's getting ridiculous, we are ten points clear of the filth with a rookie manager on very limited funds. The unhappy people are either at the wind up or are spolit by Walters success.

Name and shame .. the hound them I say!!:sherlock:

But I agree with you - for some - negativity perrmeates throughout a number of peoples posts, they almost wallow it it.

And france were holding up fine for a while against the Germans untill we had to come and teach old fritz a lesson

not once but twice.

Your welcome

And now Scotland isn't a country anymore, but an english dicks sucker land. Glad to see you are proud of being british

Whilst I agree with the OP, I'm of the opinion there are legit causes for concern.

Whilst the league table is favourable, and we've took 26 from 30pts in the league, it doesn't mask the fact we've looked very vulnerable at times this season in the league and haven't got past the first hurdle in 3 cup competitions.

Whilst I don't think it's at all appropriate we're all doom and gloom, or against the manager, I certainly do think there are plenty of warning signs flashing that we need to get the finger out.

Although if we are going through a bad spell, 26 from 30 isn't half bad!

I think most people agree with this post (for a Rookie manager its pretty good, just not perfect, but I think Ally will learn) - but I dont think that was the point GCL was trying to make (if I may be so bold) - I think he was questioning the motivations of some who ONLY post negatively. I know some do that for effect but some of the the negative posters have a constant downer on the club.

Exactly, if your opinion doesn't fit into the blinkered 'Because I love Rangers everything is amazing' category of posting you get called negative or a tim.

This is a discussion forum. It is a medium to present you opinion to other Rangers fans. If you don't agree with an opinion, that's fine, that's what its all about. But because you disagree with it doesn't make it a 'shite' opinion.

There are many problems with Rangers, fans like to discuss these.

There are also many positives with Rangers, again fans like to discuss these.

Because sometimes a topic isn't particularly positive or good news about Rangers or telling everyone how good we are, doesn't mean it isn't worth talking about.

Again don't confuse genuine debate and concern with what I am pointing out here

Look at the thread whose title gave mimicked for an example

On the litle time I have been on this board I have found your posts GeneralCartmanLee to be very autocratic, conceited, contemptuous, disdainful, domineering, egotistic, haughty, high and mighty, high-handed, imperious, insolent, know-it-all, lordly, on an ego trip, overbearing, pompous, presumptuous, pretentious, proud, puffed up, scornful, self-important, smarty, smug, sniffy, snippy, snooty, snotty, stuck up, supercilious, superior, swaggering, uppity,

Careful, online thesaurus crashes your computer sometimes.

They had 54% of the possession, that dosnt make it any better but the numbers should be right.

That was the final possession at around mid way second half it was 69%. But, yeh, got your point.

I was just a little shocked that a team like St Mirren can come to Ibrox and have that amount of possession even if it wasn't the whole match which ended up at 54% which is still awful tbh.

Exactly, if your opinion doesn't fit into the blinkered 'Because I love Rangers everything is amazing' category of posting you get called negative or a tim.

This is a discussion forum. It is a medium to present you opinion to other Rangers fans. If you don't agree with an opinion, that's fine, that's what its all about. But because you disagree with it doesn't make it a 'shite' opinion.

There are many problems with Rangers, fans like to discuss these.

There are also many positives with Rangers, again fans like to discuss these.

Because sometimes a topic isn't particularly positive or good news about Rangers or telling everyone how good we are, doesn't mean it isn't worth talking about.

Agreed in a way - but when you are getting posts like 'McCoist should be replaced at the end of the season, regardless of what he does between now and then' then there is a difference between genuine debate, and just spouting shite. Some folk on here revel in Rangers failing. It's astounding

Once again who said we played well ?

Just you fit in the pattern of people who are the most abusive towards the team in match threads and most overly critical of the team post game...you guys on the whole don't go to watch the team....

The term supporter wasn't designed for you on any level.

You see to be one of these people who cannot see any critisism of Rangers in the slightest. I suggest the forum is not a place for you to be hanging out since this is a place where discussions about Rangers FC happen and they aren't all positive. If you can't handle the issue or discuss it without throwing around insults then just fuck off.

General you think that you know everything when deep down you know F---k all, you are always trying to belittle everyone, if the do not agree with your opinion. You were sussed on another forum and chased off it, you do not fool anyone because most of us know what you are deep down.

You just tried to belittle him by saying he knows fuck all :lol:

Agreed in a way - but when you are getting posts like 'McCoist should be replaced at the end of the season, regardless of what he does between now and then' then there is a difference between genuine debate, and just spouting shite. Some folk on here revel in Rangers failing. It's astounding

I also agreed in a way. Stuff like the McCoist post you referenced are probably shite, but if you don't like it then disagree with it in a constructive way or don't post about it.

I disagree that people 'revel' in Rangers failing. No one here wants to see Rangers or any of their players struggle. However many people are just moany bastards, who have no other place to moan about it but this forum.

It's also quite ironic that this thread is complaining about the forum being 'pish', when infact the thread it's self is pish and having a big fucking moan for a change. Time spent on it could have been used much more constructively.

You see to be one of these people who cannot see any critisism of Rangers in the slightest. I suggest the forum is not a place for you to be hanging out since this is a place where discussions about Rangers FC happen and they aren't all positive. If you can't handle the issue or discuss it without throwing around insults then just fuck off.

Is we didn't play well on Saturday not a criticism ?

I seemed to have lasted ok on here , let's see how you get on :lol:

I also agreed in a way. Stuff like the McCoist post you referenced are probably shite, but if you don't like it then disagree with it in a constructive way or don't post about it.

I disagree that people 'revel' in Rangers failing. No one here wants to see Rangers or any of their players struggle. However many people are just moany bastards, who have no other place to moan about it but this forum.

It's also quite ironic that this thread is complaining about the forum being 'pish', when infact the thread it's self is pish and having a big fucking moan for a change. Time spent on it could have been used much more constructively.

Scottish people love moaning.

I always try to post constructively but when its idiotic stuff like 'Billy Brown being on Sportscene = proof of bias against Rangers' it's hard to take this forum seriously at points. And i disagree, i think there are plenty on here who post exclusively when we are struggling in a 'see, i told you so...' manner - happier about being right than Rangers winning

Generally, if you make a decent point on here that some troll cant agree with, they'll just go back to base tactics of 'you've got your head in the sand' - its pretty frustrating when trying to make a valid point and it gets nullified by utterly unconstructive shite like that. Anyway, must get out, god knows what will happen if we lose to Hearts, fucking pandemonium on here

Negative news tends to get discussed a lot more than positive news.

If we looked at the forum history for say the top 25 busiest days (outwith Old Firms, as good or bad there is always a lot of chat around these), I would say the day Jelavic signed and the 24hrs after Fiorentina are the only positive days that have a chance of being in that list. The rest would all generally be negative days.

Look on any discussion forum, negative news is more talked about, and likely to incite an opinion, than positive. It's human nature, and tends to give forums a negative bias.

Indeed things have being going well this month, with no real need for negativity, that coupled with the international break, the past 30 days have been the quietest on RM since last October.

Good point,however the point i think the OP is trying to make is that some people never have anything positive to say ,never heard from after a victory but the first to post a new topic when something go aray,slagging off players,management and any bear with anything positive to say calling them blinkered or superfans,

Negative news tends to get discussed a lot more than positive news.

If we looked at the forum history for say the top 25 busiest days (outwith Old Firms, as good or bad there is always a lot of chat around these), I would say the day Jelavic signed and the 24hrs after Fiorentina are the only positive days that have a chance of being in that list. The rest would all generally be negative days.

Look on any discussion forum, negative news is more talked about, and likely to incite an opinion, than positive. It's human nature, and tends to give forums a negative bias.

Indeed things have being going well this month, with no real need for negativity, that coupled with the international break, the past 30 days have been the quietest on RM since last October. By contrast, the transfer window disappointments, Malmo and Maribor, seen July/August being the busiest months in the sites history.

Like somebody said before, Scottish people love to moan

Good point,however the point i think the OP is trying to make is that some people never have anything positive to say ,never heard from after a victory but the first to post a new topic when something go aray,slagging off players,management and any bear with anything positive to say calling them blinkered or superfans,

Exactly what i am saying, what is the point of these people ?

I haven't seen one person argue we played well on saturday, not one.

To believe in a team that have dominated scottish football for three years and are now ten points clear is hardly blind faith...to believe celtic are good enough to topple us...now that's blind faith.

P.S. how do you know the stats from during the game for possesion...were you not at the game ?

Sorry for being Mr Pedantic but actually 7 points clear of Motherwell the team in second.

The thing that irritates me aswell is that, in the SPL, we've generally been very good and have only dropped 4 points. Yet a result happens like Saturdays, and it was, in a way, very unfortunate - daft missed chances and one slip with the last kick of the game, after the allotted injury time was up - and some are coming out with stats such as, 'at one point, St Mirren had 69% of possession' as if that's a summation of our SPL season as a whole. I'll agree we've been far from our best at ibrox, but I find it frustrating when 1 negative seems to override multiple positives