Bbc Protest

kplfishtank

I hope there will be no abusive four-letter chants directed at the BBC building or its inhabitants therein. I can guarantee that's what the BBC shower will be hoping for - PC Plod will be there in numbers and they'd love nothing better than to charge numerous protesters with BOTP and using foul and abusive language....with the 'sectarian' rider thrown in for good measure.

Don't give them the opportunity.

A silent protest with well-worded banners would be just as effective.

What's more important is that this demo is well-attended. A large number of Rangers fans (and any friends of Rangers you can bring along) will send out the message that we've had it with this lot. I'm sure their main rivals (STV) will send a camera crew along, so - BEHAVE.

Lastly - even if you can only make a 15-minute appearance - try to do so.

The more the merrier.

Exactly.

I think there will be a good number of people there about an hour or so before KO.

If each fan that attends steers away from sectarian singing and we have a dignified protest then we will have done ourselves, and the club, a power of good. Anything less than this will just give the BBC ammo.

I have a feeling that the fans will be under more scrutiny than is usual both before and during the game because of the protest.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sure one of the VB guys will pop into this thread and let us know what we are going to do to help them in this protest.

i will be there but if it rains im sending a letter from my dad saying ive been grounded.

There will be some more details soon....

Taken from VanguardBears:

Bears,

For those who don't have a banner for Saturday, I have designed a short, simple and effective banner that everyone can download and print out a copy for themselves, at home or the office. There are three files in PDF format arranged in three different sizes. The image is simply black on white, so any home printer can do the job using next to no ink.

Small A4 - Typical 'Office' Paper size (one sheet)

This is ideal for printing at home, no stress and no fuss Black and white using your home printer.

Download A4 version here

Medium A3 - Double the size of 'Office' Paper - Can be found in some places of work/local print shop

Again, black and white. If you work in an office, you may have access to one of these, if not you could try a local printer shop, it'll be soemthing like 50 pence to print one sheet, maybe even cheaper. PM me if you need help locating a print shop near you, I'm happy to phone up and get prices on anyone's behalf.

Download A3 version here

Large A2 - Four times the size of 'Office' Paper - Visit your local Tesco Store's photo department or local print shop

Black and white. This one is a large printout which you can get done at the Photo Developing section of any Tesco's, or a local print shop. Again, PM me if you need help locating a Tesco Photo or Print shop near you, I'm happy to phone up and get prices on anyone's behalf.

Download A2 version here

The Banner looks like this:

2dqtsf9.jpg

Cheers for the info schwantz.

Nice banner too, I'll be there.

Should anyone require directions re walking to it from central station feel free to drop me a pm as I can meet and show you the route, as I walk it anyway(y) FTBBC.