Time For Mcmillan To Step In

skinnymate1690

Take you back to your original post.

"The defence has lost 4 league goals all season. Why change such a successful back line unless through injury or suspension? "

If you want to continue and deflect away from that original post then feel free!

It doesn't deflect, it supports that post. Would you like it in capitals?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Templeton is the best young player in the league and has the ability to destroy every spl team on his day,he destroyed izzaguire every time he played him last year,and he supposed to be the best player in the country.lol .Mcmillan looks,a decent player but we would miss whittaker in an attacking sense.

It must be frustrating for the lad McMillan but hopefully he will get some game time this season to show what he can do when injuries and suspensions kick in.

I happen to agree with more or less all of your post and actually thought Whittaker played quite well today. His run for Naisy's goal was superb. :crabflute:

Whittakers a strange player. He's a good footballer, its just strange he's so bad at defending. He's good in the air, quick, skillfull, has a good shot and is a decent passer. But he gets raped time and time again, especially on his outside, and allows cross after cross into the box. Why, on a day that saw sasa papac start at left mid, is whittaker not played further forward? Hes better on the ball tyan papac, and has shown he can play a number of positions. I wouldnt have him out the team altogether, he was decent today, even if templeton done him a few times, and last week he had two last ditch tackles that saved the game for us. Whittakers starting to recieve the similar levels of critisism that we allow to players like mculloch, and for a spell, edu. Hes a far better player than mculloch, and is a world apart from his current understudy, kirk broadfoot. I agree, theres nothing wrong with giving mcmillan a chance, it could prove a good thing for him and whittaker, maybe thats what whittakers needs.

Still though, given our current defensive record, and looking at the goals we've conceded, like last week when broadfoot was strolling around the centre circle whilst david van zanten hugged the fuckin left touchline, its remarkable we're discussing making changes to our backline.

So for next week you would drop whittiker who played well today, has played well in a lot of games this season (don't get me wrong he'd had a couple poor ones) for McMillan who played well against Motherwell?

i would yes , i honestly dont think whittaker has played well in alot of games this season . 3 or 4 decent games maybe

and if your not playing well then someone else should be getting a chance who deserves it , even if they have only played a few games