Time For Mcmillan To Step In

skinnymate1690

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, I didn't see that photo. Looks like he's been doing some training this week according to his tweets. He posted this on Thursday too - "1st game back for me against corby on the 8th nov quite close to me so family can come watch as well !!".

Aye, definitely.

(tu)

It's not been the exact same 4 at the back in all those league games, two clean sheets occurred when Whittaker was not playing at hard venues.

Let's not forget we were lucky not to lose a goal against Aberdeen and Hearts today, and those close calls came from Whittaker's side.

Funnily enough the 7 domestic goals we have lost this season, Whittaker has been playing. Not had a good season and using clean sheets won't change my opinion. Celtic got much more clean sheets than us last season and we had the better defence.

Where are these 'hard venues' you speak of? He played at Tynecastle and Tannadice, which only leaves the likes of Parkhead, Pittodrie and, perhaps, Easter Road as "hard venues".

Celtic conceded less goals than us last season so, therefore, they had the best defence.

And if you can't use clean sheets to defend the defence wtf can you use?

Templeton is the best young player in the league and has the ability to destroy every spl team on his day,he destroyed izzaguire every time he played him last year,and he supposed to be the best player in the country.lol .Mcmillan looks,a decent player but we would miss whittaker in an attacking sense.

Are you claiming that ICT and St Johnstone are not difficult away venues?

Same ICT team that we dropped 4 points to last season and our only win was a struggling 1-0 victory at Ibrox? A club we seem to struggle against especially away? In-fact you're spot on, the club sitting fourth in the league table just now is shit and an easy venue to keep a clean sheet! Here was me thinking DU were badly struggling this season, sitting in 10th position and only two points from the bottom of the league and were down to ten men for most of the match and we still could have conceded that day.

Nobody will convince me that Celtic had a better back four than us last season, yes they conceded less goals but that can come down to many differing factors. A person who knows his football understands statistics are not a defining factor.

One key factor would include Celtic having more possession of the ball and refusing to allow teams to dominate the game. That was a negative trait for us last season and as soon as we went more attacking at the end of the season we started keeping more clean sheets.

Look at St Mirren, everybody has been talking up their attacking line-up and fantastic signings, yet have the joint poorest scoring return in the league, so going by 'stats' their attack must be pretty shit then and people are talking nonsense.

People like yourself are using clean sheets as the defining factor about the defence, without mentioning that it's not been that exact same back four throughout the season. Can't solely judge Whittaker's position in the starting eleven based on clean sheet stats.

Clean sheets ARE the defining factor for a defence. And goalkeeper for that matter.

Celtic conceded less goals, therefore their defence was better than ours was last season, I'm not even going to try and convince you on that one because it's fact. It's the equivalent of the Tims argument that they were the better team last season even though we won the league, it's factually incorrect.

And, no, I wouldn't regard ICT or St.Johnstone as being particularly tough away venues. I go there confident every time.

Fuck templeton, throwin himself doon and divin aboot like a scud book the bhastard, same as black a dirty back stabbin cheatin cunt ! :sherlock:

Ha ha ha. i wish you would stop sugar coating what you want to say.You've made my day believe it or not BD. i'm pissing myself laughing.

No Surrender

Rab

Clean sheets ARE the defining factor for a defence. And goalkeeper for that matter.

Celtic conceded less goals, therefore their defence was better than ours was last season, I'm not even going to try and convince you on that one because it's fact. It's the equivalent of the Tims argument that they were the better team last season even though we won the league, it's factually incorrect.

And, no, I wouldn't regard ICT or St.Johnstone as being particularly tough away venues. I go there confident every time.

Absolute horseshit.

So you will openly admit Fraser Foster was better than Alan McGregor because he kept more clean sheets!?

I'm not sure where I put forward the case for any individual being better than any other. My argument was based on the defence being a collective unit.

Therefore, it doesn't come into my argument that Majstorovic was/is better than Weir, Mulgrew or Loovens were better than Bougie because neither of these statements would be true but , as a collective unit they had a better record than we did.

I'm not sure where I put forward the case for any individual being better than any other. My argument was based on the defence being a collective unit.

Therefore, it doesn't come into my argument that Majstorovic was/is better than Weir, Mulgrew or Loovens were better than Bougie because neither of these statements would be true but , as a collective unit they had a better record than we did.

Nailed it with those two words. Celtic had a better defensive record as a collective unit i.e the whole team. This was clearly due to them pressing teams more and having better possession and also being a lot better in the center of midfield than we were last year. Their defence had real protection where as ours had McCulloch and a very poor Edu.

They didn't give teams the ball so generally teams didn't score against them. Their defence though was shit as was shown when we went and attacked them instead of sitting off. It was also shown when Motherwell and Caley also attacked them.

Spot on.

Something I alluded to previously, that good old saying you defend from the front. We played negative style formations last season and lost goals by showing teams too much respect, look at the run in with a straight attacking 4-4-2 and we kept more clean sheets.

Izaguirre's shocking games all came when he got attacked, those two games you mentioned. The cup final, 3-1 at Parkhead and when Templeton tore him apart.

My whole point from the beginning which was clear as day, is that stats don't tell the whole story and we have this clean sheet run as a collective unit and with many different players playing in the back four, not just Whittaker, Goian, Bocanegra and Papac.

Certainly see no reason why we can't keep the run going with a better defender, IMO, starting before Whittaker.

Our settled back four is Whittaker, Goian, Bocanegra and Papac. There have been very few occasions when it's been anything other than that unless it's been enforced.

I have no major issues with Whittaker playing just now but he has already fucked up a few times this year so any more silly sending offs or stupid decisions which result in conceding goals then he should be benched for a while. Its nothing personal.

We actually have some options now for RB so Whittaker should be made to realise he doesn't own that position and he has to earn it.

I have never felt entirely comfortable with Whittaker at RB but I can settle for him playing there just now.

That exact back four has played five games together and we have lost five goals.

As I stated which was FACT that you can't quite grasp is that it's not been those four in this run of conceding very few goals.

And what you can't quite grasp (note no melodramatics there) is that I didn't say it was. I said it was our settled back four. You don't think so I take it?