An Emergency Striker?...

Blue Atheist

Would like to see Fleck given a run up front!

Is he good enough? No.

Could he be good enough? Fuck aye.

Would he better than sticking the useless David Healy up front? YES! lol

I've been thinking about this for a while and i think if anything happens to Jela or Laff we should go 4-5-1 with Wylde and Mckay out on the wings. Not ideal but..

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would he better than sticking the useless David Healy up front? YES! lol

I've been thinking about this for a while and i think if anything happens to Jela or Laff we should go 4-5-1 with Wylde and Mckay out on the wings. Not ideal but..

I'd rather have Fleck up front than play 4-5-1 every week, it's brutal seeing that.

It wasnt just a late offer, it was too late. His mind was made up and even if we matched the asking offer, which we were never going to do, he wouldnt have come back. That one was never a go-er, almost like the Goodwillie deal we pursued.

"When contact was finally made with Rangers it was impossible for me to turn my back on Cardiff."

"I'd given my word to Malky and I wasn't going back on that. It would have been a slap in the face to him, we were too far down the line."

Up until now? We are not even half way through the season. So much time and games still to go.

Its strange that we didnt try harder to get a striker in when all the other deals collapsed and everyone to a man knew we needed one.

There were patterns emerging as we were being knocked out of European competitions, bids were being withdrawn and we were going for cheaper targets, maybe our Euro exits had something to do with not getting the striker in we needed. In fact it most probably did.

Sorry for the late reply mate, not had a chance to get on since last night.

I take what your sayin, the bid for miller was too late, no doubt about that, but we still made an attempt, so we didnt just stop looking when we lost out on our two main targets upfront. But we could have went down the tim route, how many strikers do they have? 4? all bar one are gash, we didnt need to sign anyone unless they were going to come straight in and challenge our 3 main forwards.

Again,your right, we're nt even half way through the season, but its already almost sewn up. 12 games in, 12 points clear and imo it'll be 14 by sunday.

What bids did we withdraw? Im pretty much certain our targets were effected when we got fucked outa europe. But surely thats to be expected?

Sorry for the late reply mate, not had a chance to get on since last night.

I take what your sayin, the bid for miller was too late, no doubt about that, but we still made an attempt, so we didnt just stop looking when we lost out on our two main targets upfront. But we could have went down the tim route, how many strikers do they have? 4? all bar one are gash, we didnt need to sign anyone unless they were going to come straight in and challenge our 3 main forwards.

Again,your right, we're nt even half way through the season, but its already almost sewn up. 12 games in, 12 points clear and imo it'll be 14 by sunday.

What bids did we withdraw? Im pretty much certain our targets were effected when we got fucked outa europe. But surely thats to be expected?

No probs mate. (tu)

The Miller thing was never in the pipeline, sure Ally always said he liked him but he wasnt a scouted target or prolonged interest with negotiations, it was an off the cuff, hasty and rushed bid when it was too late and we had no chance of getting him. Imo a team can never have too many strikers.

Hemed and Goodwillie were never going to warm our bench though, they were going to come in and expect to play and challenge for that striking position next to Jela. It was widly accepted that we badly needed a striker in the window, we got David Healy.

14 would be a dream come true mate. :)(tu)

Cuellar mate. Absolutely and that is exactly what i said when the bids for the expensive targets were withdrawn and replaced with much cheaper options. The Euro exit had a huge effect on our spending, i never bought into the £5m injection of cash no strings attached. Whyte is no sugar daddy and we cant afford to spend without European money.

(tu)

We badly need a third quality striker. I suspect we will sign this Sise lad that is on trial. I hope he is good enough. Hemmings needs to get a chance too when fit.

Healy and fleck just wont do as strikers.

I hope McKay gets a chance to fill in for Naisy and that we play with both Lafferty and Jelavic up front.

We badly need a third quality striker. I suspect we will sign this Sise lad that is on trial. I hope he is good enough. Hemmings needs to get a chance too when fit.

Healy and fleck just wont do as strikers.

I hope McKay gets a chance to fill in for Naisy and that we play with both Lafferty and Jelavic up front.

Sise Was getting a bounce game i think today was he not?

Yeah sisse was in a bounce game today mate. This lad is supposed to be a Rising Star in Sweden . But so did Bedoya and i have yet to see him never mind his Talent .

This will prompt McCoist to buy a decent Striker in january as the 4th Title is in sight at the moment . Jordan Rhodes could be a Target from Huddersfield ...

Fleck could be something for us if he gets a run in the team at Striker i think he will bag goals for us .

Yeah sisse was in a bounce game today mate. This lad is supposed to be a Rising Star in Sweden . But so did Bedoya and i have yet to see him never mind his Talent .

This will prompt McCoist to buy a decent Striker in january as the 4th Title is in sight at the moment . Jordan Rhodes could be a Target from Huddersfield ...

Fleck could be something for us if he gets a run in the team at Striker i think he will bag goals for us .

:lol:

Jordan Rhodes could be a Target from Huddersfield ...

That boat has long since left the harbour and sailed into the sunset. He's off to a top level premiership side in January for x times the wage we could offer and x times the fee we would/could pay.

I'd like us to try get Johnny Russell or someone similar. (Small, wiry, pacey fucker who can finish). Unlikely I know as Utd won't make it easy but someone of that vein.

:lol:

No Lauging matter mate you never know . If a move was made he would be a cheap move and a move that could be possible . League 1 Player to club like gers . And he is a Decent Player scoring Goals down there at Huddersfield . . Gary Hooper no-one heard of him before he signed for the Manky Mob and to be honest he done Ok in scotland scored some Goals .All im saying is its a move that could be on the cards as its Cheap , Player on Form , Young Lad ,

George Boyd would be another i like to see aswell. If we replace Naismith i do think it will be a Loan Deal if any but Permanant Move would be more Beneficial to us .

No Lauging matter mate you never know . If a move was made he would be a cheap move and a move that could be possible . League 1 Player to club like gers . And he is a Decent Player scoring Goals down there at Huddersfield . . Gary Hooper no-one heard of him before he signed for the Manky Mob and to be honest he done Ok in scotland scored some Goals .All im saying is its a move that could be on the cards as its Cheap , Player on Form , Young Lad ,

George Boyd would be another i like to see aswell. If we replace Naismith i do think it will be a Loan Deal if any but Permanant Move would be more Beneficial to us .

Cheap, Really? <cr>

Its laughable to think we could sign anybody in January never mind one of the hottest striking sensations in Britain right now. He wont be a cheap move, Lee Clark his gaffer is not daft. His club withdrew from talks with Palace as they knew they could get a higher fee and bigger club interested, that wont be us im afraid.

Pooper cost £2.5m, not cheap.

All i am saying is its a move which will not be on the cards.

Posh wouldnt loan out Boyd and only a few years back they wanted £5m for him, we couldnt even afford a quarter of that now.

Lets get real mate, we will be lucky to get anyone in in January and even then we wont be paying fees unless we sell a big player for a large sum and i mean large. We have a short fall to make up and you dont do that by spending more money. Selling is more realistic than buying in January.

Its laughable to think we could sign anybody in January never mind one of the hottest striking sensations in Britain right now. He wont be a cheap move, Lee Clark his gaffer is not daft. His club withdrew from talks with Palace as they knew they could get a higher fee and bigger club interested, that wont be us im afraid.

Pooper cost £2.5m, not cheap.

All i am saying is its a move which will not be on the cards.

Posh wouldnt loan out Boyd and only a few years back they wanted £5m for him, we couldnt even afford a quarter of that now.

Lets get real mate, we will be lucky to get anyone in in January and even then we wont be paying fees unless we sell a big player for a large sum and i mean large. We have a short fall to make up and you dont do that by spending more money. Selling is more realistic than buying in January.

I see your point now mate with the spending situation but i was stay with a positive mind well try to at least . 2.5 Million is a lot of cash to us at the moment but its cheap for a striker expecially in the British Market . If Huddersfield would sell him i rekon in the region of 3 million ... I do think it would cost Rangers more not to buy a striker and get shot of the weaker members in squad ie Healy , Broadfoot and recoup some monies back and try and get someone in as we could lose league if we dont . Not many seasons we would say we have 1 hand on the spl title 13 games into season . That worth more with auto Chamoipns League etc ( If Tax doesnt stings us )But all the same mate i do se where you are coming from in another light .

I see your point now mate with the spending situation but i was stay with a positive mind well try to at least . 2.5 Million is a lot of cash to us at the moment but its cheap for a striker expecially in the British Market . If Huddersfield would sell him i rekon in the region of 3 million ... I do think it would cost Rangers more not to buy a striker and get shot of the weaker members in squad ie Healy , Broadfoot and recoup some monies back and try and get someone in as we could lose league if we dont . Not many seasons we would say we have 1 hand on the spl title 13 games into season . That worth more with auto Chamoipns League etc ( If Tax doesnt stings us )But all the same mate i do se where you are coming from in another light .

League 1 or not... Huddersfield will want and probably get £4m + for Rhodes.

Its not auto Champs League mate, we will have to qualify again apparantly. So even winning the league will not guarantee greater riches. We need to go through another Malmo! :(

Its not auto Champs League mate, we will have to qualify again apparantly. So even winning the league will not guarantee greater riches. We need to go through another Malmo! :(

Yeah your correct on that it must have changed as auto entry was a choice .

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=10503

You have to wonder what chance we have got when the Champions League doesnt hold the Countries Champions and Teams like Tottenham , Man City , Arsenal , Liverpool , Borrusia Dortmund etc who havent won the league in there Country in at least 10 yrs + .

League 1 or not... Huddersfield will want and probably get £4m + for Rhodes.

No doubt mate they would want that but i would'nt say they will get it as the lad might be on fire but team will question if he can cut it in Bigger+Better Leagues and Competitions ie Europa League Premiership etc etc that if the team is in they tournie's . 4m max mate that my opinions tho.