Plan to avoid Administration

sq1873

Murray had us owing £60-80m debt

If the tax bill is £25-50m debt and we are talking about administration...

Why didn't we go into administration before with a higher debt ?

Our wage bill and expenditure is no where near what it was either

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because most of that £80M was infact owed to murray?

1. No they don't.

2. This idea is suggested time and time again and it just wouldn't happen. Not enough fans willing to pay enough money, no trust(geddit)worthy vehicle for the transfer of funds. What happens if we do that, then the owner decides, "ok, let's spend like mad again, the fans will bail us out if it all goes wrong..."

Yea winners this year qualify automatically for the CL Because rangers beating Sporting Lisbon last season. The season after this one though is when this seasons failure takes effect and it takes 2 qualifying rounds

because mih was a rich company and dm was a very rich man who had unlimited credit with the bank at that point in time

If we lose the tax case, is it definite that Rangers would have to pay £49M, or is it possible that HMRC would settle for a more payable amount, seeing as a £49M bill would see us go into administration with HMRC receiving no money?

That, I think, represents the huge gamble, besides an EBT win precedent, that this case is for HMRC. Do they want the best deal for the tax payer, considering we must pay millions in tax directly and indirectly, without considering all the taxable spending made by 45,000+ fans travelling across the country from all parts, consuming food, drink and transport 25 times a year? It's a helluva gamble if they lose.

Or do they want a very public statement to scare everyone else into settling? Morally, legally and professionally, they should go for the more balanced, moderate, co-operative, productive route. They are meant to be a service to the UK government and therefore the people. Fairness, balance and good sense should be given to all.

If we lose the tax case, is it definite that Rangers would have to pay £49M, or is it possible that HMRC would settle for a more payable amount, seeing as a £49M bill would see us go into administration with HMRC receiving no money?

I agree with this also.

if we only got to 48M and the admin team walks in the its all down the swanny.

the money would have to be held in a seperate company till a target and assurance is gained.

even then if it goes tits up, refunding this money or then investing it in rangers would become a nightmare.

giving money blindly to the club is admirable, but totaly un workable in any sense.

we cant just stand outside shaking a can and expect to get 1M never mind 49M

our last major cash raising share scheme flopped big time and anyone who has shares in rangers has seen the price diluted dramaticaly.

I know none of but shares in rangers thinking its going to make us all rich people when we sell them, but at least getting what you paid for them would be a bonus.

this is what stops our shares trading in any vast numbers by investors.

If we were to lose the tax case the question we would need answered is how big a bill would we be able to continue to trade with.

For example if the principle amount was circa £25m and penalties were not imposed would we avoid administration? i.e. by doing a sale and lease back on the stadium.

As a season ticket holder i would rather pay an additional premium of say £100 per season on top of season ticket price for say 5 seasons (in exchange for shares) and still be able to watch a team worthy of wearing a Rangers jersey.

E

250,000 went to Manchester and not many would have any change from £200 for the day or two spent there.

If the same number were willing to pay that same price to own part of Rangers, then it would raise £50m.

There must be another couple of hundred thousand bears ontop of that worldwide ,say only half are interested but some are willing to more than say 200quid,probably wouldnt raise 49mill but it could make a dent in it and save us from the embarrassment of administration

From what i understand, HMRC main goal is to actually win the case, they would more than likely agree to a smaller fee if we couldn't pay up a large sum like 49million and would indeed be willing to settle.

HMRC don't want businesses to go into adminstration, they want the complete opposite.

Football clubs are alot different from your everyday business, they will look at Rangers circumstances: 45k+ paying Season ticket holders, merchandise etc. and determine how much of a tax bill we could afford whilst doing minimum damage and making sure we are afloat. They will also take into consideration the losses of other bodies and business if we ceased to be and determine the best solution for everyone.

I personally think we will win the case but im also prepairing for the worst case scenario. If we lose? I think the only thing that will happen is a bill of maybe 15-20mil and a dent in our pride. I highly doubt we will have to change names, infact id put money on us not being force to change names.

Don't worry about what the Jhurnos write, they are just trying to sell papers. Whos gonna buy a daily rebel with the headline "Jamie Murphy discusses what he had for breakfast" when the sun has the headline "RANGERS TAX 50MILLION DEBT+25POINT DEDUCTION" It's all sensationalism to sell their shit papers, Rangers fans will buy them because they want to find out whats happening and the scum will buy them to wank oor.

What amuses me is the amount of people that want to see Rangers go bust. You can gurantee that scums highest attendances this year will be against us. Celtic will actually lose money if we went defucnt. They would have no chances of getting into England and the TV contracts would be even worse (scum vs dunfermline anyone?).

I suppose Murray had more quams about doing it because he was the one who caused it where as Whyte can just say he's clearing up someone elses mess.

If we had went into administration when the debt was 82 million could this tax issue still had came up now or would that all have been wiped?

us and celtic are probably the two most blue collar football clubs in Britain . this is a working class city , there has been a recession on . the club should be thankful that gates have remained so high through it all, thats a testiment to the rangers support, but of you think we are going to raise 50 million odd than you are living in a fantasy world. "this is glesga , no monaco ."

Yea winners this year qualify automatically for the CL Because rangers beating Sporting Lisbon last season. The season after this one though is when this seasons failure takes effect and it takes 2 qualifying rounds

It's not automatic qualification for the winners this season, when we beat Sporting it just gave Scotland 2 places in the CL again, after only having one this season, both Rangers and Motherwell will have to go through the qualifying stages though.

From what i understand, HMRC main goal is to actually win the case, they would more than likely agree to a smaller fee if we couldn't pay up a large sum like 49million and would indeed be willing to settle.

HMRC don't want businesses to go into adminstration, they want the complete opposite.

Football clubs are alot different from your everyday business, they will look at Rangers circumstances: 45k+ paying Season ticket holders, merchandise etc. and determine how much of a tax bill we could afford whilst doing minimum damage and making sure we are afloat. They will also take into consideration the losses of other bodies and business if we ceased to be and determine the best solution for everyone.

I personally think we will win the case but im also prepairing for the worst case scenario. If we lose? I think the only thing that will happen is a bill of maybe 15-20mil and a dent in our pride. I highly doubt we will have to change names, infact id put money on us not being force to change names.

Don't worry about what the Jhurnos write, they are just trying to sell papers. Whos gonna buy a daily rebel with the headline "Jamie Murphy discusses what he had for breakfast" when the sun has the headline "RANGERS TAX 50MILLION DEBT+25POINT DEDUCTION" It's all sensationalism to sell their shit papers, Rangers fans will buy them because they want to find out whats happening and the scum will buy them to wank oor.

What amuses me is the amount of people that want to see Rangers go bust. You can gurantee that scums highest attendances this year will be against us. Celtic will actually lose money if we went defucnt. They would have no chances of getting into England and the TV contracts would be even worse (scum vs dunfermline anyone?).

sensationalist posting there?

worse than the Jhurno's you talk about.

might only be an opinion, but what are you basing this on? IIRC the initial tax bill avoided is higher than this.

plus HMRC couldnt care less about Rangers or any other business our size for that matter!