Top Posters In This Topic

I hate people talking about giving 110% because you simply can't give 110%

honestly with some managers you would think they were talking to children

right c'mon lads 110% today

you take their word for gospel

imagine a schoolteacher coming out with that pish

when foreigners describe man utd simply as 'manchester' or us as 'glasgow'

when rangers fans say we were founded in 1872

when black players do a silly dance when they score (except the brilliant roger miller)

What can I say? I'm a top angler. :broadfoot:

I don't think calling one of our best players a diving, two-footed lunger and whining bastard is going to be excused by making shitey claims to be 'fishing'.

As I said - jog on. You'll no be here much longer anyway.

Naismith maybe does whine alot but he isnt a "diver" or "two-footed lunger"

Dont know why anyone would even post pish like that!! :wanker:

I think we can guess why without too much difficulty.

Here's the same poster on his love for Paddy McCourt.

He's a terrific player in all honesty. We'd all cream ourselves if Messi pulled some of the goals he has.

He always comes across as a decent enough guy in interviews too. I don't get the hate for him. <cr>

herefishyfishy

Where's admin?

players getting booked for taking their shirt off when celebrating a goal

players that dont get booked for diving when they dont get a penalty

goalkeepers having to take the goal kick from the side it went out of play

I don't think calling one of our best players a diving, two-footed lunger and whining bastard is going to be excused by making shitey claims to be 'fishing'.

As I said - jog on. You'll no be here much longer anyway.

You're just the gift that keeps on giving. :lol:

I'll give ye a hint before ye get tampon in a twist cupcake. White text.

When people complain about other teams style of play. So what!

Annoys me for other teams but i remember we hounded Man Utd last season in the Champs League and all the Man Utd fanboys (Another thing that right pisses me off, which im gonna get back to) were complaining that we were anti-football. They bought a homeless Portuguese man for £8 million in the summer. One player of there team costs double our whole team cost to build. Of course wer gonna set out to defend because if we attack, chances are wer gonna get pumped. Honestly grinds my gears no end when folk talk about our style of play in Europe. It actually seems to work (some of the time, haha)

Back to Man Utd fanboys. Its a huge thing wrong with Scottish football culture when a Scots number one team is from another country, and all they do is watch them in games against the top 4 or in the champs league...fucking grates on my tits...theres a growing number of Man City fans coming round. I work in a pub and theres a significant rise in the number of man city fans screaming with joy when they score....where did they come from!? :disappointment:

I could have sworn this myth was already cleared up in this thread...

It's only a myth in certain circumstances.

Sometimes shielding the ball out is perfectly legal, sometimes it is not: it depends on how it is done.

According to the guide for referees:

Shielding the ball is permitted. A player who places himself between an opponent and the ball for tactical reasons has not committed an offense as long as the ball is kept in playing distance and the player does not hold off the opponent with his arms or body. If the ball is within playing distance, the player may be fairly charged by an opponent.

I think the problem is that referees never apply the second part of the guidance, and punish "holding" as opposed to "shielding" if the defender uses his arms or body to physically push the attacker away, which pisses people off.

Anyway, I hate the stupid digital boards for substitutions. By the time you see them at an angle that lets you read them, the fella is already on the pitch and his name has been called out. Load of faffing around nonsense.