***The Official Champions vs St Johnstone Thread***

loch71

We were winning games M8, so depends on your definition, as far as I'm concerned winning means on fire wether good or not 3 points is 3 points.

Today was a damp squib :disappointment:

We have been out-possessed, out-passed, and out-played for weeks. We had been getting 3 points, but to say we were on fire is a stretch. I can't remember the last time i watched us and felt completly confident in a victory.

Davis is our most creative player yet every time we started going forward he didn't care.

Don't know how many times I saw him in our box then just walk out everytime we got moving. He should be 3rd furthest man forward linking the ball between midfield and strikers, not between goalkeeper and defence!

The lad may have a point, about International football.

Cast your mind back to the last time Internationals were on... we drew 1-1 with St. Mirren at Ibrox. This time around we have drawn 0-0 with St. Johnstone at Ibrox. After we drew with St. Mirren we won our next game fairly easily. Next week I wouldn't be surprised if we put 3-4 past Kilmarnock.

i think its ibrox is the problem . when we play away every fan gets behind the team with a great atmosphere . at ibrox it is silence until a rangers player does something wrong . with the fans on there back at home they cant seem to deal with it. thats no excuse for the players they know if you sign for rangers your expected to play well and win every game at ibrox .

the pressure at rangers is high . your top of the table . you have won every away game . you havent lost a game for a very long time . but you still get booed

Most over-rated player in the squad is our Captain, certainly on RM anyway. Plays the invisible man role far too often, although it always seems to be the fault of whoever he is playing with in midfield, be it Edu, McCulloch or anyone else.

I get so frustrated with him because on his day he is superb but far too often this season he has just disappeared on the park.

Hope Ness is fit so we can put Davis to right mid. Don't like the look of Bedoya either. Seems like a less talented Novo and that just about says it all.

Fleck deserves a fair chance as well.

The whole team was pish barring Shagger and Bocanegra.

Add something to it like your opinion or stop being a tool.

another great fan of the gers...

think we are only TOTL cause Celt*c are shite?

granted we have had some bad performances, but credit where credit is due, Ally is doing all he can with what he's got.

WE are in control of our destiny regardless of what that mob do, pity you canr feel or see that for yourself

we are always piss poor after an international break :disappointment:

Fans got their wish of no league cup midweek games, they got their wish of no European midweek fixtures, what do fans want now? A banning of international football? Fixtures and plenty of them are part and parcel of the game and the best players and the best teams take them in their stride, get on with it and dont complain or make excuses. 666 FC had the much harder fixture today and after an international break too, didnt bother them one bit.

4 CMS, 2 right sided full backs, Laffety being his usual pish self.

What was ally thinking with the tactics, and booting the ball away every time we get a touch, come on, were not a fuckign Division 2 side

Let's be fair, now. Before the match everyone was delighted with the selection and at the start of the match it was the best we had.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Davis hasn't stamped his authority on a game for weeks. And Edu just goes through stages of being less shit than usual. He was back to his old self today.

Our only tactic today was give the ball to Broadfoot, let him cut inside and launch a long ball in the general direction of the strikers. It was embarrassing. And to be dominated on the possession stats at home against St Johnstone is truly dreadful. They are just a hard-working team, no more than that.

Its not the first and wont be the last time our midfield is shown up by mediocre opposition. It actually happens more often than not despite our impressive league position. If it wasnt for Jelavic and McGregor i would dread to think where we would be.

Fans got their wish of no league cup midweek games, they got their wish of no European midweek fixtures, what do fans want now? A banning of international football? Fixtures and plenty of them are part and parcel of the game and the best players and the best teams take them in their stride, get on with it and dont complain or make excuses. 666 FC had the much harder fixture today and after an international break too, didnt bother them one bit.

Must have been hell for them against a ten man bottom placed side.10310.gif Agree that blaming the international break just sounds weak though, we're just a bit out of sorts since Naisy's injury and that will have to be dealt with sooner rather than later.