Time to bring back the National Anthem

Carsons Dog

Going on how this thread is going I would presume being British is more to do with state of mind rather than a historical technicality. ie. Passport. I just don't feel British. Never have. Never will. Should I take a class or something?? Maybe 2 hours of extreme Ludovico Technique showing continual images of Vera Lynn, the Dambusters, Churchill, The Queen, Big Ben and stuff like that?

What makes you feel Scottish?

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're British whether you like it or not. :D

I think you might also overstate the case for those who have "no time for Monarchy". Millions in this country grew up with our Queen as head of state, and are at a minimum, very fond of her. Plenty are downright enthusiastic.

This pointless technicality obviously brings people like you great joy for some unknown reason. As you probably know better than most, being british is surely more than owning a passport. No?

What makes you feel Scottish?

Not sure TBH.... It might have something to do with me being born in Glasgow, a large city in Scotland. Might have something to do with the fact that I was educated in Scotland. It might have something to do with having lived most of my life in Scotland? Might have something to do with my parents and grandparents being Scottish and bringing up in a traditional Glaswegian (ie. Scottih) household and passing down traditional everyday aspects of Scottish culture. Might be something to do with the fact that I enjoy unique things that are associated with my country: The music, the wildlife, the drink, the pubs, the amazing countryside, the people, the golf...

Not sure TBH.... It might have something to do with me being born in Glasgow, a large city in Scotland. Might have something to do with the fact that I was educated in Scotland. It might have something to do with having lived most of my life in Scotland? Might have something to do with my parents and grandparents being Scottish and bringing up in a traditional Glaswegian (ie. Scottih) household and passing down traditional everyday aspects of Scottish culture. Might be something to do with the fact that I enjoy unique things that are associated with my country: The music, the wildlife, the drink, the pubs, the amazing countryside, the people, the golf...

That's all British stuff.

I was brought up in Glasgow in one of the toughest housing schemes where people were proud to be British apart from some of the manky mob.

I was brought up in Glasgow in one of the toughest housing schemes where people were proud to be British apart from some of the manky mob.

Good luck with that mate. That's your story, not mine. Where I was born, educated and raised people regarded themselves as Scottish and were always proud of this. Britain was only a wee flag we fluttered when The Olympics came around every 4 years. Nothing else

Good luck with that mate. That's your story, not mine. Where I was born, educated and raised people regarded themselves as Scottish and were always proud of this. Britain was only a wee flag we fluttered when The Olympics came around every 4 years. Nothing else

Do you still stay in Auchtermuchty?

I was born in and raised in Govan mate. Do you know that place where Rangers play?

I ran about Ibrox with a crowd from Govan and Ibrox in the 80s, drank in the pubs on the PRW with them for years, and they were all proud to be British. Are you hanging about with the republican filth?

I ran about Ibrox with a crowd from Govan and Ibrox in the 80s, drank in the pubs on the PRW with them for years, and they were all proud to be British. Are you hanging about with the republican filth?

Republican filth? Ok you know a few people in that area and they are the barrometer for the entire population of greater Govan? You seem keen to catogorize people into black and white opposites with zero grey areas in between mate. You world view must be a bleek one indeed

Longshanks shouldve done away with those rebel bastards a long time ago. There is no place in Scotland for nationalists. I would abolish the word Scotland and replace it with Northern Britain. 'Give Northern Britain back to the British' will be the cry should we be tain over by the SNP.