Time to bring back the National Anthem

Carsons Dog

I'm old enough to remember God Save the Queen being played every night on the TV at the conclusion of that days broadcasts. (no 24 hour stuff then)

Also when you went to the cinema it was played after the film and everyone stood to attention. (no subway loyal at the flicks)

In the USA they play their National Anthem prior to all sporting events from school age upwards and everyone stands and respects the flag of their country, in fact it is a great unifying influence there.

I suggest The Rangers now adopt a policy whereby both teams and supporters stand for The Queen before every game at Ibrox.

Who could possibly object to such a noble, unifying gesture?

I'm e-mailing them now.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

will never work im afraid. I wish we were more patriotic, but with the amount of irish catholics and the cancer of scotland that is Celtic drilling republicanism and sectarianism into their support, there will be no such progress.

will never work im afraid. I wish we were more patriotic, but with the amount of irish catholics and the cancer of scotland that is Celtic drilling republicanism and sectarianism into their support, there will be no such progress.

Theres nothing stopping us from doing it at Ibrox though.

I'm old enough to remember God Save the Queen being played every night on the TV at the conclusion of that days broadcasts. (no 24 hour stuff then)

Also when you went to the cinema it was played after the film and everyone stood to attention. (no subway loyal at the flicks)

In the USA they play their National Anthem prior to all sporting events from school age upwards and everyone stands and respects the flag of their country, in fact it is a great unifying influence there.

I suggest The Rangers now adopt a policy whereby both teams and supporters stand for The Queen before every game at Ibrox.

Who could possibly object to such a noble, unifying gesture?

I'm e-mailing them now.

Using our National Anthem to point score :disappointment:

Bring back the 4th verse

:lol: - I assume you are not Scots by birth. You seem to have difficulty distinguishing between Scots/English and British. I am Scots, therefore British, the "4th" verse is an english POV, and they are also British.

... also looked it up on Wikipedia and seemingly there was an alternate 4th verse as well

God bless the prince, I pray, God bless the prince, I pray, Charlie I mean; That Scotland we may see Freed from vile Presbyt'ry, Both George and his Feckie, Ever so, Amen.

:lol: :lol:

I dont agree that it is pointscoring. They do the same here in the Faroe islands. Every night on the radio, etc. How is it pointscoring?

You have to take his post in the context of all the other shite he posts.

If you said white was white and black was black he would call you a racist.

Most of Scotland is quite patriotic, not to Britain but to Scotland.

The reason this wouldn't work is the opposition to Scotland being part of Britain throughout the country.

:lol: - I assume you are not Scots by birth. You seem to have difficulty distinguishing between Scots/English and British. I am Scots, therefore British, the "4th" verse is an english POV, and they are also British.

... also looked it up on Wikipedia and seemingly there was an alternate 4th verse as well

God bless the prince, I pray,

God bless the prince, I pray,

Charlie I mean;

That Scotland we may see Freed from vile Presbyt'ry,

Both George and his Feckie,

Ever so, Amen.

:lol: :lol:

Take it you are unaware as to whose statue adorns George Sq. As a freeman of Glasgow for beating that jacobite bastard at culloden. Three day public holiday Glasgow decreed for those rebellious bastards.

So my jacobite loving friend think back to how was on whose side.

You might suggest that. But that might not be his motive.. Perhaps he would like it for the love of his country rather than the hate for 'them'?

Ignore him - he's a fuckwit.

The idea was put in my head by a recent visit to the States where it is done all the time and I witnessed it first hand.

I don't see the problem with Rangers doing it, why should we worry about what anyone else thinks?

Ignore him - he's a fuckwit.

The idea was put in my head by a recent visit to the States where it is done all the time and I witnessed it first hand.

I don't see the problem with Rangers doing it, why should we worry about what anyone else thinks?

I tend to agree with you. I come from a country that is proud of who they are. These things are normal here.. It really is baffling to someone like me to see how things like the National Anthem and the Union Flag are demonised IN ITS OWN COUNTRY!! When i tell people about this, the dont believe me!

Be proud of who you are!!!!

WE ARE THE PEOPLE!

It MIGHT be - I doubt it tho'

Well, how about giving him the benefit of the doubt? Have a more positive outlook on life!

He has since his opening post suggested, that, it was when he went over to the States that he 'came across this' and he liked the feeling of unity and what not. Clearly supports my theory!