Rangers TV

Spacecowboy

Gave my young sister and her pal my ticket for today as it was her birthday mid week and she's not been in a while.

(and her pals dsd is a mhank and I've all just about got his daughter supporting the bears!! :uk:)

So I'm watching on the cough.

That commentator for Rangers TV is comedy gold. Only really seen him a few times, but every time I watch he cracks me up.

Matt McKay - the bush Rangers :D

not his best one but made me smile.

anyone else have any fav's that they can remember?

There's The Kirkintilloch Express as well (Wylde)

Beats listening to the idiots on BBC Radio!

I've been saying for years we should have a biased form of commentry for the bears. (one for every team in that fact)

like rangers radio. I know we have the TV, but you can only get that through coughs and abroad.

I think with the advances in digital radio we should have a radio station (internet based) which means you can listen in the ground as well as any where in the world when the games are on.

could you imagine having 2 commentators on the radio ie. one rangers supporter and one celt*x for example, giving each other some stick as the game is played (all within the law obviously) or a truely one sided look at the game?

I think it would catch on as alot of people listen to the radio at the match, more when its a saturday and they listen to the other results ans info coming in (usualy for coupon reasons!!)

Also liked the fact that he gave St Johnstone credit where it was due, and talked about what they were doing well.

Compare that with Burley on ESPN:

"I'd like to see Septic getting at them more" "I'd like to see Septic using more width" "I'd like to see Septic scoring more goals"

"Who are Septic playing again?"

You'd never guess which channel was the impartial one, and which one the partisan !!!

rant over.

• 3 years later...

The reason I cocked up and posted in this thread is I was looking for the name of the Rangers TV commentator. He's good when he actually commentates but he really pisses me off when he starts rambling on about some irrelevance and when he starts asking his guests stupid questions rather than concentrate on the game. Saying that, Peter the Great was head and shoulders above Smith, last week's guest, and at least made some points worth listening to.