Bounce game today - Aluko and Ness to start

loch71

I've just heard that there is a bounce game today at St. Mirren in which Sone Aluko will play for the Gers. Wylde, McCulloch and more importantly Jamie Ness will also feature.

I really hope the wee guy impresses and we take a chance on him. BTW are there any updates on the compensation claims by Aberdeen?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They also only paid £50,000 for him too.

They haven't developed him to the point where he is four times the player they signed.

Normally I'd be against Whyte taking another thing to a court setting, but if spending £200k in legal fees meant we didn't have to pay the mutton molesters £180k, that'd be a brilliant victory I'd be all in favour of.

I assume this is all because the Sheep still hold his registration or are they trying to say they brought him through their ranks and are entitled to compensation?

The rule is for clubs that have nurtured a young player to gain compensation for him being lured away to a bigger club. Now Aluko was a loan signing then purchased for £50k as a bona fide 1st team player.

The fact that Brown has said that they will not be hard to deal with , sheds light in that they know they are hiding to nothing.

SONE ALUKO took a step closer to landing a deal with Rangers this afternoon as he scored in a 3-1 closed-doors win over St Mirren in Paisley.

The former Aberdeen winger had his trial with the club extended at the end of last week after he impressed in training at Murray Park.

And watching manager Ally McCoist looked impressed as the Nigerian international tormented the Buddies with a solid display at Greenhill Road.

Aluko played all bar the last few minutes of the friendly before he was replaced by defender Darren Cole.

And it seems McCoist now has plenty of food for thought as he contemplates bringing the 22-year-old into his squad on a permanent basis.

He is seeking a new face after Steven Naismith suffered cruciate knee ligament damage in a match against the Dons at Pittodrie last month.

Aluko has been identified as a possible solution for the right midfield slot which has since been left vacant and he appears to have done all he keen to show he's worth keeping.

John Fleck, so impressive in the reserve team's recent 6-0 win at Corby Town, grabbed the opening goal.

But although Saints levelled through Joe McKee, Aluko made his mark to make it 2-1 to Gers at the midway point.

Fleck then sealed victory for the visitors in the closing stages of the match when he slid in a penalty after Salim Kerkar was brought down in the box.

RANGERS: Gallacher, Ortiz, McMillan, Perry (Hegarty), Kerkar, Aluko (Cole), Bendiksen, McCulloch (Mitchell), Wylde, Hemmings, Fleck.