Jerry Bengston & Scott Allan & Sone Aluko

julescotia

RANGERS are hot on the trail of Honduran striker Jerry Bengtson.

And boss Ally McCoist is also poised to step up his move for Dundee United kid Scott Allan.

Prolific Motagua star Bengtson is a close pal of Celtic ace Emilio Izaguirre and is on the Ibrox radar.

Gers will need a new striker if Leicester City land Nikica Jelavic in the January transfer window.

Bengtson, 24, has also been watched by Norwegian cracks Rosenborg after hitting eight goals in his 20 caps.

But Gers are keen on a first-hand look at the frontman.

He's rated in the £2.5million category, but Gers could have cash to spend if top scorer Jela is flogged for £7.5m.

Scotland Under-21 ace Allan could sign for a compensation fee of around £300,000.

He has rejected a new deal at Tannadice after attracting interest from Celtic, Newcastle, Manchester United and others.

Neil Lennon has spoken of his admiration for the youngster but Gers now want to steal a march on their rivals.

Gers will boost their squad today when winger Sone Aluko pens a two-and-a-half-year deal.

The 22-year-old is poised to sign after a peace deal was struck with Aberdeen yesterday.

The SPL leaders had insisted they wouldn't pay a penny to land free agent Aluko. However SunSport understands fresh talks led to a compromise deal being brokered.

And Aluko, who left Pittodrie at the end of last season, now looks set to join Gers.

Meanwhile, Gers could have Sasa Papac back from illness for Sunday's league clash with Kilmarnock at Rugby Park.

He missed the weekend draw with St Johnstone but is set to return, while Lee Wallace is still out.

Boss McCoist said: "Both are progressing. Lee has a haematoma on his thigh from the Dundee United game when he had to come off and Sasa came back from international duty unwell.

"We sent him home last week, but he'll see the doctor again and I would be hopeful he could be involved."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3956480/Gers-target-Honduran-ace-and-Arabs-kid.html#ixzz1ea5fyW6x

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deadwood is deadwood by nature.

Who wants it?

True. Get rid though, most will be leaving at the end of season I'd imagine but we don't want the squad to be a revolving door.

The sooner Ally gets a comfortable squad together that he is happy with and can get together the happier I will be!

(Not that im saying morale/team spirit is low, just constant speculation and in and outs isn't good for the squad)

am i right in saying allan is a massive bluenose? Gazza his hero and always comes down for OF games?

If so, surely we can use that pull to get him to the club, ideal signing in my book, low fee, low wages, huge potential, massive sell on fee...hardly any risk!

am i right in saying allan is a massive bluenose? Gazza his hero and always comes down for OF games?

If so, surely we can use that pull to get him to the club, ideal signing in my book, low fee, low wages, huge potential, massive sell on fee...hardly any risk!

seen someone else saying that on one of the rangers page on fb

Will Aluko be available for sunday?

Really hope we sign Scott Allan aswell

Aye, i read on the stv site that if we sign him he will go straight in for the killie game. i don't know if thats the 1st team or the just on the bench? but he will be involved for sunday.

Deadwood is deadwood by nature.

Who wants it?

There are always clubs and managers out there who think they can get something out of even the poorest players, i mean, Ally thought he could get something out of Healy when no one wanted him, Holloway has tried to sign Big Kirk before, Stoke wanted McCulloch at one point, getting rid of Kerkar, now that may be a challenge! :)

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes........yes.

:)(tu)