is the support for Rangers falling

mongolikecandy

We still have a massive support with fans all over the world, but as i said some people are priced out of going to the game.Lots of guys that i know used to never miss a game, but now they have to watch on TV, but a big well done to all the fans that do go to the games.

I remember when I was at school 20 years ago everbody in my class that liked football supported an EPL team and Rangers.

Now my wee lad says that him and only one other wee lad in class support Rangers, the rest just support EPL teams.

For me the interest in both Rangers and Celtic in Northern Ireland has fallen dramatically, certainly in the last 20 years.

It may surprise many to hear, but, there are many Rangers fans up here.

Amazing how many from up there and also amazing who you might bump in to when out for a drink in the pubs away from and just off Union Street. Quite a few good bears i know up there would be more than happy to meet up with fellow bears for a beer.

Amazing how many from up there and also amazing who you might bump in to when out for a drink in the pubs away from and just off Union Street. Quite a few good bears i know up there would be more than happy to meet up with fellow bears for a beer.

This bear would find that interesting.

I would suspect the the support for the club is pretty steady - but supporters clubs are less relevant than they were socially (like pubs)

I also suspect the TV coverage means a lot of kids are watching the EPL - but we always had an 'English' Team to support as kids (Everton for me) and if the top had been available I would have bought it to wear as well as my Rangers top.

For the first time in my near 60 years I had to go to Dublin a few months ago and I was dreading seeing the horrible hoops everywhere but I was shocked to find during 5 days in the city I only saw two of their rags but I saw literally hundreds of Man Utd tops as well as a good number of Liverpool and suprisingly plenty of Chelsea.Maybe that is seriously effecting their plunging support.

Hasnt died in Fermanagh,i have a 9 and 6 yr old child and it is RANGERS their intrest is in, it is not just my influence,as im sure most of you with kids will tell you,they will make their own minds up and will be guided by their peir group,which thankfully in my case all seem to be young BEARS.epl shirts would not be in the majority in our local primary school(its LAFFS old school)i dont think we have anything to worry about as far as support goes...RTID