Bendiksen...

graeme_4

Unfortunately I couldn't make Saturday due to a family issue, but by all accounts (from reading on here!) the kid played really well.

Reading the papers, they seem less complementary, with some describing him as 'quiet' and as having 'little influence'.

Watched the highlights and didn't see too much of him, but wouldnt judge anyone on that basis.

Was he that good? Or are we overhyping as we did with John Fleck when he first broke into the side? Are we just so glad to see a 'creative player' that he's been judged with blue tinted specs, or is he the real deal?

Unfortunately I couldn't make Saturday due to a family issue, but by all accounts (from reading on here!) the kid played really well.

Reading the papers, they seem less complementary, with some describing him as 'quiet' and as having 'little influence'.

Watched the highlights and didn't see too much of him, but wouldnt judge anyone on that basis.

Was he that good? Or are we overhyping as we did with John Fleck when he first broke into the side? Are we just so glad to see a 'creative player' that he's been judged with blue tinted specs, or is he the real deal?

Id say he was such an influence to the extent it changed when he went off, cant say iv read anyone being waxlyrical about him to be fair or over praising the guy, maybe u can point me to where they have

I hate to be a pessimist, but the fact that we're thinking that every youth player is better than every first team player, despite the fact that the youth team aren't even the best in Scotland, is a bit concerning.

Bendiksen hasn't been a youth player for 3 years though? By all accounts he's been stuck in limbo since graduating from the Under 19 setup, same with McMillan.

he didnt stand out in any way other than doing what he is paid to do but he is certainly a welcome addition to the squad.in saying that i have read quite a few posts in here saying we were realy good first half on saturday i just dont see that myself and think there needs to be a hell of a lot of improvement for the up and coming games. to many passengers for my liking and its time each and every one of them upped their game especially with the game at easter road coming up as every time we play there we realy need to roll our sleeves up and get right in about it and if we have any passengers and players not playing to form we could struggle to get the three points, and that would be all we needed to drop more points before facing the scum.so heres hoping every one of the first 11 are up for it this time and lets play our way out this minor slump that we have found our selfs in since wee naisy got injured.no surrender :crabflute:

It was probably his first start at Ibrox and I thought he was impressive particularly in the first half. I noticed that he always wanted the ball and never hid which can't be said for some of our more experienced players and when he got the ball he always looked for a forward pass. I think if we put him deeper in midfield he would be a very good playmaker which we haven't had since Barry Ferguson.

I'd say he looked decent on the ball but seemed to lack a bit of awareness off it. A few times there was space crying out for him to run into and he didn't make the run. His first touch always seemed to take him away from goal as well. Promising debut though and always going to be hard to replace the intelligence of Naismith.

Looks a good player, but his talents may be a bit exaggerated due to the fact we were playing with a new system, and his position was more or less the heartbeat of it all.

We certainly looked a weaker team without him on Saturday, but whether that was down to his talents or the change in tactics remains to be seen.

Without being wonderfull, the boy done really well. He fitted into the system of play at consumate ease keeping his pass simple and more importantly finding a blue shirt. Only once did I see him give possesion away when he was over run and powered off the ball by a pars player. I wouldnt hype it too much yet but is was a good debut for the boy who kep Rangers on the front foot with forward passes. Some of the one touch football played in the first half was a joy to watch. 61% of possesion over the whole game which is well above what we have done possesion wise in our last 4 or 5 games at Ibrox where we are usually outplayed.

Now lets push on and work on our delivery into the box and please can we utilize the height in the team at corner kicks and set pieces !

From what I have seen, I like the way he lets the ball do the work, and he has that knack of finding himself in space and the strike against Hamburg was good reading of the game the way he came onto the box at the right time to finish off Alukos move.

Like every youngster we have had with a chance of making the 1st team, a lot will depend on getting a run of games to build match strength .

He has the basics and more to make it.

He didn't really stand out but he kept it simple and played cautiously, which is something you would probably expect from a youngster making his competitive Ibrox debut. He seemed quite comfortable to knock the ball about and look for it, but I think with more games he will come out of his shell a bit more and we will see his real talent.

It's also worth noting how Edu played without the shackles of Lee McCulloch holding him down. Edu had two midfielders playing with him and it showed in his performance, he was wonderful.

By that I'm assuming one of them is Davis ? How do you explain Davis' performances when McCullochs not been in the side ?

By that I'm assuming one of them is Davis ? How do you explain Davis' performances when McCullochs not been in the side ?

Davis has been horrible this season, but he's still able to carry a ball and play simple passes, whereas McCulloch always looks as if he's been handed a bomb and wants to get rid of it by whatever means possible. Edu played brilliant, Davis was average at best.

Were over hyping him as we usually do. But, it's to be expected as our standards have been dropping for a while... He hasn't done anything more than Fleck, Wylde, Hutton, Hemmings etc haven't done. He's come in and did a job nothing more and nothing less.

Thing we forget or we just like to gloss over is that Bendiksen is one of our more expensive signing in recent years gone by... £1million, so we should be expecting him to do the basics.

Were over hyping him as we usually do. But, it's to be expected as our standards have been dropping for a while... He hasn't done anything more than Fleck, Wylde, Hutton, Hemmings etc haven't done. He's come in and did a job nothing more and nothing less.

Thing we forget or we just like to gloss over is that Bendiksen is one of our more expensive signing in recent years gone by... £1million, so we should be expecting him to do the basics.

Bendiksen didn't cost £1 million. He cost 1 million Norwegian Kroner, which i think is just roughly over a hundred grand or so?

I honestly can say I have not read anyone going apeshit at this boys talents, I will say I hope he stays injury free as that's when I would have wee worriew

I just saw his performance described as "magnificent". I'd say he was decent, disappeared towards the end of the first half, and did nothing of note in the second before being replaced.

Bendiksen didn't cost £1 million. He cost 1 million Norwegian Kroner, which i think is just roughly over a hundred grand or so?

But Gers have already pushed through the signing of highly-rated Norwegian starlet Thomas Kind Bendiksen.

The young midfielder has put pen to paper on a three-year deal after it was reported Rangers have shelled out around £1m to land him from Harstad IL.

"This is like a dream come true," said Bendiksen. "I had two good offers from Tromso and Rangers, but the lure of a foreign club was too tempting."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/countdown-old-firm-take-transfer-action-to-wire-1.972134

I could pull many from the time he signed all saying the same thing £1million, seems to be that fine line of undisclosed at this moment in time. As time goes by... maybe cause he's undelivered due to injuries etc. But £1million was the fee touted.