Oor Ally

marmalade1872

All managers look like that. Im sure it is a pleasure to manage rangers for him but hes also under enormous strain and pressure every single day to live up to the highest standards expected and wanted of him. That takes its toll no matter what.

You know Ally is loving it though even if he does look a bit jaded make no mistake ;)(tu)

Slightly of topic

But I'm worries that ally is a good manager but not a rangers manager

I love super and want nothing more than to see him being a success

But I don't see how he's of a better standard than Stuart mccoll or butcher managerially that being said it's early days

Just watched our ally on the bbc news there speaking,and to me he looks unwell bags under the eyes, looks awfull it should be a pleasure to manage rangers,but it looks to me the wee mans under severe pressure.

He probably reads the shit posted on here about him!

Some dick actually said,a few days ago,that,if we dont win our next two games,Ally's got to go!!!

He's finding it hard to live up to his predecessor. You've gotta remember the guy, in his first ever management job, is following arguably our most successful manager and living legend, Sir Walter Smith!

Must take some living up to, plus we're not exactly the easiest bunch of fans to please.....a quick flick through the topics on here daily proves that. I think given time, and a few quid to spend that Ally will come good.

its a no win situation for him at the moment how many on here are calling for his head.he is as was said following a rangers legend into his first managerial post he has fuck all money to spend and is still 4pts clear at the top what more can he do in this situation give hem a break till the end of next season when he has been tested in his own rifght not compared to sir walter.

the proof is in the pudding.

sir walter looks about 15 yrs younger and hes only been out the job for 6 months.

managing rangers or any big football club is a severely taxing job.

Spot on watched Walter on sky sports the other day and he looks so much healthier now he's not in the management game

He's finding it hard to live up to his predecessor. You've gotta remember the guy, in his first ever management job, is following arguably our most successful manager and living legend, Sir Walter Smith!

Must take some living up to, plus we're not exactly the easiest bunch of fans to please.....a quick flick through the

topics on here daily proves that. I think given time, and a

few quid to spend that Ally will come good.

Good point

must keep in mind ally didn't get his targets in the summer and most were attainable

But his tactics have to improve I can't abide playing three cb in midfield in the spl anytime against anyone

Must take some living up to, plus we're not exactly the easiest bunch of fans to please.....a quick flick through the topics on here daily proves that. I think given time, and a few quid to spend that Ally will come good.

Realise I'm inviting mass stoning but I'll take the risk.

I'm a rookie Rangers follower and am very ignorant of the past - so make allowances.

How is Sir Walter a legendary manager given the present financial plight, the quality of the team, and its play? Ally has after all been going for only a few months and the blame must be largely his predecessor's.

Should not the greatness of Rangers be judged by their European achievements rather than by winning two horse races in Scotland? And of late success in Europe has been underwhelming or non-existent.

I'm a rookie Rangers follower and am very ignorant of the past - so make allowances.

How is Sir Walter a legendary manager given the present financial plight, the quality of the team, and its play? Ally has after all been going for only a few months and the blame must be largely his predecessor's.

Should not the greatness of Rangers be judged by their European achievements rather than by winning two horse races in Scotland? And of late success in Europe has been underwhelming or non-existent.

In any league, anywhere, the bread and butter is the championship. For Man Utd, Barcelona, Inter Milan. To be the best in your country is the standard, Europe is a bonus (or a realistic add on, depending on where you are). With this in mind, and the fact that we are the most decorated club in WORLD football - I would say that defines greatness and Walter Smith, regardless of the style of football, epitomises that greatness in every way.

This is not meant to offend in the slightest, but go read more and learn about our past and I guarantee not only will you fall in love with our club (even more) but you will also appreciate how legendary status is earned at The Rangers.

Slightly of topic

But I'm worries that ally is a good manager but not a rangers manager

I love super and want nothing more than to see him being a success

But I don't see how he's of a better standard than Stuart mccoll or butcher managerially that being said it's early days

WHAT???? :burt:

:atie:

OK mate, I'll make allowances for you...seeing as how you're a banana bender :D

Maybe it would be a wise idea to read up on exactly WHO Walter Smith is, and exactly WHAT he has done for Rangers in his time at Ibrox.

Maybe you should read up about our European history also, before you make an arse of yourself with a post that's likely to get you shot down in flames...or even worse.

get the dreaded :shifty: chucked at you.

But as I said, I'll give you a bit of slack because we have to start somewhere, which in my case was circa@1953 or there abouts.

I really want to call you a cunt and tell you to fuck off but I realise you are new to this game :lol:

Walter gave us so much, even in Europe, a UEFA Cup Final and a virtual Champions League Semi Final were decent achievements. Throughout the history of Rangers two values shaped the club, the first was Struthian ideals, the second was winning. Walter had both.

That's what I like about you Samuel...You're very succinct with your comments :lol:

rather than by winning two horse races in Scotland?

What else we expected to do? We've made it clear we want out of the SPL on numerous occasions but it's not going to happen and whilst we're still in the SPL we have bugger all chance of doing anything spectacular in Europe

Smith is a legendary manager

1 loss? 4 Points clear?

Prior to our first loss ally's run was going to equal our best unbeaten no?

We have a financial noose wrapped round our neck, an aging squad with a few risky newcomers. We have been relegated in press and society to a stepping stone to the nPower Championship and as part of this have our best players bombarded with transfer gossip.

Yet somehow we are at the top of the table. Digging deep. Finding that glimpse of former magic week after week. It might not be stylish or spectactular.

But it's the Rangers.

Ally IS our manager. And we MUST follow on. Give our support and help pull Rangers through this time.

1 loss? 4 Points clear?

Prior to our first loss ally's run was going to equal our best unbeaten no?

No. It was the consecutive away victories record we were chasing, some of which were from last season.

Nevertheless, Ally has to be given some slack. We're not playing well, but we're winning and staying top of the pile. It's not a bad base to build on, even though it's frustrating at times.