Arsenal consider Henry

Yata

Taken From My linkhttp://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16324231.stm

Arsene Wenger considers re-signing Thierry Henry for Arsenal

Page last updated at 00:14 GMT, Saturday, 24 December 2011

E-mail this to a friend

Printable version

Theirry Henry Henry scored 226 goals in 370 games for Arsenal

Arsene Wenger is considering re-signing Thierry Henry for Arsenal on a two-month loan deal.

Henry, who is the Gunners' record goalscorer, has been training with the club since the end of the MLS season.

He is not due back at New York Red Bulls until March - and the timing could tempt Wenger because strikers Gervinho and Marouane Chamakh will soon be at the African Nations Cup.

"Short term is ideal, but I haven't made any enquiry yet," Wenger said.

THIERRY HENRY AT ARSENAL

Continue reading the main story

Appearances: 370

Goals: 226

Premier League titles: Two

FA Cups: Three

PFA Player of the Year awards: Two

Premier League top scorer: Four times

First goal: v Southampton in September 1999

The Frenchman, 34, scored 226 goals in 370 games between 1999 and 2007.

His time at the north London club coincided with one of the most successful periods in Arsenal's history; he won two league titles and three FA Cups before leaving for Barcelona.

Henry's legendary status at Arsenal was recently recognised during the club's 125th anniversary celebrations when a statue of him was unveiled outside the Emirates Stadium.

Wenger said: "I have to think about [making an offer for Henry].

"January 1 is the vital date for us. We have seven days to make decisions and I will make a decision in the next seven days on players."

The African Nations Cup, which lasts a month, starts at the end of January.

Think this could be worth a punt for the gunners? I mean there's no way he's gonna last a full season if he has to play week in week out

Better than chamakh still probably. wouldnt be a starter i dont think but certainly is a good option to have off the bench :lol:

Really excited about January for Arsenal. think there will be a few comings and goings and a big name player to arrive :sherlock:

Better than chamakh still probably. wouldnt be a starter i dont think but certainly is a good option to have off the bench :lol:

Really excited about January for Arsenal. think there will be a few comings and goings and a big name player to arrive :sherlock:

I think you could be right about January', I believe the arsenal will make a couple of quality signings and will finish third....at the worst!

I think you could be right about January', I believe the arsenal will make a couple of quality signings and will finish third....at the worst!

Ooft dont let people on here see you saying that. Alot of Arsenal haters on this forum :lol:

Personally i think chamakh and arshavin will leave , couple of outward loans for youngsters.

Podolski will come in :sherlock: as will henry and a big surprise player i think lol

Ooft dont let people on here see you saying that. Alot of Arsenal haters on this forum :lol:

Personally i think chamakh and arshavin will leave , couple of outward loans for youngsters.

Podolski will come in :sherlock: as will henry and a big surprise player i think lol

Not a fucking chance will Lukas Podolski sign for Arsenal.