Mculloch incident

rfcfraserrfc

McCulloch went for the guy, it was obvious.

He didn't catch the lad as cleanly as he wanted but the intent was there.

He barely even remonstrated with the referee which tells its own story.

Could he not have just been accepting it and not argued?

I know I'd rather our players didn't argue with the Referee ala Mr Clough.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is it just me or did carey swing an elbow at wallace, just seconds after he got booked? (watching the game just now)

thats never a red card for me, i've seen far worse incidents thats only been given a yellow of course it just so happens carey is involved.

andy walker talking sense shocker?

The sort of contact you see all the time in an aerial challenge were someone leads with their arm.

Said it before, it was never a red card but he should not have put himself in the position to be sent off by swinging his arms about. It was just stupid.

If you go up for a header, lead with your elbow and make contact even the smallest contact then its a red. Its that simple. If it had happened against one of our players we would have demanded a red.

Not really though

Why dae ye think Ally's appealing the sending off?

He canny dae withoot him for Wednesday...............................................:anguish:

Nothing is concrete but hey lets play the game of we know ally Better than himself, and we can predict the future

Nothing is concrete but hey lets play the game of we know ally Better than himself, and we can predict the future

1. So the club (Ally) haven't said they may appeal it?

2. Do you think if McCulloch's available on Wednesday, Ally will overlook him?

3. Where have I even suggested that I know Ally better than the great man himself?

4. What is it that I've actually "predicted" as you suggest?

1. So the club (Ally) haven't said they may appeal it?

2. Do you think if McCulloch's available on Wednesday, Ally will overlook him?

3. Where have I even suggested that I know Ally better than the great man himself?

4. What is it that I've actually "predicted" as you suggest?

May appeal, that's the whole point,nothing is decided.

Well yer posts read like you have ally sussed, like many on here thinking they can name the team selection before its even mentioned, all because ally has his favourites which is bullshit, oh merry christmas

May appeal, that's the whole point,nothing is decided.

Well yer posts read like you have ally sussed, like many on here thinking they can name the team selection before its even mentioned, all because ally has his favourites which is bullshit, oh merry christmas

Ally has me so confused now that I wouldnae even attempt tae name his teams.

That disnae mean a canny work oot that McCulloch is a fave of his and will always be a 1st pick.

Hope yer enjoying yer Christmas.

McCulloch serves a purpose that sadly Rangers lack in that department and that is being able to put the boot in to the right person at the right time,having said that Kyle Bartley STEP UP AND PLAY :uk::crabflute:

This is the bit I dont get. Ive never been aware of him "putting the boot in" to the extent that he nullifies a threat. Infact, I canny recall him even getting close enough tae put the boot in!

This is the bit I dont get. Ive never been aware of him "putting the boot in" to the extent that he nullifies a threat. Infact, I canny recall him even getting close enough tae put the boot in!

Done it yesterday Booler,the minute he was kicked it was a certainty that he would reply!

Sadly not for Rangers gain,since the departure of Thompson/Fergy we sadly lack such tactical aggression,Big Davy Weir was our last disher oot of such a required dig :uk::dry:

Although I don't agree Mculloch should be starting on Wednesday, people saying "I'm glad he's banned" etc. should have a look at themselves.

We have a lack of options in the middle of the park and if Edu/Davis were to be injured, it would be beneficial to have Mculloch in the pool.

He is an experienced player and has actually performed against Celtic in the past, therefore appealing is obviously the right thing to do.