Neil McCann

Smirkey1963

Have you ever had a talk with Neil McCann, Turnberry????? He was certainly never a 'Rangers man' as in the sense of being a supporter, but to give the wee man his due. he absolutely loved his time playing with the Rangers and knows more about what it means to be Rangers player than fucking 3/4 of the prats that mince about posing as players today.

Oz, you're right. Sorry mate

(tu)

Oz, you're right. Sorry mate

(tu)

Naw don't be sorry mate! I wasn't having a dig at you or anything like that....I had a talk with the wee man once and he was very honoured to have played for us, and he also learned just what this club means to the supporters and that if you give everything you've got for the shirt, the supporters will forgive you if you are off form...I don't think wee McCann ever went out there and didn't put in an effort for the supporters....and to me, that's being a 'Rangers man' :praise:(tu)

Naw don't be sorry mate! I wasn't having a dig at you or anything like that....I had a talk with the wee man once and he was very honoured to have played for us, and he also learned just what this club means to the supporters and that if you give everything you've got for the shirt, the supporters will forgive you if you are off form...I don't think wee McCann ever went out there and didn't put in an effort for the supporters....and to me, that's being a 'Rangers man' :praise:(tu)

The way he spoke about Lafferty proved he's a Rangers man.

didn't hear

The way he spoke about Lafferty proved he's a Rangers man.

I didn't hear any of that...we don't get the interviews-half time analysis etc on Setanta, which at times is a good thing because we don't have to listen to Charlie Nicholas or that we scrote Walker bash their mhanky gums.

What did he say about Lafferty?

Always admired McCann as a player. He also seems unbiased in being able to see both sides of the story; the fact that he's not a hater will get up some people's nostrils, but (imho) in the big picture who you are as a person is more important than what colour you support (straps tin hat firmly on).

didn't hear

I didn't hear any of that...we don't get the interviews-half time analysis etc on Setanta, which at times is a good thing because we don't have to listen to Charlie Nicholas or that we scrote Walker bash their mhanky gums.

What did he say about Lafferty?

Sorry Oz, I'm not getting any reminders of messages, so I saw your post late. Lafferty is said to have said that the players are afraid to play at Ibrox these days; or words to that effect

The words of this man should be showed to every single player in our squad individually.

Every word was the truth. If someone has it on Sky+ then please do a bit of work and upload it for fellow Bears who haven't seen it.

Astoundingly put from a man who knew and still knows what it takes and means to play for the club the size of Rangers. 00000042.gif

Before the three-one game at Parkhead last season, McCann and Sky spent a day at their training ground, training with the first team squad. He was in Lennon's office, all pally and having a laugh with their squad in the dressing room.

I don't know if he's one of us or a Tim and I know that Sky will have asked him to do that, but he went right down in my estimation after that. A true Bear would not have done that.

hes paid to do a job

"i didn't grow up a Rangers fan but I promise you this from this and every day I'm at this club I am the worlds biggest Rangers fan" I'm 99% certain these were the words of Neil Mccann said when he signed in 1998 press conference , would love to see someone cross a ball even half as good at ibrox just now :-(

Neil McCann gave more to this club than the 'Rangers men' currently on our books. Too many people on here value a player's footballing beliefs over their ability.

Well said that man (tu) I cant believe the shite coming out hes a Television pundit who actually talks sense

and not only that was such a non rangers man he wasnt worthy of his time at Ibrox .

Unbelievable lets have currently for example Healy, Mc Cullough , Davies etc who are currently taking the piss out of the club they love.

Sorry Oz, I'm not getting any reminders of messages, so I saw your post late. Lafferty is said to have said that the players are afraid to play at Ibrox these days; or words to that effect

How the fuck can a Rangers player be afraid to play at Ibrox??????? :blush: If Lafferty said anthing along those lines, here's a little bit of a clue for any players with that mindset......Give 100% effort.....Play football on the deck and actually learn to pass a ball to a guy in a blue shirt who is only 10 yards away from you....Stop talking pish to fucking mhedia outlets and concentrate on doing your job that allows you to be paid a fortune by the punters who get fed up seeing spoiled fucking brats acting like a prima donna instead of getting wired in. :angry:

How the fuck can a Rangers player be afraid to play at Ibrox??????? :blush: If Lafferty said anthing along those lines, here's a little bit of a clue for any players with that mindset......Give 100% effort.....Play football on the deck and actually learn to pass a ball to a guy in a blue shirt who is only 10 yards away from you....Stop talking pish to fucking mhedia outlets and concentrate on doing your job that allows you to be paid a fortune by the punters who get fed up seeing spoiled fucking brats acting like a prima donna instead of getting wired in. :angry:

Oz your a footballing man and i havent seen nor heard these comments from Laff yet but i would imagine he is getting at the fans who from the 1st minute to the last are on the teams back. I struggled at amatuer level having a run of 2 or 3 bad games when people are on your case but at Ibrox players like Edu just struggle. He plays well away from home but everytime he gets the ball at Ibrox you hear the moans and he hasnt even lost the ball at that point. they should be mentaly tougher but when we are at home the fans imo are on the players backs all the time.

Oz your a footballing man and i havent seen nor heard these comments from Laff yet but i would imagine he is getting at the fans who from the 1st minute to the last are on the teams back. I struggled at amatuer level having a run of 2 or 3 bad games when people are on your case but at Ibrox players like Edu just struggle. He plays well away from home but everytime he gets the ball at Ibrox you hear the moans and he hasnt even lost the ball at that point. they should be mentaly tougher but when we are at home the fans imo are on the players backs all the time.

G'day mate! (tu) Maybe I misunderstood the context of what Lafferty was supposed to have said and I admit I never saw the interview, so I'd really like to see it for myself.

It certainly does not do a players confidence any good at all when supporters are continually on their backs, but that is part and parcel of being a professional footballer

and these guys have to live with it.

We, as Rangers supporters have never been known for our patience when things aren't going as we would like them to go, but I have noticed a difference in the past years when I have came back to Ibrox to watch us play, because sections of the fans seem to be more critical than they used to be when I lived there and they certainly moan like fuck a lot from what i've experienced.

I guess it comes down to what the paying fans see as "their right" to get on a players back if they think he's not living up to expectations, as opposed to supporting your team no matter what happens.I personally prefer to support the team for the 90 minutes and not let my feelings get to the players and then whinge like fuck afterwards in the pub about them.

There's no place to hide for players at Ibrox who aren't on their game,that's for sure.Supporters are fickle cunts at the best of times who change their opinions like the weather....Naismith and Edu are two examples of that from last season to this season.

G'day mate! (tu) Maybe I misunderstood the context of what Lafferty was supposed to have said and I admit I never saw the interview, so I'd really like to see it for myself.

It certainly does not do a players confidence any good at all when supporters are continually on their backs, but that is part and parcel of being a professional footballer

and these guys have to live with it.

We, as Rangers supporters have never been known for our patience when things aren't going as we would like them to go, but I have noticed a difference in the past years when I have came back to Ibrox to watch us play, because sections of the fans seem to be more critical than they used to be when I lived there and they certainly moan like fuck a lot from what i've experienced.

I guess it comes down to what the paying fans see as "their right" to get on a players back if they think he's not living up to expectations, as opposed to supporting your team no matter what happens.I personally prefer to support the team for the 90 minutes and not let my feelings get to the players and then whinge like fuck afterwards in the pub about them.

There's no place to hide for players at Ibrox who aren't on their game,that's for sure.Supporters are fickle cunts at the best of times who change their opinions like the weather....Naismith and Edu are two examples of that from last season to this season.

Naismith is the prime example of a player who managed to blank it all out and focus on the football but it aint easy, Id imagine thats how alot of big name players have struggled to cope with the pressure

Naismith is the prime example of a player who managed to blank it all out and focus on the football but it aint easy, Id imagine thats how alot of big name players have struggled to cope with the pressure

Yea Naismith might sound like a moaning wee diddy at times but he's strong willed, as is Edu

What the fans forget is that these players are only human after all and that they aren't all strong willed, and this is where a good manager starts earing his money,because he has to treat every player differently and ensure he gets the best out of these guys every match day.