Jamie Murphy

StuartM6

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As it's silly season and the transfer forum isn't open yet, if it's opening I though I'd post this here and it can be moved if it does.

So this year at uni we get direct entrants in just after the summer. I've become really good mates with one and this is his information:

He went to secondary school and is best mates with Jamie Murphy. They've known each other for like 12 years or something. Anyway, Murphy (despite his unfortunate second name) is a huge Rangers fan and regularly tells his mates that he'd love a move to Rangers.

My mate reckons that he is the type of guy who would turn down 20k from the tims even if we only offered 10k. He also IS NOT attracted to going down south as he doesn't want to end up like goodwillie.

100% trust this source, seen texts and murphy's facebook to make sure he was telling the truth about knowing him.

Not set in stone, but if Super goes for him we should get our man.

IMO he would be a decent signing.

He is a Rangers man, but ask your mate what school, and I hope it's not economics your uni mate is taking.

i really rate the boy, have been saying so everytime he gets mentioned on a thread in here.

lots of bears dont seem to rate him much, but hes certainly better than any our current youngsters.

i think it would be a great signing. would bring a totally different option to our a attack.

im sure i read somewhere in the summer that his value was only 500k(sounds too cheap to me) but i doubt mwell would knock back an offer of say 750k upfront with 250k add ons.

I am a huge Rangers man and would choose us over them, can i get a game?

Football is all about money now, and to have players who play for the shirt are few and far between IMO

A Rangers man will play for the shirt of Rangers with pride.

Jelavic is an international player. There is a difference smart arse.

Jamie Murphy will be touted as a future full internationalist like Naismith was, he's not going to leave Motherwell for buttons to join us. That's the point. Just like were not going to let Jelavic leave for a cheap price.

The days of us just bullying the rest into giving us players is gone. Other SPL clubs would rather let players like Murphy go down south. Unless we pay out over the odds like we did with Lee Wallace.

Football is all about money now, and to have players who play for the shirt are few and far between IMO

A Rangers man will play for the shirt of Rangers with pride.

Not true, what about McCulloch and Davis? Even Gregg Wylde? 3 Rangers men, where is their pride and the evidence they play for the shirt?

Jamie Murphy will be touted as a future full internationalist like Naismith was, he's not going to leave Motherwell for buttons to join us. That's the point. Just like were not going to let Jelavic leave for a cheap price.

The days of us just bullying the rest into giving us players is gone. Other SPL clubs would rather let players like Murphy go down south. Unless we pay out over the odds like we did with Lee Wallace.

It will be buttons compared to our highest earners. We are not going to offer a lad currently on a few hundred pounds a week and bumer 5 figure salary.

He is a Rangers man, but ask your mate what school, and I hope it's not economics your uni mate is taking.

Haha he's doing sports tourism but is in all my business classes. I'll be seeing him next week will ask then :pipe:

It will be buttons compared to our highest earners. We are not going to offer a lad currently on a few hundred pounds a week and bumer 5 figure salary.

I'm talking just about the transfer fee between both clubs. Of course personal terms are up to the player to either accept or not, if we even got to that stage.

Not true, what about McCulloch and Davis? Even Gregg Wylde? 3 Rangers men, where is their pride and the evidence they play for the shirt?

For a start McCulloch is shite, Davis has been one of our best players over the last few season, having a poor period now, but to say he hasn't played for the jersey is garbage.

And Wylde is a young lad and will soon be a massive player for us IMO.

I'm talking just about the transfer fee between both clubs. Of course personal terms are up to the player to either accept or not, if we even got to that stage.

Motherwells owner doesnt own his own bank though nor does he think his club are a direct rival of ours. They will be easier to deal with than the Jambos, of that i am sure.