Bye Bye Big Lee

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Behave, 9 times out of 10 Jig doesnt play, we play well and win. When he plays, we dont and more often than not we drop points.

Well obviously not, but i have a feeling they enjoy it more when he aint there.

as I said the other day the solution wasn't selling Davis etc. its in getting them back in form.

today was a good start.

I wouldn't play jig either but don't imagine for a second its as simple as that.

as I said the other day the solution wasn't selling Davis etc. its in getting them back in form.

today was a good start.

I wouldn't play jig either but don't imagine for a second its as simple as that.

True, sadly Big Jigs only form is shite.

If we get rid of him somehow, it will be as easy as that.

Dont make an easy game difficult gs! :)

the difference wasn't jig not playing. it was edu and Davis working hard.

selling jig or whatever won't ensure they work hard.

Ballacks mate. The difference was having 2 midfielders that can actually run and turn possession into attack quickly. Look at the ground Edu covered and compare that to what McCulloch offers. I also hope today puts to bed the need for a "holding" midfielder. Can we not just rely on the entire midfield to help protect our defence as well as create stuff

Refreshing.

Good to see Fleck showing us what he can do when given the chance in his proper position. Even if we had a fully fit strike force I would be unhappy to see Fleck go out on loan. He's a talented footballer and I hope that he now gets the chance to prove himself further.

Please Ally, do not bring the big man back into the team.

To a man today, wonderful, truly wonderful.

Wallace, Fleck, Aluko :drool:

Allowed to play because of the hard work of Edu and Davis :praise:

There is simply no place for Lee McCulloch.

Outstanding today and no coincidence the big man isnt playing. Thanks for your service Lee, thanks for the memories, of which there are a few, but please, do yourself a favour do what is best for our club.

Today our engine room, it just........worked. :clap:

(tu)

Canny believe I've just rep'd one of your posts!

As I've said for 2 seasons now, no McCulloch and no Whittaker = 3 points and a clean sheet.

Let's hope it stays that way.

Ballacks mate. The difference was having 2 midfielders that can actually run and turn possession into attack quickly. Look at the ground Edu covered and compare that to what McCulloch offers. I also hope today puts to bed the need for a "holding" midfielder. Can we not just rely on the entire midfield to help protect our defence as well as create stuff

you do realise its the same two everyones wanted dropped for weeks.

Canny believe I've just rep'd one of your posts!

As I've said for 2 seasons now, no McCulloch and no Whittaker = 3 points and a clean sheet.

Let's hope it stays that way.

bartley was poor today.

even defensively.

I am not saying whittakers definately the answer but bartley isn't.

as I say the turn around today was not about who wasn't playing. it was about the application if those who did.

unless were suggesting jig etc stop others from working hard.

Outstanding today and no coincidence the big man isnt playing. Thanks for your service Lee, thanks for the memories, of which there are a few, but please, do yourself a favour do what is best for our club.

(tu)

Spot on with every single word.

Well said sir. (tu)

I'm glad John Fleck showed everybody today what he is capable of doing in his correct position. No way he should be allowed to leave on loan, he has a job to do with us.

didnt see the game but everyone on this saying he was really good :)

always thought he should get more of a chance

Missed the game today but reading some really positive posts which is a pleasant change of late!

I really hope that we have seen the last of McCulloch..a man of limited talent at best and a complete liability the rest of the time.

Young, quick and talented players should be the way forward for the Rangers

(tu)

[/quo

Completely agree with all of this apart from the edu comment. I am not jumping on his back and blaming all of our problems on him but I would much rather see Matt McKay or Kyle Hutton as I believe they bring more to the engine room. I also think it is shocking Hutton wasn't on the bench today and kerkar and mcmillian got brought on befor McKay.

As for Edu today was a bit better in the second half, done well for 1st goal but he fell over with the ball at his feet at least four times and his control, anticipation and reading of the game are not good enough. Also was dropped at St Mirren and piggery for a reason and when he came on in both matches done nothing, was as if we playing with 9 men and not 10 in paisley.

[Quote = scottmcg123

Completely agree with all of this apart from the edu comment. I am not jumping on his back and blaming all of our problems on him but I would much rather see Matt McKay or Kyle Hutton as I believe they bring more to the engine room. I also think it is shocking Hutton wasn't on the bench today and kerkar and mcmillian got brought on befor McKay.

As for Edu today was a bit better in the second half, done well for 1st goal but he fell over with the ball at his feet at least four times and his control, anticipation and reading of the game are not good enough. Also was dropped at St Mirren and piggery for a reason and when he came on in both matches done nothing, was as if we playing with 9 men and not 10 in paisley.

------------------------------

Scott,

I have been harsh on Mo recently and rightly so, but i thought he was decent today. Hutton couldnt lace his boots, McKay, we dont know about. Edu can do box to box in a matter seconds, and back again without breaking sweat, he is a proper athlete.

Huttons going back to Partick i think mate. McCabe is a much better player. ;)

He was dropped for Jig in two games we lost, tells its own story.

I thought Bartley was okay today, didn't need to do much defending though.

McCulloch will find a way back into this team until the day he leaves Rangers, one of the perks of being Ally's pal.

your right he was ok. I've been to harsh but he was caught out a little at the back and is little going forward.

at one point alouko had 3 men on him and no support from his full back.