Ally's Novo Hint.

TeamHero

The lack of vision and any sign of forward planning is extremely worrying. Its all short-termism. Ally has known since early last year he was going to be boss, probably earlier, how can he be in this position of only now rushing around for looking for players, its really poor.

Dont the club keep a database of players from around the world?

I mind watching a programme about Ajax way back in the early 90's and they were interviewing some people from the club and they were going through their player database to show the viewers what its like, they opened up a file on some young English guy, a young striker, named Robbie Fowler. :lol: Said they had the name of thousands of talents from around the world. I thought that was the norm for every club, obviously not.

Fans have known since the summer Jelavic was leaving and knew we were short up front for the last 6 months, have the club not been actively looking for players in that time?

Nah I think he sits and plays cards with Durranty and then picks up the blower to some agent he knows when there are no players for Saturday's game ... ok I'm not being completely serious but you really do have to wonder sometimes :anguish:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The lack of vision and any sign of forward planning is extremely worrying. Its all short-termism. Ally has known since early last year he was going to be boss, probably earlier, how can he be in this position of only now rushing around for looking for players, its really poor.

Dont the club keep a database of players from around the world?

I mind watching a programme about Ajax way back in the early 90's and they were interviewing some people from the club and they were going through their player database to show the viewers what its like, they opened up a file on some young English guy, a young striker, named Robbie Fowler. :lol: Said they had the name of thousands of talents from around the world. I thought that was the norm for every club, obviously not.

Fans have known since the summer Jelavic was leaving and knew we were short up front for the last 6 months, have the club not been actively looking for players in that time?

Who says they don't have this list? Just because we are all simply speculating about signings, doesn't mean the club are just speculating aswell

Some of the post regarding the we man are out of order now I ain't saying he's the answer but for some to say he was shite is out of order rangers fans my ass

Unfortunately that sort of behaviour is typical these days.

Going by the shambles in the summer, its pretty clear we dont. Its all being done as they go along.

I disagree. Our actual signing policies might have been a bit shit but we clearly had set targets. We didn't get those targets so we went for the next ones on the list. The way we dealt with transfers was suspect but I don't think you can say we were just targetting guys at random.

The order for centre backs, for example, seemed to be Cueller, than Juhasz, then Goian and Bocanegra. We never got a striker but you can see we had targets and then missed out on them, and so moved onto the next.

Hately and player manager McCoist up top. Tidy

To think how bad both were when they first wore the jersey as well!

Nacho would do a job for us,without a shadow of a doubt,is it the direction the club should be heading in? IMO No.

Maybe Ally is thinking short-term as in making sure he keeps his job by winning the title as opposed to still having someone that would command a fee 2 years down the line.

To think how bad both were when they first wore the jersey as well!

Nacho would do a job for us,without a shadow of a doubt,is it the direction the club should be heading in? IMO No.

Maybe Ally is thinking short-term as in making sure he keeps his job by winning the title as opposed to still having someone that would command a fee 2 years down the line.

Indeed, in terms of strikers, we badly need someone for the here and now. If/when Jela goes, we are down to one fit striker, the future can wait, I want goals now.

Ha and I was only 6 or 7 when we had that campaign, I only really remember Hately and McCoist the potent strikeforce, probably a good thing!

Some of the post regarding the we man are out of order now I ain't saying he's the answer but for some to say he was shite is out of order rangers fans my ass

Absolutely the question is should we be signing him back at nearly 33yo not what he contributed in the past because there was certainly no problem there (tu).

The whole thing reminds me of something that Ray Wilkins is reported to have said to Derek Ferguson when he was boozing his way out of the Ibrox front door he said that clubs won't want you anymore when your body gives up and that's the basic underlying reality in professional football. It's perhaps why I don't mind someone like Kenny Miller going for one last pay day because clubs don't really show any loyalty to players when their time has gone

Maybe hoping that bringing Novo in is a move that will lift the fans and give them a bit of encouragement, based on the relationship between the fans and Novo. Before today I would have been against the move, but we can't last the next few months with Healy and Fleck.

I disagree. Our actual signing policies might have been a bit shit but we clearly had set targets. We didn't get those targets so we went for the next ones on the list. The way we dealt with transfers was suspect but I don't think you can say we were just targetting guys at random.

The order for centre backs, for example, seemed to be Cueller, than Juhasz, then Goian and Bocanegra. We never got a striker but you can see we had targets and then missed out on them, and so moved onto the next.

Ally said he had a name of 5 players for every position.

How many strikers did we go for? Hemed, Goodwillie, by his own account Miller doesnt count, so who were the other 3?

Did we go for any attacking midfielders, which we also needed badly?

Not at random but in desperation, maybe.

The centre halfs worked out well, Rodriguez seemed to be before Goianegra too, Bocanegra seemed to be a bit last minute and rushed but the way we worked through them, looked like from target to target, some folk were sick we didnt blow millions on players though. Goianegra is a wonderful bit of business for just under £1m or whatever it was.

(tu)

Maybe hoping that bringing Novo in is a move that will lift the fans and give them a bit of encouragement, based on the relationship between the fans and Novo. Before today I would have been against the move, but we can't last the next few months with Healy and Fleck.

The suspicion I have is this is what was in Whyte's mind with the appointment of McCoist. Obviously there are difficult times ahead for the club and not as much cash to spend as we would like so put in someone that the fans have already taken to their heart as a spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down