Ally's Novo Hint.

TeamHero

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, No and No.

Nacho was a good player, tho limited when he was younger, but we got shot when he was ageing.

Now we apparently want him back.

We'll be the laughing stock of the SPL if we sell Jela and sign Nacho.

If they think that will please or fool the fans they need better advisors.

We need more PLAYERS not subs.

Please no Nacho.................Now the club must have known for years that we have problems with Strikers, so why have they not been looking at this through the youth ranks.

Ally has been back a good while now, and if they had signed say a promising 17 yr well they would be 21, 22 now and ready for first team. I know Hemmings, but 1 striker in all the years Ally has been back.

There must be a youngster there can do a job. Most young players that leave us have no problem in scoring wherever they go.

Signing an ex-player at 32 years old(a player who could barely get in the starting 11 when he was here before) reeks of desperation.

Listen, i don't think Novo is anyone's ideal signing. We'd all love a promising up and coming striker but they usually cost a fair whack. However, I don't think Nacho would be a horrible short term option to have.

When people think of Novo they think of him as he was ... he will be a different player now and there is nothing more frustrating than watching someone who has lost that yard.

To me resigning him just shows a lack of imagination of the managers part

When people think of Novo they think of him as he was ... he will be a different player now and there is nothing more frustrating than watching someone who has lost that yard.

To me resigning him just shows a lack of imagination of the managers part

I suppose. Same argument was wheeled out for Kenny Miller though, I never bought that. As I say, don't think he'd be an awful option

You always have to look to the future in football especially where forwards are concerned ... it really does worry me that Ally has got this old pro bias from Walter :anguish:

Cant disagree with that but if there's any time to look to the here and now, it's this window. We literally have one fit striker on our books at this time (assuming Jela is for the off) - needs must. Jamie Murphy/David Templeton? Though neither are out and out front men

People didnt want Boyd back who scored for fun then chased the cash

But they want Novo who left having been offered a deal having been largely a Headless Chicken.

Beyond Parody.

You love yourself some Nacho ;)

Can't disagree with your point, same with Miller. Still, people can think what they like

The lack of vision and any sign of forward planning is extremely worrying. Its all short-termism. Ally has known since early last year he was going to be boss, probably earlier, how can he be in this position of only now rushing around for looking for players, its really poor.

Dont the club keep a database of players from around the world?

I mind watching a programme about Ajax way back in the early 90's and they were interviewing some people from the club and they were going through their player database to show the viewers what its like, they opened up a file on some young English guy, a young striker, named Robbie Fowler. :lol: Said they had the name of thousands of talents from around the world. I thought that was the norm for every club, obviously not.

Fans have known since the summer Jelavic was leaving and knew we were short up front for the last 6 months, have the club not been actively looking for players in that time?

People didnt want Boyd back who scored for fun then chased the cash

But they want Novo who left having been offered a deal having been largely a Headless Chicken.

Beyond Parody.

A headless chicken? Unbelievable. Our fans have such short memories. Nacho has been a fantastic servant for our club and would improve our squad.

Oh and the Boyd comparison is laughable. Boyd was offered an increase in his deal and better money and still chased the cash despite us being his "boyhood heroes" , Nacho was offered less money and a smaller contract.

People need to start showing a bit more respect to players that gave/give their all for Rangers.