Jump to content

QPR in for Greegsy


DamienM855

Recommended Posts

Can't remember seeing any OUT transfer threads in the transfer section before, so I'm posting this in here. Hope it's not a re-post.

------

QPR have added Rangers goalkeeper Allan McGregor to their list of transfer-window targets.

The Premiership club’s manager Neil Warnock has already secured Manchester United’s Federico Macheda on loan and retains an interest in Ibrox prize asset Nikica Jelavic, despite baulking at the £10million asking price for the striker.

Revealing that he wants ‘three or four’ new signings this month, Warnock is also in the market for a keeper and is prepared to fund a deal worth £7m for McGregor — consisting of £5m in cash plus a Loftus Road fringe player of Rangers’ choosing.

McGregor pledged himself to the SPL champions by signing a new five-year contract last year and manager Ally McCoist would be highly reluctant to lose the 19-times capped Scotland international.

Sportsmail understands, however, that Queens Park Rangers would be willing to wait until the summer to land the 29-year-old were the Ibrox club reluctant to sell him now.

Warnock recently lost both first-choice Paddy Kenny and understudy Brian Murphy to injury and was left with 37-year-old Radek Cerny as his only fit keeper.

With Cerny’s contract up in the summer, Peterbrough United No 1 Joe Lewis has been assessed on trial, but assistant manager Mick Jones admits that landing a top-class goalkeeper is on the agenda.

‘In the long term, we’ve got to look at that,’ said Jones. ‘No doubt about it. Radek is not getting any younger, so it is something that we’re considering all the time.

‘That could still come in the summer, although top keepers are like gold dust. Paddy is up there with the top six in the Premier League, so that means to get him fit and 100 per cent right is a big priority.’

McCoist held a meeting with owner Craig Whyte over funding for new players after Monday’s victory over Motherwell.

It is understood a further meeting has been scheduled for Thursday, with the Rangers boss desperate to bolster his attacking options.

Adding another midfielder is also thought to be a priority, though it remains to be seen whether any acquisitions will be possible without a sale being made.

The departure of Jelavic could free up funds for new signings, but the first departure yesterday was young Norwegian Thomas Bendiksen, who sealed a return to his homeland to join Tromso.

Unable to secure a regular starting placein Govan, the 22-year-old rejected a new Rangers contract, but will be the subject of a compensation claim from the Ibrox club.

Bendiksen told Tromso’s official website: ‘I had a very good contract offer from Rangers, but I said “No thanks”.

‘Tromso are a good club with ambitions to be even better. I aim to play my way to a permanent place in the team and look forward to an exciting season, both at home and not least in the Europa League.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2081931/Queens-Park-Rangers-want-Allan-McGregor.html#ixzz1iRO9qyKE

Link to post
Share on other sites

QPR have added Rangers goalkeeper Allan McGregor to their list of transfer-window targets.

The Premiership club’s manager Neil Warnock has already secured Manchester United’s Federico Macheda on loan and retains an interest in Ibrox prize asset Nikica Jelavic, despite baulking at the £10million asking price for the striker.

Revealing that he wants ‘three or four’ new signings this month, Warnock is also in the market for a keeper and is prepared to fund a deal worth £7m for McGregor — consisting of £5m in cash plus a Loftus Road fringe player of Rangers’ choosing.

McGregor pledged himself to the SPL champions by signing a new five-year contract last year and manager Ally McCoist would be highly reluctant to lose the 19-times capped Scotland international.

Sportsmail understands, however, that Queens Park Rangers would be willing to wait until the summer to land the 29-year-old were the Ibrox club reluctant to sell him now.

Warnock recently lost both first-choice Paddy Kenny and understudy Brian Murphy to injury and was left with 37-year-old Radek Cerny as his only fit keeper.

With Cerny’s contract up in the summer, Peterbrough United No 1 Joe Lewis has been assessed on trial, but assistant manager Mick Jones admits that landing a top-class goalkeeper is on the agenda.

‘In the long term, we’ve got to look at that,’ said Jones. ‘No doubt about it. Radek is not getting any younger, so it is something that we’re considering all the time.

‘That could still come in the summer, although top keepers are like gold dust. Paddy is up there with the top six in the Premier League, so that means to get him fit and 100 per cent right is a big priority.’

McCoist held a meeting with owner Craig Whyte over funding for new players after Monday’s victory over Motherwell.

It is understood a further meeting has been scheduled for Thursday, with the Rangers boss desperate to bolster his attacking options.

Adding another midfielder is also thought to be a priority, though it remains to be seen whether any acquisitions will be possible without a sale being made.

The departure of Jelavic could free up funds for new signings, but the first departure yesterday was young Norwegian Thomas Bendiksen, who sealed a return to his homeland to join Tromso.

Unable to secure a regular starting placein Govan, the 22-year-old rejected a new Rangers contract, but will be the subject of a compensation claim from the Ibrox club.

Bendiksen told Tromso’s official website: ‘I had a very good contract offer from Rangers, but I said “No thanks”.

‘Tromso are a good club with ambitions to be even better. I aim to play my way to a permanent place in the team and look forward to an exciting season, both at home and not least in the Europa League.’

 

More...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2081931/Queens-Park-Rangers-want-Allan-McGregor.html#ixzz1iRNwc5LL

Link to post
Share on other sites

If there is ANY truth in that report I can well see that offer appealing to Craig Whyte.He could probably sell it to Ally along the lines he has capable cover in the shape of Alexander and an addition to his outfield squad whilst he (Whyte) trousers the £5 million.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not?

It's obvious OPR have been scouting our team since they bid for Jelavic, they also need a goalkeeper. McGregor would be available for the correct price, been told he has a lot of money available to help survive relegation.

It's hardly a story that does not make any sense or having no adequate reasoning behind hit, no matter who published it. The same website got the Macheda deal spot on!

Because it reads like a pile of lazy jhournalistic shoite, thats why.

And you think we will entertain £5m for one of the UKs best keepers? (even if might include a dud who cant get in their team)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...