QPR after greegs in 7m deal

Hutchy WATP

QPR have added Rangers goalkeeper Allan McGregor to their list of transfer-window targets.

The Premiership club’s manager Neil Warnock has already secured Manchester United’s Federico Macheda on loan and retains an interest in Ibrox prize asset Nikica Jelavic, despite baulking at the £10million asking price for the striker.

Revealing that he wants ‘three or four’ new signings this month, Warnock is also in the market for a keeper and is prepared to fund a deal worth £7m for McGregor — consisting of £5m in cash plus a Loftus Road fringe player of Rangers’ choosing.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2081931/Queens-Park-Rangers-want-Allan-McGregor.html#ixzz1iRfN3wSt

Despite Alexander being an able deputy, I think this would sting more than Jelavic.

One of our most consistent performers bar the 1 mistake a year he is capable of making.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With Alexander as backup it wouldn't be a bad bit of business to sell him. However if Craig Gordon is worth £9m then....

It wouldn't be. Alexander isn't as good as McGregor & what happens when Alexander gets injured? that means we need to put in a youth goalkeeper with no experience or we will have to buy another goal keeper. It's too much hassle even if it is good money for McGregor. I wouldn't sell him.

Would agree that with our financial situation it would make sense with Alexander as an able depute. But if we do have to lose him I'd want him to go to a better side than QPR.

People keep saying as if its true. 3 years ago, yes, he probably was. Now? No chance. Not good enough to step up to be number 1 in my opinion.

People keep saying as if its true. 3 years ago, yes, he probably was. Now? No chance. Not good enough to step up to be number 1.

Are you serious? Behind shagger hes one of the best up here. He made 1 mistake in the falkirk game, Shagger made a mistake in the old firm, could have cost us the game. It just happened that alexander's mistake did cost us the game, Hes perfectly able to do the job. I cant think of another keeper up here that would be much better really.

Are you serious? Behind shagger hes one of the best up here. He made 1 mistake in the falkirk game, Shagger made a mistake in the old firm, could have cost us the game. It just happened that alexander's mistake did cost us the game, Hes perfectly able to do the job. I cant think of another keeper up here that would be much better really.

Nor should there be "up here". We have the best players and the best back up players. Its no wonder there is no one else "up here" to replace Shagger, the standard is emabarrassing. I didnt know our transfers are now limited to just Scotland. <cr>