Bartley racial abuse

gordov

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ye need tae read, and quote, my whole post. Not just the part that suits your agenda.

I did say Chinese. Unless of course they're not. In which case they should be referred to as what they are. eg Mandarin, Taiwanese.

Anything that attempts to put one quality or feeling on an entire race is a racial generalisation. I think you've missed my point, I wasn't saying it's a racial genralisation to mistakinly refer to non-chinese as chinese (although obviously it is) but that it is a racial generalisation in itself to say an entire group prefer to be referred to in a certain way. They're individuals and some of them will have a different preference. Anything that starts "All X..." or "The X..." is probably going to be a racial generalisation.

For anyone who knows where to report this guy such as police :

28iltac.png

The one thing that strikes me about what this cunt wrote is, that he and his friends must use the word "koon" in conversation, and he is writing it the way he hears it.

If it was just something he read somewhere, he would surely know the correct spelling.

I would urge all fellow bears to send all such like complaints to John Lamont MSP Shadow Secretary for Jusice.

John.Lamont.msp@scottish.parliament.uk

He is a Tory, so very much in the minority, but does know how to rattle cages and he did up a grievance of mine with a very successful result!!

If plod are refusin to take up matters of racial 'twitter' abuse and we have the evidence, then pass it on to him and he will get results.

23 June 2011 Last updated at 16:41 Share this pageEmail Print Share this page

23ShareFacebookTwitter.Tory spokesman John Lamont in 'sectarian' school attack John Lamont warned of problems in the west of Scotland school system Continue reading the main story

Related Stories

Salmond delays sectarianism bill

Lord Advocate clarifies hate laws

Century of football sectarianism

The Scottish Tory justice spokesman has accused the west of Scotland school system of overseeing "state-sponsored conditioning of sectarian attitudes".

John Lamont's comments came as MSPs debated emergency laws to increase jail terms for sectarian-related behaviour connected to football.

He said segregating children in Catholic and non-denominational schools contributed to the problem.

The Catholic Church branded the comments "offensive" and "malicious".

Community Safety minister Roseanna Cunningham also attacked Mr Lamont's remarks, describing them as an "astonishing diatribe".

His comments came as MSPs backed the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications Bill at its first vote.

The bill aims to stamp out abusive behaviour from football fans whether they are watching matches in a stadium, in the pub or commenting online.

The legislation, which ministers now want to see passed by the end of the year, would raise the maximum jail term from six months to five years.

It came in the wake of several high-profile football-related incidents.

These include trouble at Rangers/Celtic games and the sending of suspected bombs to Celtic manager Neil Lennon and two other high-profile supporters of the club.

Recalling his time growing up and attending a non-denominational school in Kilwinning, North Ayrshire, Mr Lamont said tensions with a local Catholic school resulted in pupils spitting and throwing stones and eggs at school buses.