stairway to heaven

marmalade1872

The Rangers end was for poofs when the Derry was on the go.

I stood there but I'm not a poof (but my husband is)!!

My Grandfather always stood at the Celtic End even when we played the Mhanks, always stood there with his bunnet and pipe.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to stand in West Enclosure as a boy, a pal from school was a ballboy and his old man the groundsman, so used to get in the front door. Then in mid 70s stood at the top of the terracing next to the mainstand at the Rangers end. Think it was passageway 19 , with the Thronliebank True Blues.

What Marshall were you friends with ED? I was in young David's class at Ibrox primary and Bella secondary, it had its perks didn't it, sheets of the players autographs, nipping on to the park on a friday at dinner time while getting chased by Jock Shaw (Think it was Jock Shaw) across the park, and free grub occasionally, think the whole Marshall family worked at Ibrox at one time, think it all changed when Souness took charge (PS) There was a time when the Rangers were shooting into The Enemys end you would stand there, then just before half time you could make your way round the back of the Centenary Stand to the Rangers end, confused dont be it was fucking great, although the majority of the time I stood at the Rangers end, those were the days, (get your macaroon bar and your spearmint chewing gum)

What Marshall were you friends with ED? I was in young David's class at Ibrox primary and Bella secondary, it had its perks didn't it, sheets of the players autographs, nipping on to the park on a friday at dinner time while getting chased by Jock Shaw (Think it was Jock Shaw) across the park, and free grub occasionally, think the whole Marshall family worked at Ibrox at one time, think it all changed when Souness took charge (PS) There was a time when the Rangers were shooting into The Enemys end you would stand there, then just before half time you could make your way round the back of the Centenary Stand to the Rangers end, confused dont be it was fucking great, although the majority of the time I stood at the Rangers end, those were the days, (get your macaroon bar and your spearmint chewing gum)

Billy the oldest, and Jock Shaw spot on. Yeah Souness bumped Davie and got the guy from Kilmarnock in.

We used to make the trip round behind the Centenary Stand at half-time as well, I recall it was always from the Rangers End to the Celtic End and never vice-versa.

So the tradition of Rangers always attacking the Copland Road in the second half hasn't always been the case.

Fans weren't the only ones who made the trip from Rangers end to celtic end (or vice versa) at half time.

The goal Rangers were shooting into always had a throng of photographers behind it, while the other goal maybe had one or two.

only in the celtic end once a sunday game against dundee because of the miners strike something to do with the floodlights wasant a good day

only in the celtic end once a sunday game against dundee because of the miners strike something to do with the floodlights wasant a good day

...aye, first ever game to be played on a Sunday. It was a Scottish cup tie in 1974, and Dundee (Jocky Scott in particular) RAPED us !!

Finished 3-0 to Dundee in front of 60,000. (Later that season on a Scottish Cup day in March, we played a "friendly" against ManUre at O.T. and won 3-2...GREAT day out !)

...aye, first ever game to be played on a Sunday. It was a Scottish cup tie in 1074, and Dundee (Jocky Scott in particular) RAPED us !!

Finished 3-0 to Dundee in front of 60,000. (Later that season on a Scottish Cup day in March, we played a "friendly" against ManUre at O.T. and won 3-2...GREAT day out !)

You really are old school! :lol:

...aye, first ever game to be played on a Sunday. It was a Scottish cup tie in 1074, and Dundee (Jocky Scott in particular) RAPED us !!

Are you a ghost or a zombie or something?

were you allowed to stand anywhere once you had a ticket???

Yeah, once you were in the ground you could find a spot to stand at and move from there later if you wanted. The only times you were prevented from standing where you wanted, was at an Old Firm game, where you had to stay at the end you had bought a ticket for.

were you allowed to stand anywhere once you had a ticket???

We paid real cash in those days old boy, or got a lift ower the turnstile.

Once you were on the terracing, you could stand wherever you wanted from where the Copland is now, through where the Govan is, right round to the Broomloan.

Enclosure and Main Stand were dearer, so you couldn't go there.

...aye, first ever game to be played on a Sunday. It was a Scottish cup tie in 1974, and Dundee (Jocky Scott in particular) RAPED us !!

Was in that end also that day.

Not only the result but I remember it being very gloomy, nearly dark at full time.

the game at old trafford was a testimonial for alex forsyth left e.k at 5 am got back 24hrs later and it was bedlam from start to finish.used to stand at no 6 in the sixties which now probably centre of broamloan rear.

Was my 21st that day............and was at the Man U game travelled up from Birmingham at the time with a few Birmingham fans they loved the whole day out. You remember chasing them round to their end of the park.

Just under the winning runner's left elbow...in front of the pole.

2iad0t5.jpg

excuse me borrowing your fantastic picture for a moment :rolleyes:

to the left of the runners No.7 for me and when the bouncie starts(correct me if im wrong but was it not in the enclosure that the bouncie originated) in there when you are tucking into yer pie an bovril :drool: you really should do the sensible thing and get as much in yer mouth and just drop the rest or end up wearing it as your carried along a few rows, aaah those were the days (tu)

We used to make the trip round behind the Centenary Stand at half-time as well, I recall it was always from the Rangers End to the Celtic End and never vice-versa.

So the tradition of Rangers always attacking the Copland Road in the second half hasn't always been the case.

I did it as well hp, I mentioned it in another post, but it wasn't always Rangers end to the enemys end sometimes it WAS the other way round, I remember it clearly

I did it as well hp, I mentioned it in another post, but it wasn't always Rangers end to the enemys end sometimes it WAS the other way round, I remember it clearly

Was the sun not more of a factor in those days, before Ibrox became so enclosed?

The sun would be more likely to be in the goalie's vision if he was in the Rangers end in the first half...if it was sunny of course. :D

By the time the second half started in winter, it was starting to get dark (mostly 3pm kick offs).

So, if we won the toss, we'd shoot into the Rangers end first on a sunny day to get a wee advantage?