Tax case coming to an end

DIESEL RFC

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe if we lost the case and went into administration HMRC would not be that bothered as it would allow them to go after other cases. And with even having to write off the money we owe them, it might not bother them as winning the case was their goal. But let us hope we win the case and get back to normal.

Unfortunately I think your right. I pray to god we win this.

T h e m o n e y t h a t w a s p a i d i n t o t h e E B T s c h e m e , t h a t H M R C h a v e a c c u s e d u s o f u s i n g f o r w a g e s .

The money went to the player, we used the scheme to get bigger name players to the club on higher wages.

It's kind of like when you get your pay slip at the end of the week, and you look at the amount of Tax and NI you contribute and sigh. Well we used the scheme to slim line the amount paid out to Tax and NI and the player got it all in a basic wage.

The scheme was only supposed to be used on bonuses, not basic wages. hence why HMRC are contesting it. We are disputing that it is legal to do both. hence why the court case.

Why on Earth have you typed it like that?

And we did have the EBT scheme. That's not what's being debated. It's legality of that scheme.

Unless I've totally misunderstood this whole thing since day 1 :unsure:

Was spelling it out. Maybe, I've misunderstood it from day 1. If so I apologise. My understanding was it was perfectly legal to have an EBT scheme, but we were accused of using it illegally(paying wages.

Was spelling it out. Maybe, I've misunderstood it from day 1. If so I apologise. My understanding was it was perfectly legal to have an EBT scheme, but we were accused of using it illegally(paying wages.

The money that went into the EBT was paid to players. HMRC allege that we used the scheme illegally so we owe tax on that money.

Whether that is true or not, the money went to the players. Would you prefer I type it with a gap between each letter?

The money that went into the EBT was paid to players. HMRC allege that we used the scheme illegally so we owe tax on that money.

Whether that is true or not, the money went to the players. Would you prefer I type it with a gap between each letter?

My understanding was that we were disputing that the money went to players, not the legality of using an EBT to pay wages.