The madness of Steven Whittakers contract

pcbear

Quoted to be anything between 20k and 26k a week, fair enough Davis and McGregor getting big bucks to protect their value in the transfer market, but i dont get the Whittaker wage hike,he has had some quality games for us but his awful ones outweigh them by 10-15/1, and we would be lucky to get anywhere near the £2m we coughed up for him.

If we had accepted the £1m ish from the Turkish team which would have then freed up his obscene wage, the January transfer window would be looking a fair bit healthier.

Whittaker could have been replaced with 3 quality additions to our squad with change as well.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this boy Jaager is any good and signs for us then hopefully we can move Whittaker up the park because he's far more effective when he's not defending. I agree he is paid far too much like quite a few at the club IMO but we can do nothing about it and maybe another club will come on for him in the summer or even sooner who knows!

I couldnt and stll cant get my head around it and he had the cheek to knock back some of our offers. To me this has been the worst decision to date and he should have been told to close the door on his way out.

This. We shouldn't have been held to ransom over his contract, he's not that valuable to us.

Having said that, he's not on the kind of money spoken about, less than £20k per week.

really dont think hes on more than 20k aweek but still should have never got a new contract been utter shite past 2 seasons

I though he done alright last season...maybe not hitting the heights he got to in the previous couple but your spot on about this year...utter tripe!

He cost us the CL Play off game with his stupidity then has been getting turned inside out by most SPL wide men since. It seems his form totally went after getting his bumper contract, whatever that amount actually is.

His deal made me think Whyte meant real Business.....

Turns out it was A Massive Error.

The Boys has cost us Millions since and has got worse and worse.

Should never have been given as long a deal on such terms.

(tu) And because he's been with us for 3 in a row and played in Europe etc some people think this is ok for him to get this.

There is a time when players have to move on.

The amount of Rabs,Tams and Boabs that skin him every time down the left wing leading to goals aplenty against us is a stat that cant be denied,imo you could not make a right back out of a Whittaker/Broadfoot combo.

We have been weak at RB ever since Hutton left us, it's one possition we need to get right as teams like ICT murdered us down that side at Ibrox a few weeks back.

I though he done alright last season...maybe not hitting the heights he got to in the previous couple but your spot on about this year...utter tripe!

He cost us the CL Play off game with his stupidity then has been getting turned inside out by most SPL wide men since. It seems his form totally went after getting his bumper contract, whatever that amount actually is.

most the goals we lose are from the right side st mirren game as a prime example

Quoted to be anything between 20k and 26k a week, fair enough Davis and McGregor getting big bucks to protect their value in the transfer market, but i dont get the Whittaker wage hike,he has had some quality games for us but his awful ones outweigh them by 10-15/1, and we would be lucky to get anywhere near the £2m we coughed up for him.

If we had accepted the £1m ish from the Turkish team which would have then freed up his obscene wage, the January transfer window would be looking a fair bit healthier.

Whittaker could have been replaced with 3 quality additions to our squad with change as well.

He is without dobt the most overrated player we have on our books just now.

He is decent going forward at best and a horrendous defender the rest of the time.

He will now be here for the next fiVe years living off the big bucks of his contract

Personally i like Whitaker, i think he is a good player.

When you see him warming up, as well as some of the cracking goals he has scored for us you can tell he is very good technically.

Truth is though that the guy cant defend for toffee though, which is a quality you really want in a RB.

Unfortunately he seems to pretty ineffectual at RW or RM too, so i really dont know where he could be played to get the best out of him.

Personally i like Whitaker, i think he is a good player.

When you see him warming up, as well as some of the cracking goals he has scored for us you can tell he is very good technically.

Truth is though that the guy cant defend for toffee though, which is a quality you really want in a RB.

Unfortunately he seems to pretty ineffectual at RW or RM too, so i really dont know where he could be played to get the best out of him.

I thought his best spell was when he was chucked in as an emergency centre back for a short time, once against Cetic for a reason that totally escapes me but he did have a stormer.