Fleck loan deal done

Misteral

I don't think we'll see him in a Gers top again but I hope he does well.

Neither do i as this is more than just a football decision.

If our squad was top heavy with talented midfielders i could see the point of loaning him out but we aren't. McCoist is relying on the same 3 in Davis, Edu and McCulloch to get us to the end of the season. So who plays in the centre if Davis gets injured or suspended?

Neither do i as this is more than just a football decision.

If our squad was top heavy with talented midfielders i could see the point of loaning him out but we aren't. McCoist is relying on the same 3 in Davis, Edu and McCulloch to get us to the end of the season. So who plays in the centre if Davis gets injured or suspended?

It's more of a financial thing for me.

It sounds like we moved him on to free up wages, but if we sign Jaager and Celik permanently then that'll use up more than the £5,000 weekly that Fleck was on.

Where will that money come from if he comes back?

It sounds like we moved him on to free up wages, but if we sign Jaager and Celik permanently then that'll use up more than the £5,000 weekly that Fleck was on.

Assuming of course that Blackpool have taken on all of his wages?

Assuming of course that Blackpool have taken on all of his wages?

Impossible to say, isn't it?

I'd imagine they must be paying most if not all of it. I don't think Whyte seems like the sort of guy that would pay someone £100,000 for a six month loan spell at another club.

Hopefully by the time Fleck comes back McCulloch will be gone which should free up a fair few bob, I am quite sure McCulloch's weekly wage will almost cover what Rangers will pay Fleck, Jaager and Celik. Also the likes of Healy, Broadfoot, Ortiz, McKay, Badoya will probably be moved on come the summer.

You would think by the start on next season we would have 3 or 4 high earners off our wage bill like Jelavic, Whittaker, Jig and Papac (Since he's not signed a new deal). So wages will be down overall even if John comes back although like a few on here I doubt he will come back.

Hopefully Ness can shake off the injuries because he is a real talent and is needed in the middle.

Hopefully by the time Fleck comes back McCulloch will be gone which should free up a fair few bob, I am quite sure McCulloch's weekly wage will almost cover what Rangers will pay Fleck, Jaager and Celik. Also the likes of Healy, Broadfoot, Ortiz, McKay, Badoya will probably be moved on come the summer.

I have a horrible gut feeling though that next season is going to see a lot of changes to our playing staff with quite a few of our key players being moved on or released.

No CL football this season and the prospect of it being very slim means that the wages and overheads will need slashed dramatically as Whyte has already hinted at.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see all the players earning over £10k per week being sold or asked to take a pay cut.

I have a horrible gut feeling though that next season is going to see a lot of changes to our playing staff with quite a few of our key players being moved on or released.

No CL football this season and the prospect of it being very slim means that the wages and overheads will need slashed dramatically as Whyte has already hinted at.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see all the players earning over £10k per week being sold or asked to take a pay cut.

We should all of been aware this was going to be the case as when Whyte took over he told us if we are to run efficiently as a club then we need to slash a few million £’s from the wage bill. We offered improved deals to our biggest assets in the hope they don’t leave for buttons like Boyd and Miller, if the tax case goes against us then we will see these players moved on next season for a decent fee not the 500k we got for one of our better players.

Whittaker IMO won’t be much of a loss as he has not hit the heights he made for himself in the last 2 seasons.

Davis of course has quality and is one of our best players but again this season has been average and with Ness, McKay, Fleck, Bedoya ect hopefully these can cover.

Greggs – Will be a loss but Alexander while not getting any younger is still a quality goalkeeper and one of the best in the SPL.

Jelavic – Our best player and will be a loss but if we can get in another forward like the Polish lad on loan or Sandaza then you never know.

We just have to wait and see what happens as everything can change in a flash especially when football is concerned, we all thought 4 years ago we were going to struggle badly and look at how we have done.

You would think by the start on next season we would have 3 or 4 high earners off our wage bill like Jelavic, Whittaker, Jig and Papac (Since he's not signed a new deal). So wages will be down overall even if John comes back although like a few on here I doubt he will come back.

Hopefully Ness can shake off the injuries because he is a real talent and is needed in the middle.

Ally has already stated that he wants to get Sasa tied down for another year, Jig is contracted til 2013 and there has been no hint that Whittaker has been touted to other clubs or that anyone would actually want him. I fully expect all 3 of them to be here next season.

Ally has already stated that he wants to get Sasa tied down for another year, Jig is contracted til 2013 and there has been no hint that Whittaker has been touted to other clubs or that anyone would actually want him. I fully expect all 3 of them to be here next season.

Some guys on here yesterday said Papac is leaving and turned down the offer?

Whittaker should go and I'm sure a championship club can take him as he's on far too much money for what he offers us. If palyers like Conway can get a move down there then so can Whittaker.

Sadly so do i.

Whittaker will not be leaving as i doubt anyone will bid for him and especially not now since singing his new and improved contract. As for McCulloch...he should do the decent thing and ask to leave at the end of the season and go to a team more suited to his level as it is clearly not Rangers.

Papac..i am 50/50 on whether he stays or goes. If he stays then we have a reliable and experienced defender. If he goes then it means Wallace should get a run in his preferred position.

Jelavic, Davis, McGregor sadly i fully expect to see all 3 sold whether they want to stay or not.

Wage bill reduced dramatically to around £10m to £12m per annum meaning top wages of around £10k per week maximum.