If ever there was a time for keeping it on the deck

nvager

Now is the time for pure football. Keeping the ball on the deck and pass and move stuff.

The older bears will remember a famous 60's M'well team with a great small forward line with the likes of Ian St.John, Pat Quinn, Willie Hunter, Joe McBride, etc.

They were deadly most times. Great to watch too.

If this current Rangers team can come close to emanating that forward line we will easily win this title.

With the right motivation and creativity from Aluko, Davis and Celik and others doing their part we CAN do this. It IS within our reach.

Lennon is now under great pressure. He is so much the favourite now. He will be shitting himself if we run them close.

Keep believing.

Heart keeps believing mate, head says no.

Football has moved on since those days. Like it or not a forward line like that wouldn't cut it in the SPL today where physical prescence and athleticism is at least as important as skill.

Heart keeps believing mate, head says no.

Football has moved on since those days. Like it or not a forward line like that wouldn't cut it in the SPL today where physical prescence and athleticism is at least as important as skill.

St John went to Liverpool and became a legend there. Size made no difference at all.

Now is the time for pure football. Keeping the ball on the deck and pass and move stuff.

The older bears will remember a famous 60's M'well team with a great small forward line with the likes of Ian St.John, Pat Quinn, Willie Hunter, Joe McBride, etc.

If this current Rangers team can come close to emanating that forward line we will easily win this title.

With the right motivation and creativity from Aluko, Davis and Celik and others doing their part we CAN do this. It IS within our reach.

Lennon is now under great pressure. He is so much the favourite now. He will be shitting himself if we run them close.

Keep believing.

Motherwell have a history of playing good football.

Willie Pettigrew and David Graham are a pairing we would take right now.

Bobby Watson, was a bit of a player too, as well as being a good Protestant preacher who played for the Teddies with distinction.

I like the point about the pressure being on that lot now. They have proved in the past that they cannot handle it....ICT last year the best example.

They have had a fair run of luck this season (jambos last minute penalty miss was a key one for them and Alukos penalty decision at rugby park was a key one for us). I firmly believe these things even themselves out over the season. I am also hopeful that their unfair pressure on referees and reliance on SFA/Lunny will bite them on the arse.

We are past masters of being in this situation and we know they are likely to implode as the pressure starts to build. Keep believing, keep digging but most importantly keep following.

Look at how we've played without Jela. No more injuries and we can do it playing a nice passing and counter attacking game.

Brilliant post OP. Brought the spirits back up. :21:

We need to see our creative players go uninjured. That is our greatest danger.

Keep believing.

That gets a rep from me. (tu)

Now, more than ever, we need to pull together and give the players and management support like never before. :21::21:

Good point Oz! What about McKay?!

Well by the way things have gone for him the past few months,Alex. it would depend on who you ask about him I would say :rolleyes:

If you're asking me, I'd say he's big enough and good enough to play in the SPL,even allowing for the fact he's not even on the same planet when it comes to the other two wee guys I mentioned previously :pipe:

We should really have kept Fleck in our squad for playing on the deck like you suggest nvager. Not so much for starting every game, but for rotation. While so many people don't rate Fleck, I'm the opposite and still rate him very highly as an attacking mid and creator of chances.

We should really have kept Fleck in our squad for playing on the deck like you suggest nvager. Not so much for starting every game, but for rotation. While so many people don't rate Fleck, I'm the opposite and still rate him very highly as an attacking mid and creator of chances.

this (tu)

in hindsight it looks like an even worse move to loan him out given the happenings of the last 24 hours. Our midfield needs to be gunning creating stacks of chances and chipping in with goals themselves if we are to win the league and an injury along the way could cause us strife. Fleck could have filled that gap well imo.