Rangers will probably not have a huge tax bill

BallochBear

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

?

Do you really think our club is a business run without creditors? Every business runs on credit. It enables the business to stay more liquid, credit can be seen as a cash buffer. there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

PS no need to shout. :craphead:

I am not sure about that, i am of the complete opposite opinion to that part.

I am not sure about that, i am of the complete opposite opinion to that part.

lol, you dont know much about business then

i say again, it's impossible to be a business without borrowing in some shape of fashion. unless you're a hippy selling shell necklaces to tourists.

lol, you dont know much about business then

i say again, it's impossible to be a business without borrowing in some shape of fashion. unless you're a hippy selling shell necklaces to tourists.

Thats a bit arrogant and cheeky given that you dont know me, i only disagreed with you saying there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. Personally speaking living outwith our own means is not a life i lead and its not a life i want my football club leading either. If there is something i or the club cannot afford then we have to do without, its that simple, and i do. This is a problem many people in society are facing nowadays, mounting debts because they have been living way beyond their means, living lives of credit, thats no way to live.

Thats a bit arrogant and cheeky given that you dont know me, i only disagreed with you saying there was absolutely nothing wrong with it. Personally speaking living outwith our own means is not a life i lead and its not a life i want my football club leading either. If there is something i or the club cannot afford then we have to do without, its that simple, and i do. This is a problem many people in society are facing nowadays, mounting debts because they have been living way beyond their means, living lives of credit, thats no way to live.

do you use electricity in your house?

i guess you do...

do you pay for your electricity before you use it? i'm guessing you do not.

that means the electricity company is a creditor to you

it's clear you dont know what you are talking about, and see creditor and credit as big scary words. they are not, and it is like i said, perfectly normal to use credit, it's almost impossible for a company to not use credit.

taking out large long term loans is something entirely different, if that is what you were talking about then perhaps you'd have a point. but i wasn't talking about long term loans, i was always talking about credit. so your argument is irrelevant.

Quite optimistic about the case but even if we lose i doubt we'd have to stump up £49m. My guess is £15m-£20m which would be paid off and finally Whyte can get down to business. I think it could well be a very exciting summer.

I also reckon it could be in that ballpark if it goes against us.

HMRC waive penalties and interest where they will endanger a business.

If they get their pound of flesh with a settlement they will take it.

It makes no sense of them to push for £49m they can't get.

I also reckon it could be in that ballpark if it goes against us.

HMRC waive penalties and interest where they will endanger a business.

If they get their pound of flesh with a settlement they will take it.

It makes no sense of them to push for £49m they can't get.

I hope that's the case, however, they could quite easily use us to set an example. This whole thing has been very very public. So, the HMRC might take the loss of money if they see it as being worth their while. If they think that they will gain more tax and ni from businesses whom are scared to use the ebt or any other schemes in the same way, then no doubt they will do it. Sometimes they like to take a stance against certain companies as well, in order to show their metal.

Thats the only other way I can see it, and I'm happy to say the argument's a bit flimsy, so hopefully it will not turn out that way.

i guess you do...

it's clear you dont know what you are talking about, and see creditor and credit as big scary words. they are not, and it is like i said, perfectly normal to use credit, it's almost impossible for a company to not use credit.

taking out large long term loans is something entirely different, if that is what you were talking about then perhaps you'd have a point. but i wasn't talking about long term loans, i was always talking about credit. so your argument is irrelevant.

Not always ... if they over estimate a bill they owe you money until the next time they read the meter

it's clear you dont know what you are talking about, and see creditor and credit as big scary words. they are not, and it is like i said, perfectly normal to use credit

Your guess would be wrong along with 90% of everything else you have been saying.

Thanks.

We'd probably offer them 500k

No, we'd pay even more than the £5m, although that would include the court costs, the lawyer's fees and all the other additional costs which surround these things. Of course we wouldn't include any possible multi-million pound rebate which we got just an hour or two prior to the tax year ending!

i guess you do...

What happens when you don't pay the leccy bill when it comes in? :rolleyes:

Yup....you can't work your PC to stick a pos.......(eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)

I'd love this to be totally true and maybe it is but I've an acquaintance who is a tax accountant and while this is not his specific area he has of course asked around and the general feeling around all the major tax accountants is that they have no idea which way this will go.

Hopefully the OP's contact has some inside knowledge of our specific case and therefore in a better position to know the outcome.

It does seem hard to believe that if it's a simple as being mostly covered by insurance that there's such a fuss about it and it would only serve to highlight the poor investigative journalism in this country