Ally hopeful of adding to attacking options.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about no more of this bullshit of relying on individual brilliance to save games and instead focusing on getting the current squad to play proper football as an organised unit?

a superb idea mate, one that seemingly has been lost over time at ibrox

its like the good old 90;s (except we are worse)

have a team full of workers that when they have the ball give it to laudrup (aluko) and gazza (davis) and pray to god they aint having a bad day at the office

have a team full of workers that when they have the ball give it to laudrup (aluko) and gazza (davis) and pray to god they aint having a bad day at the office

Can't believe you have just compared Gazza and Davis.

how is it like the good ol'90s at all?

How about no more of this bullshit of relying on individual brilliance to save games and instead focusing on getting the current squad to play proper football as an organised unit?

It's one thing having to watch the team play like they are, it's even worse being on the other side of the world and having to stay up past midnight to do so. Not just pissed off, but tired and pissed off.

I hear ya, and I get beat it to make you feel better!

I can't even watch the game! I subscribe to Rangers TV--they don't even have the game and are no playing the hightlights. I had to scour Youtube just to see this

the fucking misery!

Football snobbery? Maybe he's an as of yet undiscovered gem, waiting to be unearthed? Is he not also a fully capped Cameroon international? I don't believe we should be writing players off without even seing them, based on the club they currently/ last played at.

It is not ,as you put it,"football snobbery" It is a simple fact that since 2006 this young man has played 1 season in the Malaysian league then decided to go to Europe in 2007 where he applied for trials at both West Ham and Arsenal which came to nothing.

He then decided to try his luck in the USA with Crystal Palace Baltimore who play in the USL- Second division (which is basically the 4th division) and was with them for 2 seasons.In 2008 he had a trial with the New York Red Bulls in the MLS and duly signed for them,but after playing 12 games in that season he was released in 2009 to the USL-second division side Richmond Kickers where he played one solitary game before moving back to CPB on loan where he played 3 games.

In 2010 he re-joined CPB where he played 25 games and scored 2 goals,before trying his luck in Europe once again with Dinamo Bucharest,where he has failed to make the reserve squad.

So to sum up the career of this 26 year old, we have a guy who since 2006 has played 8 games in the Malaysian League (3 goals)...12 games in the MSL (2 goals)....62 games in the American 4th division (11 goals)

Considering that he is classed as an attacking Midfielder and that guys like Ortiz,Bedoya,McKay,Fleck,Wylde are sitting in the stands most weeks, do you think we are going to add to the wage bill with this guy?

I have no problem with us giving people trials where we could perhaps pick up a rough diamond that would benefit the club, but I've a feeling that all we are doing is wasting this guys time...and ours.

Our current options for striker are abysmal.

That's a poor excuse. The midfielders weren't even putting nice balls across the box or passing around and drawing the defence out of position, how exactly is a striker going to help that unless it's some sheer piece of individual brilliance that we simply cannot afford? And do we really want to be an inefficient big-buying club?

Defensively our structure was, well, unstructured, and we were beaten down the flanks as well. Our midfielders couldn't maintain possession and the attacking midfielders were not even pressuring the DU defence, let alone getting good balls in. And when one of the MANY high and long balls got lumped at the strikers from a poor and predictable angle we didn't have a tall man to get on the end of it, let alone a 2nd man up there to head it down to.

Not one component of the Rangers side played well in its own right, let alone transitioning between them and playing well as a whole team. It was a disorganised nightmare, the type that can only happen so uniformly across a side when it's the result of poor management. DU were a more organised unit and it showed.

Anyone seen the side train lately? WTF do they do?

Simple facts.

The club have known since December Jelavic was leaving.

We had two months to find a striker or strikers and we signed a complete unknown in Celik who isn't even a striker. In fact after yesterdays performance i have serious doubts he's even a footballer.

We ended up signing no one and now we have McCoist saying he is still looking...in the bargain basement of free transfers and rejects.

I know the tax case is causing problems but we should still have been able to bring in a couple of players even if just for 6 months on loan.

My link

What do we think, will he? Can we pull another Aluko out of the bag? Any strikers out there who would do a job on a free?

Daniel Cousin is available, and personally I'd love to see him ragdoll the celtc defence one more time.

Daniel Cousin at the african nations was quite good id deffo bring him bk

It is not ,as you put it,"football snobbery" It is a simple fact that since 2006 this young man has played 1 season in the Malaysian league then decided to go to Europe in 2007 where he applied for trials at both West Ham and Arsenal which came to nothing.

He then decided to try his luck in the USA with Crystal Palace Baltimore who play in the USL- Second division (which is basically the 4th division) and was with them for 2 seasons.In 2008 he had a trial with the New York Red Bulls in the MLS and duly signed for them,but after playing 12 games in that season he was released in 2009 to the USL-second division side Richmond Kickers where he played one solitary game before moving back to CPB on loan where he played 3 games.

In 2010 he re-joined CPB where he played 25 games and scored 2 goals,before trying his luck in Europe once again with Dinamo Bucharest,where he has failed to make the reserve squad.

So to sum up the career of this 26 year old, we have a guy who since 2006 has played 8 games in the Malaysian League (3 goals)...12 games in the MSL (2 goals)....62 games in the American 4th division (11 goals)

Considering that he is classed as an attacking Midfielder and that guys like Ortiz,Bedoya,McKay,Fleck,Wylde are sitting in the stands most weeks, do you think we are going to add to the wage bill with this guy?

I have no problem with us giving people trials where we could perhaps pick up a rough diamond that would benefit the club, but I've a feeling that all we are doing is wasting this guys time...and ours.

Granted, his stats aren't overly impressive (out of interest any idea on his assist stats?) BUT, stats don't always tell the full story. For example, a player in a side considered weak within it's own division will struggle to acheive as much as an equally able player in a stronger team therein.

I don't know enough about this player, or indeed his former clubs, to formulate an opinion based on stats alone. You may well be correct in saying this could be a waste of his time and ours, however to dismiss him before even having a look- which is how I interpreted your original statement- would be daft, especially given the circumstances we find ourselves in.

With regards to the five players you mentioned sitting in the stand, two of them have gone out on loan, Wylde has made a fair few appearances and for whatever reason (hopefuly time will tell) Ally just doesn't sem to fancy the other 2.

Simple facts.

The club have known since December Jelavic was leaving.

We had two months to find a striker or strikers and we signed a complete unknown in Celik who isn't even a striker. In fact after yesterdays performance i have serious doubts he's even a footballer.

We ended up signing no one and now we have McCoist saying he is still looking...in the bargain basement of free transfers and rejects.

I know the tax case is causing problems but we should still have been able to bring in a couple of players even if just for 6 months on loan.

The chairman obviously disagrees.....

However at least we have some pedigree in other areas of the park. Up front we have 2 guys who are 23-24yrs old and have did nothing in their careers, and a 32yr old who has did little of note for about 4yrs, and scored just 7 goals in those 4 seasons!

You have a point. There was certainly a place for a striker during the transfer window, though I wonder whether Ally was obsessed with getting a multi million pound striker and we probably could've aimed lower. In reality there are some quite cheap strikers consistently knocking balls past keepers in various leagues when they're getting good service, and we shouldn't need any more up front to handle the SPL. Unfortunately strikers producing goals out of nothing cannot be on our radar in the current financial state.

Granted, his stats aren't overly impressive (out of interest any idea on his assist stats?) BUT, stats don't always tell the full story. For example, a player in a side considered weak within it's own division will struggle to acheive as much as an equally able player in a stronger team therein.

I don't know enough about this player, or indeed his former clubs, to formulate an opinion based on stats alone. You may well be correct in saying this could be a waste of his time and ours, however to dismiss him before even having a look- which is how I interpreted your original statement- would be daft, especially given the circumstances we find ourselves in.

With regards to the five players you mentioned sitting in the stand, two of them have gone out on loan, Wylde has made a fair few appearances and for whatever reason (hopefuly time will tell) Ally just doesn't sem to fancy the other 2.

I'm all for giving a player the chance to prove himself,god knows I've signed enough myself through the years who were regarded as shite at other clubs,but for me this guys history and where he has failed to get games tells me that even if he did show enough to get a contract, he would not benefit us in any way while drawing a wage from us,because my point is that if the likes of Ortiz,and Fleck (the two loaned out) and Bedoya and McKay are way ahead of him in ability (and experience) so we should be looking for players who play in a certain area where we need them badly,before giving trials to more midfielders such as this guy.

Actually! the point that we have Fleck and a guy who has played in the top flight in La Liga loaned out when we are in dire straits more or less enforces my point about midfielders not being our priority.

*Edit...Sorry I don't have thew assist stats for Matthew Mbuta.

Just out of curiosity, after watching the sorry state affairs we are in yesterday and with Ally having to resort ot playing Kerkar and Little up front, do those who were set against Boyd returning still happy that we didnt make a move for him?

Just out of curiosity, after watching the sorry state affairs we are in yesterday and with Ally having to resort ot playing Kerkar and Little up front, do those who were set against Boyd returning still happy that we didnt make a move for him?

We would never of been able to afford him anyway, why would he come back and play for less than he was on before?

He’s on bigger money in America and the club never made any attempt or showed a flicker of interest in him to start with.

We couldn’t afford Sandaza so Boyd was a non starter.

I'm all for giving a player the chance to prove himself,god knows I've signed enough myself through the years who were regarded as shite at other clubs,but for me this guys history and where he has failed to get games tells me that even if he did show enough to get a contract, he would not benefit us in any way while drawing a wage from us,because my point is that if the likes of Ortiz,and Fleck (the two loaned out) and Bedoya and McKay are way ahead of him in ability (and experience) so we should be looking for players who play in a certain area where we need them badly,before giving trials to more midfielders such as this guy.

Actually! the point that we have Fleck and a guy who has played in the top flight in La Liga loaned out when we are in dire straits more or less enforces my point about midfielders not being our priority.

*Edit...Sorry I don't have thew assist stats for Matthew Mbuta.

The points you make are all valid, however we've allowed ourselves to digress from my original riposte- I was merely saying that I don't believe we should narrow our search for new players by excluding nations/divisions not seen as stellar. The fact that an individual (not necessarily Mbuta) is playing in a lower division doesn't mean that he couldn't do us a job.

Do we actually need to play a 'striker' up front ? The modern game has developed so much now that teams can play without a recognised striker. Stick Aluko through the middle maybe ?

Name more than 2 teams who play without a recognised striker.