To all those who have given up...

offminorthreat

Remember this? Or had you already given up then too?

Having had a few hours to reflect on yesterdays shambles, it is important to remember that this is going to be a hard slog and we may or may not do it but that never means it is time to give up.

THE CRY WAS NO SURRENDER :crabflute:

Remember this? Or had you already given up then too?

Having had a few hours to reflect on yesterdays shambles, it is important to remember that this is going to be a hard slog and we may or may not do it but that never means it is time to give up.

THE CRY WAS NO SURRENDER :crabflute:

Happy Days.

Big difference.

We had Dado and Novo up front not Kerkar and Little.

We need goals to win the league and after watching yesterday we have very few ideas never mind goals..but saying that i've the flags on standby and the party hats and flute band ready if we should do it.Expect the mother of all parties.

It's not a case of giving up its being realistic - the current team have virtually no chance of the title. There are players right through teams at the lower end of the SPL that could come in and do better than the current lot. From the first few minutes yesterday you could see that they were never going to win that game.

It's not a case of giving up its being realistic - the current team have virtually no chance of the title. There are players right through teams at the lower end of the SPL that could come in and do better than the current lot. From the first few minutes yesterday you could see that they were never going to win that game.

Take a wee swatch at the league table, check the points differential, then look at the only team above us, and consider their record of bottling it.

Failing that, buy a ticket to France and go on a cheese eating holiday.

It’s optimism of the highest order.

Of course we will never give up until there is no chance of winning the title but in the days gone by where we have won it on the last day ect we have had players like Miller, Boyd, Novo, Prso, De Boer, Mols ect who all were goal scorers and a few of them right good footballers.

We are at the stage where guys who have not had game time for us in almost a full season are being asked to fire us to the title…Guys like Healy, Little, Kerkar ect are not out and out strikers who will score as many goals as Hooper and Stokes.

From back to middle we are fine and should be able to better 99% of teams we face but up top we are not even in the top 5 regarding strikers in the SPL imo.

Lafferty is the only decent striker we have and it’s a HUGE ask expecting him to start firing in goals after he has been plagued with injuries all season long.

That statement is contradictory in my view. "I am not giving up, I am just being realistic that I will not succeed". I wonder how the players, as paid professionals rather than passionate supporters, feel about their chances of 4IAR when passionate supporters such as yourself are just "being realistic" that they cannot win it when they are only 1 point at the start of February.

Could be very interesting come Wednesday night if the taigs drop points.

That statement is contradictory in my view. "I am not giving up, I am just being realistic that I will not succeed". I wonder how the players, as paid professionals rather than passionate supporters, feel about their chances of 4IAR when passionate supporters such as yourself are just "being realistic" that they cannot win it when they are only 1 point at the start of February.

Could also just be a big kick in the teeth when they more and likely go and win there..

And being realistic is different to giving up, I won't stop going to Ibrox to support the team, but lets be honest it doesn't look very bright does it?

The players are supposed to be professionals, as you said. They get paid to make it happen, it depends on them. I dont care wether they believe or not, they are not getting paid to believe, what they are getting paid for is to do their best for the club and make the fans proud, wether if theres a chance to win the title or not. Do they make you proud? Cause its not your fault that we lost 9 points advantage, and neither is mine. We are just fans with opinions. They are the footballers and they have to work on the pitch to deserve all that money they get. Which, nowadays, they barely do imo.

Could also just be a big kick in the teeth when they more and likely go and win there..

And being realistic is different to giving up, I won't stop going to Ibrox to support the team, but lets be honest it doesn't look very bright does it?

I agree, it does not look likely. However (and i could be wrong on this) the last time the mhanks lost was to the Jambos and the last time they even dropped points was back in October - they will drop points eventually and there has to be a fair chance of that being soon, perhaps Wednesday.

We just have to hope like hell that we can keep in touch with them, as they will likely bottle it if we do.

The players are supposed to be professionals, as you said. They get paid to make it happen, it depends on them. I dont care wether they believe or not, they are not getting paid to believe, what they are getting paid for is to do their best for the club and make the fans proud, wether if theres a chance to win the title or not. Do they make you proud? Cause its not your fault that we lost 9 points advantage, and neither is mine. We are just fans with opinions. They are the footballers and they have to work on the pitch to deserve all that money they get. Which, nowadays, they barely do imo.

I can't argue with a word of what you said, but it is like if the boss calls you in at your job and tells you that you are doing a pish job - some will try to motivate you to do better, others won't. Guess i am just a believer that professionals can be motivated successfully...

I agree, it does not look likely. However (and i could be wrong on this) the last time the mhanks lost was to the Jambos and the last time they even dropped points was back in October - they will drop points eventually and there has to be a fair chance of that being soon, perhaps Wednesday.

We just have to hope like hell that we can keep in touch with them, as they will likely bottle it if we do.

I think the last time was the 3-3 game away to Killie when they dropped points..

Tynecastle is as tough a place to go in the SPL as any, but i never try and get my hopes up for obvious reasons.

I can't argue with a word of what you said, but it is like if the boss calls you in at your job and tells you that you are doing a pish job - some will try to motivate you to do better, others won't. Guess i am just a believer that professionals can be motivated successfully...

They can, mate, but not everyone is able to motivate them. And to be fair, that is not an easy job. The modern footballers have got everything they could possibly wish for - great life, lots of money, all the chicks they can get, most of the time they can afford any decent house they want, they can do everything. The only thing they need to do in return is to be professionals for a good few hours every day, and most importantly to do their best in the weekends. They stopped doing that few months ago. But like i said, maybe McCoist is not the right man to motivate them. I would happily accept the Alex Ferguson kicking boots mode when he hit Beckham. Right now the Rangers players need a good kick in the ass.

I think the last time was the 3-3 game away to Killie when they dropped points..

Tynecastle is as tough a place to go in the SPL as any, but i never try and get my hopes up for obvious reasons.

To be completely honest with you, on that day when they went to 3-3 after they were 3-0 down and we let Thompson equalise in the last minute, i got the feeling that something bad is going to happen to us :(

They can, mate, but not everyone is able to motivate them. And to be fair, that is not an easy job. The modern footballers have got everything they could possibly wish for - great life, lots of money, all the chicks they can get, most of the time they can afford any decent house they want, they can do everything. The only thing they need to do in return is to be professionals for a good few hours every day, and most importantly to do their best in the weekends. They stopped doing that few months ago. But like i said, maybe McCoist is not the right man to motivate them. I would happily accept the Alex Ferguson kicking boots mode when he hit Beckham. Right now the Rangers players need a good kick in the ass.

this (tu)