What was your first ever Rangers top?

garycassidy1802

I love a bit of nostalgia.

I had a look at retro Gers tops online and it made me remember back to my parents buying me my first ever Rangers top as a kid, used to get both home and away, sometimes a goalie top every year throughout the year.

I still buy a top every year, but I can usually only afford one, like this year I bought the poppy one.

I was interested to see though, if people still buy and wear their Rangers tops every single year, and if people can remember their first Rangers kits.

My first kit was:

Rangers-92-Home_12.jpg

What was yours?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

_44588839_caldow_sns270.jpg

This one...but just so theres no confusion...thats not me in the pic.

Impeccably worn strip, with an inch of black showing above the red tops.

I'm going to run onto the park one day and show that cunt Greegs with his lady's stockings on, and the rest, how the socks are supposed to be.

What were the conclusions CM ?

As you probably know, the star was thought to have been from the Clydesdale Rowing Club.

The lion rampant was thought to have been because Campbell was a Scottish international, and could wear the Scottish badge...but the dates don't add up. Campbell first played for Scotland in 1878. If anything, Moses McNiel should have been able to wear a Scotland badge in 1876 at the time of the photo.

As you probably know, the star was thought to have been from the Clydesdale Rowing Club.

The lion rampant was thought to have been because Campbell was a Scottish international, and could wear the Scottish badge...but the dates don't add up. Campbell first played for Scotland in 1878. If anything, Moses McNiel should have been able to wear a Scotland badge in 1876 at the time of the photo.

Yes thats more or less what I remember re the 6 point one - though I think someone was arguing that PC was club captain hence the different badge.

Yes thats more or less what I remember re the 6 point one - though I think someone was arguing that PC was club captain hence the different badge.

I'm sure Tom Vallance was our first captain (certain in fact), and Campbell was vice captain. I don't think that was the reason D'art.

I'm sure Tom Vallance was our first captain (certain in fact), and Campbell was vice captain. I don't think that was the reason D'art.

Be intersting to open that discusssion out again...especially given your initial post re the time scales not fitting re the internationalist theory.