What was your first ever Rangers top?

garycassidy1802

On the subject of our first Captain, Tom Vallance, maybe some posters don't know this...

In the days before linesmen and assistant referees, the Captain of each team was nominated to assist the referee in officiating the match.

Rangers players revolted, and demanded that Vallance was relieved of this task, because he was "too fair" in every game they played.

It makes you kind of proud. :sherlock:

This is a pretty nifty fact. (tu)

But does tht mean if you where made captain, then you where dropped? :lol:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a pretty nifty fact. (tu)

But does tht mean if you where made captain, then you where dropped? :lol:

In the case of Vallance, Moses McNeil used to run to the fans when he scored, and hold up 2 fingers in support of the captain.

After this, Ye Olde Monstere Munche was reinstated to the pavillion, along with the Cap'n as a first pick.

My first ones were last season's home and away tops. I was never allowed one when I was younger (19 now) in case I "got into trouble because of it". Then I stopped playing football for about 6-7 years and so it was a mix of not really needing one and still not being allowed even if I had wanted one.

Started playing again winter '09, got an Algeria home top with Bougherra 2 on the back of it after the WC, got a Spurs home top with VDV 11 on it at the start of last season, and then when the Rangers tops were on offer near the end of last season, I decided I'd better get my first Rangers tops. Jelavic 18 on the away top, Caniggia 7 on the home top.

My first ones were last season's home and away tops. I was never allowed one when I was younger (19 now) in case I "got into trouble because of it". Then I stopped playing football for about 6-7 years and so it was a mix of not really needing one and still not being allowed even if I had wanted one.

Started playing again winter '09, got an Algeria home top with Bougherra 2 on the back of it after the WC, got a Spurs home top with VDV 11 on it at the start of last season, and then when the Rangers tops were on offer near the end of last season, I decided I'd better get my first Rangers tops. Jelavic 18 on the away top, Caniggia 7 on the home top.

Start a thread when you get around to recalibrating your parents with a baseball bat.

No wonder the tarriers are getting the upper hand.

Jeeeesus.

Start a thread when you get around to recalibrating your parents with a baseball bat.

No wonder the tarriers are getting the upper hand.

Jeeeesus.

The sad thing is, my dad's a Ger. It was always the maw worrying far too much. Had mates I used to play football with who supported both Rangers and the mhob, and had the tops, but as much as I argued she wouldn't budge on it. I was stuck with a dodgy Figo fake I'd got on holiday in Spain. Still, got them now, and proudly wearing them every week when I play now.

Mine was the 1960's blue v neck with number 11 on the back. My Dad claimed that it came from Ibrox via a friend of a friend, it was made of a thick woolen material which was incredibly warm! Sadly my Mother gave it to the rag man some years later