Bocanegra - Stay behind us

debear

CARLOS BOCANEGRA has vast experience in a career that has spanned four countries but even he hasn't seen a week like this in football.

The American captain admits it has been a difficult week for everyone associated with the club and he is now determined that he and his team mates produce a performance to lift the supporters this weekend.

He said: "They give us excellent support and I hope that everyone still comes out to cheer us on.

"As players we need to go out and perform and give them something to be happy about.

"They need something at the weekend to raise the spirits but they are all staying behind us and the support at this club has been fantastic since I've been here and that's been a really cool experience.

"I don't see that going anywhere. The fans are pretty loyal and their roots are pretty deep and tied in with this club.

"It's a difficult situation for them but we need to go out there and give them something to look forward to.

"This is the time when everybody needs to stick together. There might be finger pointing and apportioning of blame but in the end we are all in it together.

"We need to stick together and we'll pull through it. This club has been round for a long time and has a lot of history so it'll be OK."

"This club has a lot of support around the world, but especially here with the fan base in Glasgow.

"For them I know it is really frustrating because as players we come and go but the fans have been here for a long time so hopefully it works out in the best possible scenario."

Bocanegra knows there is nothing he can do to influence matters off the pitch, but wants to do everything he can to lift supporters with a performance on it.

He added: "Last week we didn't start fantastically but we got some momentum and played quite well.

"Saying that we didn't have a good result the week before and we need to be a bit more consistent regardless of anything that's going on off the field.

"As a competitor, any time you go on to the field you want to win. Everything else is out of our hands and it might sound clichéd to say it but we can't do anything about it."

He's a natural leader, thought Davis would've been the one coming out telling us this.

True perhaps, however, now is the time to get behind a player who has provided us with many great displays and a major factor in our 3IAR.

He'll know more than most what it means to play for The Rangers.

Well said by Boca though!

True perhaps, however, now is the time to get behind a player who has provided us with many great displays and a major factor in our 3IAR.

He'll know more than most what it means to play for The Rangers.

Well said by Boca though!

Now is the time to get behind the whole team mate (tu)

Can see where you're coming from though. Boca's fitted right in like he's been there forever. Love the guy.

Couldn't have put it better.

I've always been fully behind any Rangers 11, but they'll be a wee lump in my throat on Saturday and an extra wee cheer for that 18 and Super.

Now is when the team need us more than ever, win lose or draw we will follow on (tu)

WATP.

Very well said Boca. When things are like they are, you need a strong Captain to come out and give a statement like this. While I am very happy that Boca has come out and said this, I am a bit disappointed that Davis has remained silent. This is not a dig at our Captain, but just how I feel..

Anyways, I cant wait until Saturday. I will be singing in support for the whole 90 mins!

No Surrender!