For all the bad said about Whyte

Maybe not - as Ive said in private conversation with another poster...I suspect the PM/AJ bit is too fanciful.

But take them out the post and the theory behind that - looks like a pretty good shout as to where we are heading.

yes as the PM/AJ couldn`t happen as too many hate them.

King has stayed there and said nothing that I can remember.

Its all in the timing.

But I`ll let whyte do his thing till its the right time for Rangers to move on.

In Whyte I trust

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a did read it d i just cant trust this man and i'm disgusted we're in the position we're in i enjoy your posts and you are obviously a clever guy do you think whyte is working in our best interests or do you think he is screwing us over to make a quick buck ?

Like most of us Gary I have no idea. What I do see is the nucleus of a plan that he appears to have orchestrated from Day 1 now playing out. Even some of his harshest critics seem to grudgingly accept the route we are going will leave us debt free.

I think the answer to your question lies somewhere in the middle. He will bring us through this as he has promised and provide a sound financial footing. He will probably make a considerable profit in the process.

I dont see him being around for the long haul..or even the short haul.

Whether the manner and the method he uses to achieve his goal are "in the best interests of the club" will be a discussion we are having on here long after he has rode off into the sunset.

Like most of us Gary I have no idea. What I do see is the nucleus of a plan that he appears to have orchestrated from Day 1 now playing out. Even some of his harshest critics seem to grudgingly accept the route we are going will leave us debt free.

I think the answer to your question lies somewhere in the middle. He will bring us through this as he has promised and provide a sound financial footing. He will probably make a considerable profit in the process.

I dont see him being around for the long haul..or even the short haul.

Whether the manner and the method he uses to achieve his goal are "in the best interests of the club" will be a discussion we are having on here long after he has rode off into the sunset.

He may have made us debt-free, but we will have lost a whole lot more than that by the time it's all over. Sadly, too many just couldn't give a fuck about our name being dragged through the gutter and will class it as a victory.

He may have made us debt-free, but we will have lost a whole lot more than that by the time it's all over. Sadly, too many just couldn't give a fuck about our name being dragged through the gutter and will class it as a victory.

You could be right; but you might have to excuse us if we either get onto things too late, or have the complete wool staying over our eyes.

No arguements there.

But Im wondering if there ever was another way ? Could it have been achieved in an honourable way which befits the club ?

I really dont know.

No arguements there.

But Im wondering if there ever was another way ? Could it have been achieved in an honourable way which befits the club ?

I really dont know.

An unfavourable result in the tax case may have pushed us over the edge too, but going to war with HMRC was, I believe, designed to precipitate things and to ensure that there would be a definite end. Going down with some dignity would have been nice.

An unfavourable result in the tax case may have pushed us over the edge too, but going to war with HMRC was, I believe, designed to precipitate things and to ensure that there would be a definite end. Going down with some dignity would have been nice.

"An unfavourable result in the tax case may have pushed us over the edge" may have ?

HMRC went to war with us .

Yes your prob right with the thought he wanted a definite end. like us all.

going down with dignity wouldn`t have been nice as it would have left us in tatters with no where to go.

The thing is a minefield: are you honestly going to blame the fans if they can't who the good, the bad, and the ugly are?

I wasn't referring to being pro/anti to any individual running the club, rather the sort of actions which are deemed to be acceptable, e.g. redundancies to Rangers employees after hiving away stoppages from their wage packets, or conning every Tom, Dick and Harry out of their money when there was no intention of paying it back.

"An unfavourable result in the tax case may have pushed us over the edge" may have ?

HMRC went to war with us .

Yes your prob right with the thought he wanted a definite end. like us all.

going down with dignity wouldn`t have been nice as it would have left us in tatters with no where to go.

With respect, that is simply bollocks. No Rangers man should want to see us put out of business in order to fill some stranger's pockets.

I wasn't referring to being pro/anti to any individual running the club, rather the sort of actions which are deemed to be acceptable, e.g. redundancies to Rangers employees after hiving away stoppages from their wage packets, or conning every Tom, Dick and Harry out of their money when there was no intention of paying it back.

It was just a wee threat to HMRC. We didn't know they were going to take so serious.

The Joker 'Why so serious'?

People need to remember all this. Anyone who thinks we were put into administration purely on something else is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Its pish though. HMRC said no such thing (tu)

Its possible an appeal will not even be granted on this case for either side.

People still believing Whytes lies ffs. You would think they would learn. :anguish:

Spot on , lack of dignity / honour and the Rangers way :anguish:

By all means, if you feel the need to wallow in self pity & some pious guff about names being dragged through gutters, fill your boots. Its all very guilt-ridden and some might say, pompous. Not for me however, upwards & onwards, leaving all that pish for timmy and his pals to shout about.

Dragging a clubs name through the gutter would involve the type of things that went on at the piggery, unreported. This, by comparison, is like dropping your fruit pastille on the pavement, then quickly picking it up again and eating it. (no dog shit on the pavement either!) :pipe: