Clubs sniffing around our players.

pandabear

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4132878/Boca-to-join-Baz-at-Caps.html

SCOTLAND midfielder Barry Robson has agreed a shock deal to move to the MLS — and could be joined by Carlos Bocanegra.

Rangers' Captain America could be the first high-profile Ibrox star to leave after the club went into administration.

MLS outfit Vancouver Whitecaps have agreed a shock deal to sign Middlesbrough and Scotland ace Robson — and are also keen to take the American international back across the Atlantic.

New Whitecaps coach, Scot Martin Rennie, is keeping tabs on Bocanegra's Ibrox situation from the club's pre-season training camp in Arizona.

Bocanegra has two-and-a-half years of his contract left — but his future is now in limbo at Ibrox.

Rennie — who ran the rule over Bocanegra in the Old Firm game in December during a trip home to Scotland — revealed: "We're in the market for experienced players.

"There are targets we have in Britain but it may be that we have to wait until the British season ends before we can move."

Robson, whose Boro deal runs out this summer, is a former Dundee United team-mate of Rennie's No 2, former Rangers defender Paul Ritchie.

Rennie added: "We're delighted Barry Robson has decided to join us.

"I believe he had been offered two-year deals in the English Championship and there was also interest in him from Premiership clubs, so for him to decide to come here is a real feather in our cap."

Frenchman Eric Hassli is the Whitecaps' only designated player, leaving room for at least one further big-name arrival before the MLS season begins on March 10.

However, Bocanegra's case is different.

American players are allocated to the league and then assigned to a club.

The American transfer window has just opened and doesn't close until April 15.

Bocanegra had four seasons in the MLS with Chicago Fire before winning a move to Fulham in 2004.

Meanwhile, Gers backroom staff have already been contacted by a number of clubs about the possibility of players moving on, either on loan or in permanent deals.

With the Scandinavian transfer window open until March 31, Norwegian contacts have sounded Rangers out about which players they would allow to leave

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4132878/Boca-to-join-Baz-at-Caps.html#ixzz1mVO7KqlD

Yet more shite from a mhedia too blind to see that if they weren't scaremongering Rangers, they'd have nothing to print.

Yeah, but it's going to be happening though. Sadly, they might be enjoying our plight, but this could be happening. I think this will be the biggest test for the fans in this whole process.

Too easy for the press, find a country where the transfer window is open, pick a player. 15 minutes to write an article, stick in a photo. Tomorrow it will be Russia, Goians Eastern European that'll be another page done.

This was inevitable. :anguish:

Sadly, one of the first out the door would be Aluko.

If only we had tied the wee man down on a lenghthy contract before all this happened. :anguish:

Doesn't really matter if the player is on a long contract or not, if we are still in administration when the transfer window opens, then all players are up for grabs.

Derisory offer, if the player agrees to go, then the administrator will sell.

I think a lot of people thought administration would be painless, pay off 10p in the £1 for the debts and just carry on.

Wont be that way

Doesn't really matter if the player is on a long contract or not, if we are still in administration when the transfer window opens, then all players are up for grabs.

Derisory offer, if the player agrees to go, then the administrator will sell.

I think a lot of people thought administration would be painless, pay off 10p in the £1 for the debts and just carry on.

Wont be that way

I wasn't talking about during the transfer window though mate.

I mean over the next week or 2 players with little or no sell on value to the club could be let go.

Sadly, with only 3 months remaining on his contract, Aluko will fall into that category.

Then, as you say, when the window opens, if we are still in Admin the Shaggers and Davis's will be sold for peanuts.

Hope Boca stays but we'll just had to get on with it if he goes... I think Bartley's loan deal would

become void before they let Boca leave

And another kick in the gut, the Whitecaps!!! Boca is better than that!

Paul Ritchie is assistant coach there btw... I know we signed him but did he ever pull on a Rangers jersey?

This was inevitable. :anguish: Sadly, one of the first out the door would be Aluko.If only we had tied the wee man down on a lenghthy contract before all this happened. :anguish:

We might be able to, if the administrators see him as an asset then a contract could still be offered.

I wasn't talking about during the transfer window though mate.

I mean over the next week or 2 players with little or no sell on value to the club could be let go.

Sadly, with only 3 months remaining on his contract, Aluko will fall into that category.

Then, as you say, when the window opens, if we are still in Admin the Shaggers and Davis's will be sold for peanuts.

Yes, with you on that.

Not forgetting a lot of good honest hard working people behind the scenes, will in the next few weeks, be told that they no longer have a job ... cleaners, cooks, groundmen etc ... its heart breaking.

Yes, with you on that.

Not forgetting a lot of good honest hard working people behind the scenes, will in the next few weeks, be told that they no longer have a job ... cleaners, cooks, groundmen etc ... its heart breaking.

It most certainly is. :disappointment:

I am a Rangers Lotto agent, and I have just enclosed a letter with this weeks sheets wishing the staff all the best.

It's so little, and wish I could do more, but I had to at least let them know we are thinking of them at this time.

Yes, with you on that.

Some of the cleaners and tea ladies have been at ibrox since my dad was a boy. Can u imagine them having to look for another job?

I dont feel for a player earning £10k a week losing his job. Earning that much, you should have plenty of savings. Its the stadium staff, people who've been here for years. I know personally, rangers is their life, and it'll tare some of them apart.