The "Missing" Ticketus Cash

Guardian

If it was paid through Rangers accounts and HMRC got wind, is it not likely they would have followed others and had a court ring-fence it ?

I'm hoping the intention was to keep it out of their grasp.

I can't see Whyte making off with it as he would be extradited to Bar-L.

I have no idea of his intentions, but as someone said earlier, he does appear to be making an unsellable club into a sellable one.

He's never said it would be easy, but we appear to be going in the right direction.

Paul Murray & AJ seem very keen to elbow him out. Looks like they can see a profit in Rangers after the admin.

If Whyte turns out not to be a crook, and sells to a wealthy owner(s) it will be party time down Ibrox way.

Don't Stop Believin' :21:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Whyte say it was totally 100% underwritten by one of his companies?

Referring to either the debt or the loan itself, or mortgage rather, what does this actually mean and may it explain why it's not in our accounts?

The Ticketus debt is underwritten by a company owned by CW.

This is not a Rangers debt.

Where the £20M went, only the administrators will know.

The only reason that we are here is that the HMRC has squeezed the life out of our club, because they cannot prove their case.

The EBT Scheme was legal, it is a paperwork issue.

But we have protected our assets and regardless of the HMRC outcome, we will be safe.

Do not believe the MHedia

If Ticketus paid it to someone other than Rangers, who is "at fault", and what does it mean?

Does it mean if Rangers were in admin come season ticket time then we can tell Ticketus to fuck off. They can take it up with Whyte. I honestly don't know, but the administrators were quick in telling everyone there was no trace of the money. I was surprised how open they were.

Does it mean if Rangers were in admin come season ticket time then we can tell Ticketus to fuck off. They can take it up with Whyte. I honestly don't know, but the administrators were quick in telling everyone there was no trace of the money. I was surprised how open they were.

So who is at fault for that? Why did Ticketus not make the cheque out to Rangers? Then it would show.

So who is at fault for that? Why did Ticketus not make the cheque out to Rangers? Then it would show.

I don't know. Why would Ticketus give a loan to a football team thats about to be made insolvent? Maybe no money has actually changed hands and Ticketus and Whyte are working a scam, taking £6 million from Rangers every year for the next four years and splitting the cash. The whole thing stinks anyway.

I don't know. Why would Ticketus give a loan to a football team thats about to be made insolvent? Maybe no money has actually changed hands and Ticketus and Whyte are working a scam, taking £6 million from Rangers every year for the next four years and splitting the cash. The whole thing stinks anyway.

Aye, it sounds like no one could ever suss that scam out. :D

In what way could they both arrange to do that without anyone ending up in jail?

The Ticketus money was given on the basis of future Rangers season ticket sales. If they are going to be done out of that money it does NOT reflect well on CW and Rangers. CW is/was Rangers at that time. The money went to his company. Also not paying PAYE and VAT does not reflect well on CW and Rangers and is the immediate cause of the administration.

Whether we survive ok or not this is not the way to do business.

CW has a lot to answer for. (As does SDM)

It should be interesting to see whether he ends up in jail or not. (Is it not fraud to do what he might have done to Ticketus?) Surely Ticketus has some security against a sum like 24m?

In any event should be an interesting month or two.

The Ticketus debt is underwritten by a company owned by CW.

This is not a Rangers debt.

Where the £20M went, only the administrators will know.

The only reason that we are here is that the HMRC has squeezed the life out of our club, because they cannot prove their case.

The EBT Scheme was legal, it is a paperwork issue.

But we have protected our assets and regardless of the HMRC outcome, we will be safe.

Do not believe the MHedia

The problem is years ago we were told that the debt wasn't a Rangers debt it was a Murray debt :rolleyes:

I maybe think Whyte put it into an offshore accound under one of his companies names outwith Rangers. At this point in time, maybe for his own good or maybe for a future investment after admin. Who knows?! Maybe it'll be answered within the next few weeks.

I just hope Whyte isn't a 21st century ronnie biggs :anguish:

Ronnie Biggs = The Great Train Robber :ph34r:...Craig Whyte = The Gravy Train Robber ? :rolleyes:

I'm not the sharpest knife in the cutlery drawer when it comes to financial dealings,Thermo, but to me Whyte is about as legit as a three pound note :anguish:...BUT he has to be a genius, because if he is at the con of the century then he has bamboozled SDM and his legal people....He has bamboozled the legal eagles of LBG and he has bamboozled the legal guys at Ticketus...So if he is the biggest clown in the circus, as some think he is, what does that make all these other financial and and legal wizards?

Ok my take is, whatever Whyte is, he isn't stupid. He's known from the start administrators would be in so it would be suicide to embezzle any cash. Rather, I think he has borrowed the money from one of his other companies & loaned it to the Rangers entity he set up to buy the club. He then used the Ticketus cash to repay the original debt and leaving the Rangers entity owed money by the club. Crucially, this debt is secured meaning he is in the driving seat for any CVA or insolvency event.

I think he will be gone shortly, leaving chaos behind but more importantly a revitalised RFC. Plus a couple of million for his troubles. Still doesn't explain AJs role, however, you'd think he'd be happy to see this played out & RFC back on its feet.

We've been told that the ticketus money is unsecured debt. Yes, unsecured against rangers, whyte himself said it had been underwritten by one of his companies, just not rangers. How might that play out then?

It is not Rangers's liability, therefore it is nothing to do with us. It's almost exactly like you owning a company and taking a personal loan out, it hasn't gone through the companies books, therefore it is you and only you who is liable to pay back the loan.

That is the information we have been given just now, but I doubt this is the end of this. It's all very strange. How could ticketus be so stupid as to supply another company with a loan for an unconnected company's future revenue?

To put it slightly less explicit than i would like to - someone is telling someone some big feckin fibs with bells on.