Yanks Eye Up Ger's Deal

18DerGoalie72

TWO American-based consortiums are now pondering takeover bids for Rangers — after Milan Mandaric distanced himself from a deal.

The former Portsmouth and Leicester City supremo issued a denial in the wake of the story. But this is the TRUTH behind what would have been a stunning twist in the tale of Scotland's stricken champions.

On Wednesday the club's administrators, Duff and Phelps, informed Gers chairman Craig Whyte that they had been told of interest from Mandaric in the Glasgow giants.

The Mandaric interest was then discussed at the highest levels within Ibrox and yesterday Rangers sources CONFIRMED the interest was genuine, despite the Owls chief issuing a statement saying he had no interest in the club.

A spokesman for Gers administrators said: "We would confirm that there have now been several expressions of interest — direct and indirect — in the future of Rangers."

Commercially American ownership would be brilliant.

But I think I'd rather have someone with Rangers at heart...

Anyone who puts enough money into the club to win trophies and save the club from further trouble and also has the supporters at best interest at all times will do for me.

Another pathetic piece of journalism. How did we from two interested consortiums from America, to Mandaric not being interest then being interested and no fucking mention of the thing we really care about - the American consortiums!?

I'm honestly never buying any paper ever again.

So despite Mandaric saying he isn't interested, they're still insisting that it is? :lol:

I work with a guy whos is a die hard Sheff Wed fan.

He said than Madaraic made a very similar speech deyning his interest just before he bought Wednesday.

Lets be serious, no one and I mean NO ONE will buy Rangers until that EBT business is sorted out. All we're going to hear now until this is done every other day is someone interested in buying Rangers, yanks, russians, lord lucan...you name it they'll be trying to buy us. I wouldn't even entertain it and the administrators should know better than to confirm it.