Players that may be released?

Skip

Good luck with that Gogzy I reckon they would snuff him out.

I dont think he is of the required standard.

I am by no means saying he is amazing, but i genuinley think he could cut it against any of the spl. I think he is vastly underrated and was thought of as a joke player from day one.

If someone we spent millions came on and put in some of the shifts kerkar has, they would be hailed as the new messiah.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would we not be looking to Alexander as our number 1 next season? After greegsys sold.

No idea, I would say that as it stands right now, purely in terms of cutting costs we don't need the both of them and in my opinion we will allow Alexander to leave and keep hold of McGregor as a saleable asset for when the transfer window reopens in the summer, if in fact we are still in admin at that time.

I am by no means saying he is amazing, but i genuinley think he could cut it against any of the spl. I think he is vastly underrated and was thought of as a joke player from day one.

If someone we spent millions came on and put in some of the shifts kerkar has, they would be hailed as the new messiah.

Gogzy I have been pleasantly surprised by him but its one thing against Arbroath,Dunfermline and a pish poor Hibs but the sterner tests are another thing.

Why has it taken until this stage of the season for him to get a shout and even then from the bench when anyone with eyes in their head can see he at least offers more than Papac. ?

How does it work with players that still have a bit of time left on their deals?

If we released Bocanegra who has the best part of 2-3yrs left would we not owe him some sort of compensation or does being in Admin mean that we dont have to?

We would owe him the remainder of his contract but being in admin he would simply join all the other creditors we owe money to and would have a vote in any CVA.

Would we not be looking to Alexander as our number 1 next season? After greegsys sold.

A lot will probably depend on what happend between now & the end of the season (assuming we do keep both). If we're out of administration & someone else buys the club, we may not need to sell.

Don't also rule out certain players, like Greegs agreeing to a pay cut too.

are we actually going to release anyone? the players are getting paid next week and its only been the media that have proclaimed player cuts will happen

perhaps the guys with contracts up in the summer will go but thats it maybe

I think it's certain that players will leave. I think a lot will depend on who they are and whether the higher earners maybe agree to a pay cut.

So if he pumped in his millions and gave them all a massive pay hike they would magically become better players.

Pumping in millions to under achievers landed us in this mess.

Who mentioned a pay hike? <cr>

You were saying that McCoist and Davis should work for free over the next four months.

We're fucked for strikers either way. Healy's not up to the task, but if we let him go we have no out & out striker, other than Hemmings. Of course Lafferty is almost fit....if he's not dumped. IMO, Healy will stay. Just hope Hemmings doesn't get released. Maybe we could recall Fleck from Blackpool as a make shift striker and let Healy go??

Midfield we're pretty well covered. But no idea what happens to our players who are out on loan. Can they sign for the team they are loaned out to if we release their contracts? If so, we should let Hutton & Ortiz leave. Then let McKay, Bedooya & Wylde go.

Defenders: Broadfoot & Papac are the obvious ones for me. Bartley will be away too. Could also let Grant Adam go & keep Alexander as back up to Greegs!

I've left out Naismith as I really don't know what the future will hold for him. Hopefully they don't see him as a big earner that they can get off the wage bill and not affect the squad this season.

It's a horrible situation. However, we do have 35 players in the squad, so we have to trim that back.

Also looking at the club as a whole, Gordon Smith isn't needed....that could surely save us a couple of hundred grand.

Durrants another one that can go, not sure what his role even is other than putting Deep Heat in the jockstraps and switching the sugar and salt in the canteen.

In administration, first to go are those on the shortest contracts remaining, then the oldest i.e. those with least sell on value. Bartley is a cert to go as he is of no value to us. It's messy at the best of times but beinf outside a transfer window makes it worse. Compensation will be due to players whose contracts will be terminated.

are we actually going to release anyone? the players are getting paid next week and its only been the media that have proclaimed player cuts will happen

perhaps the guys with contracts up in the summer will go but thats it maybe

The £10m(and rising) black hole won't be filled by that. Unless we get a new owner(s), we'll need to shed quite a bit between now and the summer window.

Actually, just reading a bit about it and apparently the compensation owed to players should be paid out before paying other creditors which means in our case there could be sweet fa left for the creditors.

I'm not sure but I think I recall hearing the law was different for EPL clubs.

Maybe not I'm not quite sure

Correct.

If he had paid the taxes he collected from Rangers employees, we wouldn't be in administration just now.

Casey I was thinking more along the lines of the standard of playing staff we have at present and the fitba we have been playing practically all season

The whole tax thing has my brain fried.

Do you think this was to force HMRC to force us into administration ?

Casey I was thinking more along the lines of the standard of playing staff we have at present and the fitba we have been playing practically all season

The whole tax thing has my brain fried.

Do you think this was to force HMRC to force us into administration ?

Crossed wires, mate. :)

You'll get no arguments from me with regard to the poor quality of our players. I would punt the lot of them.

I don't think Whyte wanted administration this early, but HMRC forced his hand.