Players that may be released?

Skip

As sad as it is to say if first team playing staff have to go next week and the administrators and Ally sit down and have to decide on players to be released this might not be as bad as it originally seems. Take the left back situation, We have two first team left backs so we are made to release Papac probably, yes he's been a great servant but now we have to play a left sided midfielder or winger in there instead of a left back. Take the forward positions, fair bet would be Healy and going on the past few weeks evidence Kerkar (who i think is limited as a footballer) brings more to the team just by putting in much more effort and shuts opposition defenders down. Gutted this week but no excuse for today's performance we can't work a possition to break the opposition down, today and Dundee Utd are two perfect examples of this

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tin hat on but I'd release goian and play Perry every game. I'd release whittaker or sell him and use Cole and broadfoot. I'd release or sell bedoya and mckay and use Davis and edu. I'd release papac as his deal is almost up anyway

then I'd release healy and use hemmings. These youngsters are our lifeblood now.

I'd be gutted for Salim if he got released :(00000041.gif

EDIT: Also, can't see Whitaker being released. 5 year deal on £20k, aye fuck it just let an asset go.

If anything he'll take a pay cut.

He's probably one of our lowest paid players in the squad. Think £750 PW was quoted at one point, he makes up for it in shirt sales.

He's probably one of our lowest paid players in the squad. Think £750 PW was quoted at one point, he makes up for it in shirt sales.

He actually impresses me more than some of our other options. Seems to never really give up.

McKay, Bedoya, Bartley, Papac.

I'd imagine that's a solid 20-25k right there.

All the better if we can recoup some of the fees we paid for McKay and Bedoya, if indeed we ever actually got round to paying for them...

Add to that list Neil Alexander. At this stage of the season we don't need a back-up keeper of his standard.

I know it's brutal but from McCoists usual first choice 11 the only ones I would keep are McGregor,Bocanegra and Naismith. The rest are average at best and could easily be replaced by Perry,Hutton etc. Time for the younger players to be given a chance of a good run in the side.

McGregor,Boca,Aluko,Naismith,maybe Perry can stay.

The rest can go and we can start afresh.

We need guys who can step up every week not just when they fancy it,guys with a bit of hunger and no little amount of skill or talent.

Durrant,McDowell,Brown,Murray and Smith can go too.

Jurys out on the manager as I'm not to sure who would step in but I dont think he would be a great loss.

We need someone who can work on a budget and buy and play players in their natural positions.