Anyone still think that supporting Rangers is just about the football?

Colonel Mustard

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've mentioned before on RM recently, that any handwringers and treehuggers who thought that football was the reason we were under constant attack from every tarrier in a position to raise his voice, should have a long look at themselves .

Do we actually have anyone on RM who would admit to backing a strategy of just fighting the filth on the football park now?

Is there anyone who hasn't realised yet, that the 18% minority will try to destroy everything to do with Rangers AND Protestantism in this country before they are satisfied?

I just wondered.

OH FFS grow up! - It has FK all to do with your religion, percieved religion, or your view of what religion should be. It has nothing to do with politics, unionism or any other nonsense political label you would like associated with our club.

Our current predicament has fk all to do with any religious or political stance by anybody.

SDM overextended and got in the shit and couldnae get out of it when the recession bit and screwed up by selling out to CW. CW is looking like someone out to feather his own nest at any cost - and most likely doing so by being crooked.

Unless SDM and CW were long term deep plant for the RC faith (and that is probably a conspiracy theory you would buy into in your stupidity) this thread and your post is trying to use the current mis-fortunes of Rangers to get backing for your warped view of what supporting Rangers should be all about.

We have been led here by someone who over-reached and by someone who is just a crook. I have NO DOUBT the Rangers face a battle ahead, but it is not the quasi-religious, semi-politcial mobilisation of the Kirk and the Unionist movement you hope for. (and shame on you for trying to make sure your politics and religion come out stronger by pandering to the fear in support). The fight we face is to make sure that the futire of 'our' club is never again put at threat by the financial custodians who get the privilage of leading our club.

OH FFS grow up! - It has FK all to do with your religion, percieved religion, or your view of what religion should be. It has nothing to do with politics, unionism or any other nonsense political label you would like associated with our club.

Our current predicament has fk all to do with any religious or political stance by anybody.

SDM overextended and got in the shit and couldnae get out of it when the recession bit and screwed up by selling out to CW. CW is looking like someone out to feather his own nest at any cost - and most likely doing so by being crooked.

Unless SDM and CW were long term deep plant for the RC faith (and that is probably a conspiracy theory you would buy into in your stupidity) this thread and your post is trying to use the current mis-fortunes of Rangers to get backing for your warped view of what supporting Rangers should be all about.

We have been led here by someone who over-reached and by someone who is just a crook. I have NO DOUBT the Rangers face a battle ahead, but it is not the quasi-religious, semi-politcial mobilisation of the Kirk and the Unionist movement you hope for. (and shame on you for trying to make sure your politics and religion come out stronger by pandering to the fear in support). The fight we face is to make sure that the futire of 'our' club is never again put at threat by the financial custodians who get the privilage of leading our club.

No wonder everyone is pishing all over us when we still have appeasers. They are all trying to crush our club into dust and you do not see it.

If it was purely about the football then we'd be lucky to have 10,000 there each week such is the paucity of talent and the quality of play.

With regards the wider point, any Rangers fan that has ever voted Labour should be ashamed of themselves. They opened the door and sold the country down the river.

I agree with the football point you made, but your either to young or to brain dead to remember what the Tories under Thatcher did to this country.

I agree with the football point you made, but your either to young or to brain dead to remember what the Tories under Thatcher did to this country.

I'm old enough to remember what every Labour Government has done to this country.

I was also wise enough to know what would happen when people started turning against their own to vote in pinko papists. Like I said, any Rangers fan that ever voted Labour should hang their heads in shame. But hey, you've been finding out for the last thirty years what they think of their non-septic minded "comrades".

I've mentioned before on RM recently, that any handwringers and treehuggers who thought that football was the reason we were under constant attack from every tarrier in a position to raise his voice, should have a long look at themselves .

Do we actually have anyone on RM who would admit to backing a strategy of just fighting the filth on the football park now?

Is there anyone who hasn't realised yet, that the 18% minority will try to destroy everything to do with Rangers AND Protestantism in this country before they are satisfied?

I just wondered.

Good post Colonel because the handwringers and appeasers who want to be loved by everyone really need to waken up. The amount of people who are wanting our club finished is unreal, plus their hatred is shining right through. All i will say is crawl up their arses and be friends with them if you want. But you know what, they hate and despise you and everything our club stands for.

Sweep Sweep Colonel nothing to See here.

Now Minstrel some of them are so far up there they cant find their way back,we are now fighting for our Way of Life ,that's official.

It is much much more than Football ,ask the Earls .

I'll ignore your spelling, and ask you........are you defending Labour?

I'll save myself the bother of even reading your drivel by simply replying that whatever you have just said is utter garbage, as per usual. Cunt.

I just wondered.

I made a similar comment not long ater I joined RM, and got slated off few posters. Especially jimbeamjunior, who asked me "what the fuck has religion got to do with Rangers? Dont we have any catholic or muslim fans"?

But in answer to your point, the fucken tarriers want our team & OUR religion destroyed.

They will stop at nothing in their quest & we must stop them before its too late.

I'll save myself the bother of even reading your drivel by simply replying that whatever you have just said is utter garbage, as per usual. Cunt.

The one thing about cunts is they are useful things - and i am kind of fond of getting a bit of cunt every now and then. It beats what you have to do - namely :wanker:

And while Rome burned....

And while Rome burned....

... almost an apt quote - despite all the wars with greece, egypy and other 'enemies' of their time, Rome was sacked by the person in power, based on suspicion and paranoia (and a touch of meglomaniac madness).

Similar situation on here - while a few of you retrogrades are tilting your swords at the windmills of religion and politics - the real fight is who leads us from within. I would say, similar to the mis-management of Rome leading to its demise, if we turned our attentions to the guardianship of this club we may protect ourselves from being in this position again of letting our custodians threaten our future!

oh and 2 small points - Do you actually think SDM and CW were part of this great RC conspiracy against 'us' ?

oh and do you get the Irony of Rome Burning as your analogy ? (which, incorrectly, made me laugh! :praise: )

Just a couple of points:

1 - During these very dark times for us, the hatred coming from prominent Celtic figures (Lawell, Lennon, Kelly et al) has been quite astonishing. They can't even hide it well. Honestly I can't see any reason why they feel the need to comment on our current plight, it's fcuk all to do with them. If roles were reversed, I'd cringe if any of our management team, board or chief exec went in front of the cameras or press and said the types of things they've come out with. Even non Rangers supporting friends of mine commented on the fact Lennon was almost frothing at the mouth talking about the state we are in and that we mean nothing to them in the league race.

If we mean nothing, stop talking about us you fcuker.

2 - Given point 1, what does this episode tell us about WHY they hate us so much. Is it religion? Footballing rivalry? Who knows. But lets not kid ourselves, we hate them too. Personally I hate Celtic as its just kind of ingrained in me. Its nothing about religion, I'd hate them if they were a traditional protestant club. When I really, really think about, I realise I hate them because of the mass of hatred they have towards my football club. I hate them because they hate Rangers.

Which is why I have some Celtic supporting friends - they are good people and they like me and I like them. But their club hates me, so I hate their club.

I wonder if that puts me in the minority or majority.....