Rangers hopeful that £24m Ticketus deal can be written off in legal row

Potdog

Where the money went is irrelevant. It's where the security lies. Whyte has said the security is over a personal company not relating to Rangers (I know he's a liar but until we have hard evidence proving any different we have to accept this as truth?). I'm pretty sure Whyte would just liquidate that company and shaft Ticketus if it came to it.

Ticketus' security over Whyte's assets will surely be more than adequate. I'd be surprised if they didn't have a personal guarantee and fixed securities as well (e.g. floating charges over his companies, shares pledges in respect of the shares held in other companies, maybe even standard securities over properties he owns). They'll have looked at the accounts of any companies involved to make sure they're sufficiently valuable to avoid a situation where he just liquidates a company and waltzes off into the sunset.

They would be off their nut to lend £24m on the back of a guarantee with no fixed protections to fall back on.

There is a lurking danger in all of this in my opinion.

If as i suspect, the money has went to Rangers Group(formerly Wavetower) and our administrators or legal team claim it has nothing to do with the club and we will not honour any transactions, then Ticketus will go after Whyte/Rangers Group.

If they go after Whyte/Rangers group, then this will place them into administration(as there is no way the dick can pay that money back) and ticketus will have first claim on their assets......which of course we all know is the 85% stake in Rangers Football Club. :disappointment:

This makes some sort of buyout more crucial in my opinion.

PS - this has just occurred to me so not fully thought it through so if anyone can think of a reason why this cant happen then happy to listen. (tu)

the only way i can think is that Ticketus must have seen some sort of guarantee, Whyte simply saying that his company will cover it surely wouldnt have been enough

So if ticketus asked him whyte MUST have shown them something, also if he used his stake in the club as guarantee then how if he didnt own the club at the time

isnt that illegal

He didn't, technically. He reached an agreement with Ticketus that was dependent on him taking over Rangers. Ticketus placed the money into an account and had the deal to acquire Rangers fallen through then the money would've been returned to Ticketus.

How do you know that? Source?

Ticketus' security over Whyte's assets will surely be more than adequate. I'd be surprised if they didn't have a personal guarantee and fixed securities as well (e.g. floating charges over his companies, shares pledges in respect of the shares held in other companies, maybe even standard securities over properties he owns). They'll have looked at the accounts of any companies involved to make sure they're sufficiently valuable to avoid a situation where he just liquidates a company and waltzes off into the sunset.

They would be off their nut to lend £24m on the back of a guarantee with no fixed protections to fall back on.

You'd think so but then again if they have willingly participated in 'Financial Assistance' without any prior approval from the FSA you begin to wonder what kind of arseholes are in charge of these companies.

PS - Whyte fooled Murray/Murray's lawyers with his accounts when showing guarantee's - maybe he's done it to TicketUS too? I wouldn't rule anything out. He seems very confident for someone who has a supposed personal liability of almost £30m.

How do you know that? Source?

It's more or less what the administrators stated and isn't an unheard of practice. In fact, it's largely how the Russian oligarchs became fabulously wealthy ... Yeltsin offered them state-owned assets at a knockdown price and they were able to borrow money to buy the assets. Not hard to get circa £300 million from a bank if you can show them that the dosh will get you an oil company worth £7 billion.

It's more or less what the administrators stated and isn't an unheard of practice. In fact, it's largely how the Russian oligarchs became fabulously wealthy ... Yeltsin offered them state-owned assets at a knockdown price and they were able to borrow money to buy the assets. Not hard to get circa £300 million from a bank if you can show them that the dosh will get you an oil company worth £7 billion.

(tu)

The money would have been held in Escrow until everything was sorted and released only when the tickets were officially "Whytes" to sell.

Total sleekit kunt. :anguish: